Daria Panenkova | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Daria Panenkova

breadstal

Record Breaker
First time seeing her and wow she has incredible quality of her jumps. I'm not really fan of tanos/ rippons but she make them work, I don't like her programs though and it seems that judges also are not much into her.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
First time seeing her and wow she has incredible quality of her jumps. I'm not really fan of tanos/ rippons but she make them work, I don't like her programs though and it seems that judges also are not much into her.

5th place is fine, Alina Zagitova was 9th last season, pretty sure she will have a chance on the next GP season. (hopefully not JGP Japan)

breadstal

Record Breaker
5th place is fine, Alina Zagitova was 9th last season, pretty sure she will have a chance on the next GP season. (hopefully not JGP Japan)

For sure 5th is good in Russian Jr Champs but some of GOEs were kinda hmmm for me. Since all medal girls will go senior next season for sure, we can expect her on JGP. I hope for better programs though.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
For earlier puberty Dunya's jumps are very good. In the next two seasons she could be better and better.

The Finn

Record Breaker
By the way, her international debut was totally expected because at the moment she doesn't have the minimum TES for the Junior Worlds. She will be the 1st substitute for Junior Worlds and she needs to have those minimum TES scores before the deadline.

The Finn

Record Breaker
She'll not be at the Bavarian Open 2017. February, 10 Dasha will fly to Bulgaria at Sofia Trophy 2017. This is the latest information from Daria personally.

Don't know anything about that but her name is on the entry list and it wasn't there until today. She is not on the entry list of Sofia Trophy at the moment but naturally it is possible that she was entered for both events. Maybe Eteri has decided that Daria will to go Sofia Trophy instead of Bavarian Open.

shark113

On the Ice
Country
Faroes
Don't know anything about that but her name is on the entry list and it wasn't there until today. She is not on the entry list of Sofia Trophy at the moment but naturally it is possible that she was entered for both events. Maybe Eteri has decided that Daria will to go Sofia Trophy instead of Bavarian Open.

Yes it is. Her coaches decided that Daria will compete in Bulgaria. Dasha wrote about this in her ASK.fm

Last edited:

shark113

On the Ice
Country
Faroes
For earlier puberty Dunya's jumps are very good. In the next two seasons she could be better and better.

Why do you constantly name her Dunya? Dunya is a derivative form of the name Evdokia. Dasha is a derivative form of the name Daria.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
It is official now - she will skate at the Sofia Trophy and not at the Bavarian Open. Her name is now on the entry list of Sofia Trophy and her name is no longer at the entry list of Bavarian Open.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Dasha scored 69.33 in her SP at the Sofia Trophy!! Her TES was 40.99. Great job Dasha. I haven't seen any video yet.

shark113

On the Ice
Country
Faroes
Dasha scored 69.33 in her SP at the Sofia Trophy!! Her TES was 40.99. Great job Dasha. I haven't seen any video yet.

Finally, I see the real Panenkova's TES points! The first time I see it in this season! And imagine how everything would have been different, getting Daria two Grand Prix stages - in fact she was better in both programs on Novogorsk tests than all other eleven Russian junior girls... Only blind Russian judges didn't see it during all season...
I wish Panik will skate confidently tomorrow and she'll brilliantly win!

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Finally, I see the real Panenkova's TES points! The first time I see it in this season! And imagine how everything would have been different, getting Daria two Grand Prix stages - in fact she was better in both programs on Novogorsk tests than all other eleven Russian junior girls...

We all knew that it is rather difficult to make it to the JGP team if you didn't do well at the previous Junior Nationals and Dasha didn't make it to the Junior Nationals last season. Traditionally Russian Fed has given most JGP spots based on skaters placement at the Junior Championships assuming those skaters haven't lost their jumps. But yeah, she probably should have been given a spot(s).

By the way, who has told you that Dasha did better than Nastia Gubanova? Haven't seen any videos from test skates but people said at the time that Nastia was amazing which is why she got 2 JGP spots even though her last season wasn't great and she didn't do very well at the Junior Nationals.

I wish Panik will skate confidently tomorrow and she'll brilliantly win!
Panik? Doesn't sound like a nickname I would use. Is that your own creation?

shark113

On the Ice
Country
Faroes
We all knew that it is rather difficult to make it to the JGP team if you didn't do well at the previous Junior Nationals and Dasha didn't make it to the Junior Nationals last season. Traditionally Russian Fed has given most JGP spots based on skaters placement at the Junior Championships assuming those skaters haven't lost their jumps. But yeah, she probably should have been given a spot(s).

By the way, who has told you that Dasha did better than Nastia Gubanova? Haven't seen any videos from test skates but people said at the time that Nastia was amazing which is why she got 2 JGP spots even though her last season wasn't great and she didn't do very well at the Junior Nationals.

Every year, there are control skating tests for juniors skaters in Novogorsk. 12 best junior girls, who did big results during all last season, were invited there in August, 2016. Eight of them were entitled to paticipate in one or two JGP stages. Daria Panenkova, Anna Tarusina and Anastasia Gubanova were the best among all 12 girls on these tests. Daria and Anna did absolutely clean performances (SP & FS). Anastasia had a minor blot on her 3Lz-3Lo in FS. Consequently, all three girls were supposed to get two Grand Prix stages. However, the Russian Fed did not give Daria any stage.

Last edited: