Predictions for Russian JGP team 2016-17 | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Predictions for Russian JGP team 2016-17

The Finn

Record Breaker
Which shows me that it is nice that she is improving, but at the same time she had only three decent scores in the whole season. She didn't even qualify for junior nationals, and in junior B nationals she was only sixth! I don't know if that is good enough for you, but to me it doesn't particularly shows great result. Ok results yes, but not the result that couldn't be matched by another 10-20 Russian junior ladies skaters. I am sure that if you look into all junior ladies skaters, you will get about 10-20 of them who have either comparable or better reaults in the last season. So saying that Panenkova was known and her decent results this season were expected is delusional.

She was most definitely pretty known skater at the latter part of last season among those who watch Russian figure skating. For those who doesn't watch Russian figure skating, yeah, I bet she wasn't known skater. There was absolutely no surprise here as she was already a real contender at the latter part of last season and who ever claims otherwise is a person who haven't watched Russian figure skating.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Why are you so underestimate Fedichkina? She is a strong skater, if in a good shape. At least she is better than some of the girls that you are included to the JGP: Nugumanova, Gulyakova and Kurakova.

Kurakova is a real contender nowadays. She is at totally different level than what she was last season. Gulyakova looks very good too.

Anyway, the problem is with Alisa and with some other skaters is that strong doesn't do it anymore, one needs to be really strong to make it to the Russian team next season because there are so many new superstrong ladies coming eligible, and top of that quite a few already eligible girls are doing better or much better than what they did last season.

Why Konstantinova should move to seniors? This season is her JGP debut and her results are not so high and stable.

Why would she stay in juniors? She will have atleast 1 GP for sure and maybe even the home spot as 2nd GP event. Hopefully she will do great at Tallinn Trophy. If she does then that should pretty much seal the deal because I highly doubt that Fed would have anything against her moving to seniors.

Last edited:

lavoix

Match Penalty
Fedichkina should change coaches. She won't make it anywhere with Rukavicin.

Lozko is so pretty, I hope she surprises us!

sneakers

Match Penalty
to be in russian juniors, one needs not only good technically but consistent
Fedichkina is neither, she sometimes underrotates and not that stable.

Amer

Final Flight
Country
Italy
to be in russian juniors, one needs not only good technically but consistent
Fedichkina is neither, she sometimes underrotates and not that stable.

Welcome back, Skyfly!!
Just now made the connection :)

sneakers

Match Penalty
Fedichkina should change coaches. She won't make it anywhere with Rukavicin.

Lozko is so pretty, I hope she surprises us!

but we can give credit to Rukavicin for their skating skills: such as Aliev, Makarova, Fedichkina have good skating skills.

lavoix

Match Penalty
but we can give credit to Rukavicin for their skating skills: such as Aliev, Makarova, Fedichkina have good skating skills.

And we all know how Makarova ended up...
Aliev is in the same boat, promising skater, has not lived up to expectations.