Russian national teams 2016-2017 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Russian national teams 2016-2017

hanca

Record Breaker
Fedorova is on icepartnersearch. It seems that Miroshkin's injury must have been worse than expected if they split up now, after she has been waiting for a year for his recovery.

hanca

Record Breaker
I am curious how many Russian junior ladies will be allowed to move into seniors next season. Tsurskaya is very likely going to move up, but will Zagitova, Lozko and Konstantinova be allowed to move up? (And will they want to?) A year ago they allowed it only to Medvedeva and made Sotskova and Sakhanovich stay junior for another season.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
I am curious how many Russian junior ladies will be allowed to move into seniors next season. Tsurskaya is very likely going to move up, but will Zagitova, Lozko and Konstantinova be allowed to move up? (And will they want to?) A year ago they allowed it only to Medvedeva and made Sotskova and Sakhanovich stay junior for another season.

I think Tsurskaya and Stasya will move to seniors. I highly doubt Russian Fed has anything against Stasya moving to seniors. Not really sure about Zagitova. I am toward thinking that she will stay in juniors but if Eteri thinks she is ready for seniors then seniors it is. Lozko should stay in juniors one more season. Alisa F could move to seniors and I think she should and I highly doubt that Russian Fed would have anything against it. Next season there are so many supertalented girls coming eligible that some of the senior eligible girls really should move to seniors or there is a big chance that they will not get JGP events if they stay in juniors.

It is also interesting that some of the pairs are doing senior events this season. Ustimkina/Volodin will skate at Tallinn Trophy which will be their international senior debut. Don't know if any junior pairs are really planning to move to seniors but I wouldn't be against Mishina/Mirzoev moving to seniors next season. Especially if they will win gold at JWC. They would have only one junior season left anyway.

Last edited:

kalee

On the Ice
Looking at Alisa F's performance in Tallinn Trophy (beating Nugumanova in the SP with a 68 pts score) -- if she keeps this up & scores 180+ to 190+ here and at Nationals, her chances of turning senior next year could be pretty good.
Konstantinova is skating at Tallinn Trophy as a senior, so doubt that the Fed would have issues with her turning senior as well.
Alisa L has the most doubtful prospects of turning senior among the crop who will be age eligible next year, she has to break 170 pts (ideally high 170's to 180) internationally to put herself into contention.
Am surprised that Panenkova didn't get any junior B assignments -- surely they want to consider her for JGP next year? The girls who were skipped over for JGP last year but improved enough to be international contenders (Konstantinova, Lozko and Samodurova) all got international junior B's last year as a prelude to this year's JGP.

Last edited:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Am surprised that Panenkova didn't get any junior B assignments -- surely they want to consider her for JGP next year? The girls who were skipped over for JGP last year but improved enough to be international contenders (Konstantinova, Lozko and Samodurova) all got international junior B's last year as a prelude to this year's JGP.
I thought the same. But I am very interested. Because like not many girls in Russia, Panenkova's puberty already started in 13yo. (She's still 13yo, her BD 8th december) It's very rarely for girl. But she does well. I would say very well. Russian National Juniors will be very interesting. And future is very bright for her at this point.