2016 Broadmoor Open/Aerial Challenge | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 Broadmoor Open/Aerial Challenge

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I think they just said Max had hernia surgery recently? First i have heard... poor guy, taken care of my better through a few.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I think they just said Max had hernia surgery recently? First i have heard... poor guy, taken care of my better through a few.

Yes, Ryan Bradley said it twice.

The first time, I wasn't sure I heard him correctly -- but then he said it again a few sentences later.

Yikes. But glad that Max is able to compete, although his consistency has been affected.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Men's Final

Camden Pulkinen:
3A (turnout, twofoot)-2T
4T-twofoot, fall
Retry: 4T-fall

Tomoki Hiwatashi:
3A (hand down)-2T
4T

Max Aaron:
3A-1Lo-3Sal-according to announcer 10's across the board for that one!
4S-fall

Alexei Krasnozhon:
3A-1Lo-3S
4Lo-fall, but looked rotated
Goes over and bro-hugs Jimmy Ma in the warm up area :laugh2:

Jimmy Ma:
3A-fall
Retries 3A-hands down, adds 1T for combo
4T-twofoot, stepout

Unlike the last announcer, this one is just awkward.

just wondering

On the Ice
Ashley Kim was impressive in the final round! Seems she has the same coach as Vivian Le and Emily Chan.

Purely supposition and slightly OT, but I'm wondering if Vivian Le is the Dallas skater who was rumored to have moved to Raf. The other Dallas contenders are at Broadmoor Open. Although registered, Vivian did not compete and neither did any of Raf's skaters.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Ladies' Championship Round

Carly Berrios:
2A-bunch of back scratch turns out. 3A attempt?

Courtney Hicks:
3A-fall, possibly UR

Ashley Kim:
3A-looked <<

Looks like Courtney will win. Her attempt was not landed but by FAR the closest. :agree:

Edit: Ashley won! Wow, didn't see that coming.

Layback11

Record Breaker
Purely supposition and slightly OT, but I'm wondering if Vivian Le is the Dallas skater who was rumored to have moved to Raf. The other Dallas contenders are at Broadmoor Open. Although registered, Vivian did not compete and neither did any of Raf's skaters.

I have heard nothing about this and that's surprising because I totally über her and, actually, most of the Dallas skaters, lol. But considering the success Raf has had with improving his other skaters' consistency, that could be good if true. :agree:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Major thanks to everyone keeping the information flowing in this thread. The only thing I've seen that I wish I could unsee was Je Suis Mallade. Oy with the poodles already!

Layback11

Record Breaker
Men's Champ Round

Jimmy Ma:
4Lz-fall
4T-fall, twofoot. Punches ice.

Max Aaron
4S(hand down)-2T
4S-2foot, fall

Alexei Krasnozhon
4Lo-checks out and lands, then falls
4Lo-fall
Retries 4Lo-fall
Retries 4Lo again-stepout, adds 2T
Dabs as he skates off :laugh2:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Major thanks to everyone keeping the information flowing in this thread. The only thing I've seen that I wish I could unsee was Je Suis Mallade. Oy with the poodles already!
You mean Emily's SP? What was wrong with it? I loved what I saw of it. :sad21: And may I ask, what do small dogs have to do with French pop music? :p

(For the record, I'm a little bit too obsessed with JSM. It's my favorite second-class warhorse :love:)

Alexei Krasnozhon won the men's for the second year in a row. He now owns every Freezer Challenge men's title that has ever been awarded.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You mean Emily's SP? What was wrong with it? I loved what I saw of it. :sad21: And may I ask, what do small dogs have to do with French pop music? :p

(For the record, I'm a little bit too obsessed with JSM. It's my favorite second-class warhorse :love:)

I only saw that she skated to it but not the program itself yet. I'll be fair when I do but JSM has the tendency to wrinkle my brain at times. :eek::

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... Alexei Krasnozhon won the men's for the second year in a row. He now owns every Freezer Challenge men's title that has ever been awarded.

You need to check your facts.

Last year Max won the inaugural Aerial Challenge. Aleksei second. Nathan third.

But my heartiest of congratulations to Aleksei :bow: this year. And to Max and Jimmy.

Plus Ashley, Courtney, and Carly.

(I'm esp. happy for Papa Krasnozhon. He must be so proud :).)

ETA:
Another one of Papa K's selfies on Thursday was with Aleksei's friend Jimmy. Papa K referred (in Russian) to Jimmy as a "star." And Papa was right :cool:.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHATJ0lQAzZ/ (Jun 23)​

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Krasnozhon edges Aaron in Aerial Figure Skating Challenge
By: Joe Paisley
June 24, 2016 • Updated: June 24, 2016 at 11:50 pm
    
Dallas' Aleksei Krasnozhon rose to meet defending champion Max Aaron's challenge to land his first clean quadruple loop in competition and eke out victory in the second annual Aerial Figure Skating Challenge.

"If this went one more round I know Max would have won," Krasnozhon said. "Last year, I wasn't able to land clean but tonight I was right on. I hit it just right. (Landing the jump cleanly) was some real progress for me." ....

http://gazette.com/krasnozhon-edges-aaron-in-aerial-figure-skating-challenge/article/1578978 (full article covers the ladies too)​

More vids tweeted by @shintora_sports:

ETA:

BTW, if anyone cares to read back through live-tweeting of Aerial Challenge, the official account @AerialChallenge provided lots and lots.

And ... our old friend Alokya Perera @11apperera posted some too -- although not as extensively as last year, b/c she knew that live-streaming would be available this year.​

Last edited:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Ryan's jab at Max's choreography was not really in good taste in my opinion.

He made a jab about Max's choreography? Seriously? It's a JUMP contest. What did anyone's choreography have to do with anything?

RYAN made a jab at ANYONE about choreography???????????????????????????????????????????

Oh honey, just change your name to Kettle Black.

Agreed!

ice coverage

Record Breaker
More videos/reporting from @shintora_sports:

- Placements 1 thru 8 and overall scores from Junior Men's Combined Event:
Krasnozhon 1st; Hiwatashi 2nd; Pulkinen 3rd, ...

- Embedded video of Tomoki's FS:

Listing of T's FS elements:
Tomoki HIWATASHI
FPは道。4Tso 3A 3Lo / 2Aot-2T 3Lz-1Lo-3F 3Lz 3F 3S-2T。動画は後程。
https://twitter.com/shintora_sports/status/746726337197400064

Tomoki's FS scores (he skated before Aleksei):

- Embedded video of Aleksei's FS:

Listing of A's FS elements:
Alexei KRASNOZHON
新プロかな。4Lo着氷 3S 映像飛んだ 3A-3T 3A / 3F-2T-2Lotano 3Lz-3Lo 2A
https://twitter.com/shintora_sports/status/746728080060780544

Aleksei's FS scores:

- This tweet has links to unlisted YouTube videos for the free skates of Tomoki and Aleksei:

Last edited: