Daria Panenkova | Page 19 | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Who is Elena Rodina? I know she sometimes does interviews with skaters but I haven‘t heard anything else of her.

Me too till yesterday :) She on one hand makes some normal interviews with skaters, on the other she makes some comments on her insta that are really nasty and beyond any reason esp. about Alina, as I've learned (and I mean really nasty, russian ladies thread is a peaceful country full of butterflies and unicorns in comparison with that :) ).

atsumiri

Record Breaker
The main problem is not about her "nasty comments" online, but about her threats of physical harm and about her stalking in real life. She is a sick person who needs a medical help.

malya

On the Ice
The main problem is not about her "nasty comments" online, but about her threats of physical harm and about her stalking in real life. She is a sick person who needs a medical help.

Same.
I don't understand why Dasha does an Interview with her if she is somehow friends with Alina. I would not talk with a Person who regularly says and does stuff like this with my friend.
"it's Russia" does not excuse from moral boundaries. Idk why stuff like this is ignored (or liked?) and skaters and coaches still talk to Person like this. She even has a huge following?!

zounger

Medalist
Who is Elena Rodina? I know she sometimes does interviews with skaters but I haven‘t heard anything else of her.

I you want to find the meaning of the word hating, you will find the right person in her. Simply emetic.

malya

On the Ice
To go back to Dasha - I don't see her getting back to Eteri.

It would be a grunge project at best to prove something and she has enough students as it is.
That said idk what coach might be good for her and take Dasha?

(+ I'm not suggesting anything, but I'm weirded out by the interview with rodina...)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
To go back to Dasha - I don't see her getting back to Eteri.

It would be a grunge project at best to prove something and she has enough students as it is.
That said idk what coach might be good for her and take Dasha?

(+ I'm not suggesting anything, but I'm weirded out by the interview with rodina...)

So, on one hand people talk how "evil Eteri would not accept anybody back", and then, when some former skater even suggest that it wouldn't be against her will to return to Chrustalny (in fact she would be glad to return to that "harsh child labor camp"), than it would be "a grunge project".

Which means - whatever you do, you will be always for the bad side :laugh2:

malya

On the Ice
Yes, because that will we the narrative of the public and that's what Daria will be confronted with by people every day. I don't think that's a good atmosphere but whatever they want to do. You go girl!

I really like Davydov's work but I'm always scared one of his students shows up with Buianova :D

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
lovely interview by Dasha!

Who is that blogger? I checked out some of her other videos - she seems like a very strange person. Weirdo. But interview was good, it seems like the interviewer was pressing a lot on Dasha to give more inside information about Eteri thou.

icetug

Medalist
It's quite sad that Daria has been seen mainly through her relation to Eteri and that the interviewer asked more about her past than her present and future. Fortunately, Daria is so sweet and humble that she's evidently not able to say anything ill about anyone :). She could easily be used by the interviewer in her narrative, but instead she used the interview to show her kindness and willingness to work really hard.
I pray Daria finds the way to come back to her great shape from the fall of 2017. She tries pairs, maybe it's her future? And I'm so glad that coaching makes her happy, she can be very attentive and concerned coach.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Considering the competition in Russia and the fact that she was never favoured by judges, I think the only hope would be to try competing for some other country..
I don't even know if Dasha would want to skate for another country. But Russia has literally dozens of skaters in all disciplines who are being pushed to the outer limits by younger skaters with greater technical ability coming along.

DenissVFan

Medalist
It looks like Daria's friend died :( I hope she'll be fine in spite of everything that's been going on.