2016 Rostelecom Cup accomodation | Golden Skate

2016 Rostelecom Cup accomodation

londongirl

Spectator
I'm going to attend Rostelecom Cup and booked a twin room at the official ISU hotel Aerostar Moscow. Since I'll be travelling alone, I have free space in that room and offer to share with a female someone; that way it's cheaper for both parties. So if anyone's interested, PM me :)

londongirl

Spectator
Hey LadyB :)

tried to PM you until I remembered I cannot write PMs under the 10-post-count lol. You guessed right btw; that's me from twitter, so feel free to DM me there for details, ok? Easier that way I guess :)

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Do you know if the event is going to go on as planned?
I can't find any news about this since July - did ISU get this resolved with IOC/WADA? Or not?

Last edited:

Alexz

Medalist
Country
United-States
Dear fellow travelers,

I suggest to all of you guys who enjoying your first trip to Moscow to install their local apps (available for iPhone and androids). Just search appstore for "yandex" - its like their Google. There are plenty of apps which are pretty helpful and even esential, especially Cyrillic alphabet is yet a challenge for you. I suggest: Yandex.Maps, Yandex.Taxi, Yandex.Navigator, Yandex.Translate. Moscow transportation system is usually great, most of bus stops in the center have WiFi and via apps you literally can see how far is the bus you need, how long you need to wait more and see it on the map driving towards your bus stop. Try Yandex.Transport for it. Their subway system is safe, clean, very effective and extremely cheap to move around the city. Try Yandex.Metro app for it. All their subway stations and even moving trains have free wifi. You will need to pass through some kind of free easy authorisation first, but then it's just automatic. If you have some free time and need to get to some sort of theater, museum, restaurant or art gallery, my advice dont take the taxi - ride the metro, it's like the whole new world there, especially that circular line in the center, and see some of that old subway - architecture of underground stations will make you to drop the jaw. Avoid rush hours tho, because it's a hostile giant ant city 4 to 6pm, don't stop in the middle of the pedestrian route or walking path - they will sure as hell step on you, nothing personal. :) You either move with others in walking traffic or you need to step aside even if you just want to look around or check your map/cell. :)