Daria Panenkova | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova

shark113

On the Ice
Country
Faroes
Dasha got one deduction for the violation of time rules.

In addition, the Russian judges hedge themselves underestimating the marks of all Daria's components. After all, soon JGPF will be, which means that Panenkova's score must not exceed, for example, the score of the future winner of this Final; otherwise many people may have questions for the leadership of the Figure Skating Federation of Russia, who ''contrived" not to send Darya on the steps of the Junior Grand Prix.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Yesterday was Dunya's birthday. She is 14 now. As I said in one thread, her puberty already started, and it's very rare for 13/14 yo girl. But how she handle with her body - it's incredible. So she no doubt will get an advantage because of that. She will have a fully formed body in 15-16. It's very good for the skater.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I was surprised with how young she was, as she does look quite mature for her age(with all due respect). Her sp came to my attention because the Korean skating fans were buzzing about her sp music(from a korean drama). I quite like her skating, and the korean commenters had nice things to say as well-surprised at the choice of music, but it melded into her skating nicely. :) Haven't watched her fs yet, but I think the backloading in the short worked well imo.

shark113

On the Ice
Country
Faroes
I was surprised with how young she was, as she does look quite mature for her age(with all due respect). Her sp came to my attention because the Korean skating fans were buzzing about her sp music(from a korean drama). I quite like her skating, and the korean commenters had nice things to say as well-surprised at the choice of music, but it melded into her skating nicely. :) Haven't watched her fs yet, but I think the backloading in the short worked well imo.

Authors of music are Egyptian group Nostalgia playing in the genre of progressive rock. This group is based in Alexandria. The composition is ''Soft Piano & Violin''. The choice of this music was made by Daria's choreographer Daniil Gleihengauz, who made SP for her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af_7INkNG48

s_parks

Record Breaker
Authors of music are Egyptian group Nostalgia playing in the genre of progressive rock. This group is based in Alexandria. The composition is ''Soft Piano & Violin''. The choice of this music was made by Daria's choreographer Daniil Gleihengauz, who made SP for her.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af_7INkNG48

Oh yes, I know- it's certainly not original to the show. I meant I was surprised to hear the dialogue in the beginning. :laugh:

shark113

On the Ice
Country
Faroes
Oh yes, I know- it's certainly not original to the show. I meant I was surprised to hear the dialogue in the beginning. :laugh:

Daria says about her short program: ''In the short program I show a woman who is waiting for her man out war. "Forgive me, and I will be back, only very wait me!" - I read these words at the beginning of the program. During the program, I often think and I open the letter. At the end of the program I see bomb flying on me, and I understand that my man will not return. And once again I open the sheet with his words and I hug it''.

champs

Final Flight
Oh yes, I know- it's certainly not original to the show.
It's not? I clicked the Youtube link in shark113's post and the uploader indicates the OST from the TV Series named Temptation of Wife as the original. I can't imagine a progressive rock band from Egypt having made a non-progressive melodramatic tearjerker music with very strong East Asian flavor like this.

s_parks

Record Breaker
It's not? I clicked the Youtube link in shark113's post and the uploader indicates the OST from the TV Series named Temptation of Wife as the original. I can't imagine a progressive rock band from Egypt having made a non-progressive melodramatic tearjerker music with very strong East Asian flavor like this.

I know it best from the drama, but i swear i've heard it before(not sure where originally). Maybe I'm confusing it with another dramatic soundtrack, haha.

shark113

On the Ice
Country
Faroes

It is common practice for authors of cheap soap operas from South-East Asia: they steal a decent music of little known rock bands (for example, Nostalgia), then they make primitive pop arrangement, insert silly lyrics and give the ready drivel as their own products.

Last edited:

shark113

On the Ice
Country
Faroes
Daria recently promised to make a surprise in the Russian Junior National Championship in St. Petersburg. Maybe it will 3Lz(r)-1Lo-3F(r) combo, which she has long been nurturing in her plans, could be something else. Look forward to!:luv17:

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight
I am so looking forward this Junior Nationals to finally see Dasha as incredibly strong as she has been this season among other top junior ladies!

The Finn

Record Breaker
She would most likely be the 1st substitute for Junior Worlds if she would have the Minimum TES which she does not have at the moment. Any idea if she planning to skate at an international event in the next 2 weeks or so?