Daria Panenkova | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
Her blond hair is gone. :(

Good luck.to Sasha n her coaching career.. it was frustrating and unfortunate how her skating career concluded. It just has to remind us what a tough and brutal sport figure skating is.

Truly is sad, I eman she was another one of those wonderful skaters who got buried in the depth with a little bit of unluckiness or mistakes here or there. In any other country she would've thrived. She was wonderful to watch, and it's sad to see that the girls that she was competing with two years ago are now on top of the world while she has retired. But it's good to see that none of this, or her experiences with various coaches and hard times through her competitive career didn't damage her love for figure skating.

She seems to be doing well in studies and living a nice life on instagram, still a beautiful girl. getting to the Junior Grand Prix Final is no small feat either

I'm sad that her competitive career didn't fulfill its potential but with all her experience, I'm sure she will be a great coach. Her students must be very lucky and grateful to be thriving under an experienced, caring, and young coach like Daria.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Truly is sad, I eman she was another one of those wonderful skaters who got buried in the depth with a little bit of unluckiness or mistakes here or there. In any other country she would've thrived. She was wonderful to watch, and it's sad to see that the girls that she was competing with two years ago are now on top of the world while she has retired. But it's good to see that none of this, or her experiences with various coaches and hard times through her competitive career didn't damage her love for figure skating.

She seems to be doing well in studies and living a nice life on instagram, still a beautiful girl. getting to the Junior Grand Prix Final is no small feat either

I'm sad that her competitive career didn't fulfill its potential but with all her experience, I'm sure she will be a great coach. Her students must be very lucky and grateful to be thriving under an experienced, caring, and young coach like Daria.

For sure Dasha has great knowledge even at a young age that she can help young girls and boys with. Especially when it comes to dealing with pressures and school and friends and technique. In Russia it really is an incredible Jungle of competition some survived some don't for various reasons. I have no doubt the sport took a great toll of mental and physical pain on Daria, let's hope studies and coaching fills the void for her. But it's just two years ago she was an up-and-coming star. Figure skating is a beautiful sport but also a brutally tough sport in so many ways.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
It has been coming for a while, though Daria has officially announced her retirement from figure skating. She has an instagram page dedicated to coaching young kids. Good to see that she is at peace with the end of her competitive career, and that she will have great success in the future.

Some say that Daria was the first to fall out of the light of the five big juniors in 2017. I argue that while that is true, getting to the junior grand prix final, skating on the senior grand prix, and winning numerous domestic competitions through the years. I do wish so dearly that her career could have ended differently than being afraid to jump, puberty struggles, and finishing last a nationals, though alas it was a dark moment in a career of brilliance.

Daria has something special. It is common that curvy girls are told that they have no place in the sport. While it is physics and I myself as a tall and curvy gymnast understand myself, Daria overcame. She showed her talent and made it to a high level despite what many coaches and skaters consider to be a disability. But her body is beautiful, she is beautiful, her skating was beautiful.

I hope that she is at peace with her competitive career - the song she chose for her retirement video was quite sad. It was singing "all I know" while showing her skating. Symbolizing that skating was all that she ever knew, she never imagined her life without it. And then "loving game" meaning that she had and still has a great love for this beautiful sport. But after this, it ends on the lyric "losing game" meaning that in the end she lost.

Maybe that's just me and my overanalytics.

Wishing Daria the best in her future, and thank you for sharing your beauty with the figure skating world. :)