Cheng Peng & Yang Jin | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Cheng Peng & Yang Jin

tulosai

Record Breaker
These two are so much fun to watch skate together! Their SP is a fantastic vehicle for them, she in particular really lights up during it in a way I haven't seen before. Beautifully done! :love:

melmel

On the Ice
It was really nice to watch them dong so well today. And even nicer to see Peng so happy and so confident on the ice. As sad as I was by the split, I knew Jin and Peng had the potential to work very well together. Seeing her hopping so happily really warmed my heart.

icekiwi

On the Ice
That was absolutely marvelous today! I would have put them second behind Yu/Zhang, the British Euro guys think so too. I/M did have a glaring mistake, should have been sitting 3rd.

Peng was a completely different person today - one that I don't even recognise! In fact, I think she has turned into a beautiful, confident woman and a damn good pairs lady skater!! I love the new sassy Black glittery costume and the 'nail polish'!! The make up and nail polish gave Peng certain maturity and transformed her into a woman and hence, not a 'little' girl anymore. I also love her fully extended arms and poise in all her movements and Oh! her face, she was shinning throughout the entire routine - just glorious!!

That SP is my favorite SP of the season - funny, loads of choreography and Peng/Jin presented it with such charm and charisma! The elements were nailed with ease and accuracy, hopefully they'll score better at NHK for the same SP next week!!

All the best for the LP and kick butt!!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats on SILVER!!!! :hap10:

Looking at the field in NHK, a silver is doable which would mean a trip to the GPF :yahoo: A bronze would get them in too :peace:

tulosai

Record Breaker
Wonderful to see these two shining :cheer: I'll be rooting for them to make the GPF!

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Congratulation on the success of their international debut. They show chemistry and personalities for such a new partnership and really shine. Well, it probably helped that they had been friends and team mates before pairing up.

Next stop, NHK! Then GPF!

icekiwi

On the Ice
Well, what I can say? Wow, just wow! I had chills watching this LP. This piece of music suits them so so well.

What transformation on the part of Peng! Love love love her poise, grace and elegance on the ice. Her extended arms, hands, down to her fingertips! She is showing such class, confidence and elegance in all of her movements. She is a contender now, in the class of Sui, Yu, Ksenia S & Tatiana V. The landings on those throws, the running edge out of them, all should have +3 GOEs.

Also love the packaging on both of them. The costumes so fitting. Jin looking very handsome in white. Love the hair decoration on Peng, make up and nail polish!! That aqua green dress with white lacy flowers exudes romance. The chemistry between them just gives me chills down my back. Wow!!

Yes, I am rooting for them at least a Silver next week, and then GPF!!

solani

Record Breaker
Country
Austria
Also love the packaging on both of them. The costumes so fitting. Jin looking very handsome in white. Love the hair decoration on Peng, make up and nail polish!! That aqua green dress with white lacy flowers exudes romance. The chemistry between them just gives me chills down my back. Wow!!

Yes, I am rooting for them at least a Silver next week, and then GPF!!
I agree, I think the Chinese Fed does a fine job packaging their top pairs in the last couple of seasons. And I think Peng dyed her hair lighter, that also suits her well. I also liked her hairstyle and the hair deco in the FS. She looks more mature immediatly next to Jin.
It's great to see that both are now able to experiment with different styles, they seem to enjoy that a lot.
They are a team for the future, I hope that the two Chinese teams that are going to be send to Worlds are going to gain those three spots for next season, it would be a pity if they wouldn't be able to do that.

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
I am so in love with them already, he has astounding musicality and great male pair skater qualities that I rarely see nowadays (Jian Tong , Grinkov comes to my mind immediately ) They obviously have good chemistry and Peng is blooming by his side( another prove what a great man can do with woman :laugh: ) looking at her I am getting absolutely different vibes , she is playful , sassy , confident, more motivated. They are already showing versatility with 2 different programs and he is such a great partner and supporter, I noticed it many times by his body language before and after programs... Can't wait to see their improvement and how far they will go, I'm gonna bet a lot on them ... :luv17:

Last edited:

icekiwi

On the Ice
Could someone here explain how the number of spots are calculated for each country sending pairs for upcoming worlds?

I used to think if a skater comes 1,2,3 at worlds, their country get to send 3?

Thank you in advance!!

Of course, I am thinking about Peng/Jin's chances.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Could someone here explain how the number of spots are calculated for each country sending pairs for upcoming worlds?

I used to think if a skater comes 1,2,3 at worlds, their country get to send 3?

Thank you in advance!!

Of course, I am thinking about Peng/Jin's chances.

Basically if you have 2 or 3 skaters, the placements of the top 2 skaters must add up to less than 13 to get (or retail three spots).

China has two spots this year. It might be iffy for Peng/Jin if Sui/Han comeback. But if not, I think Peng/Jin and Yu/Zhang have a good shot regardless at getting the third spot back.

icekiwi

On the Ice
Leading after SP!!! Yeah! !

This SP just gets better and better. Thought Peng and Jin were both a lot faster through the elements today. I am loving this SP more and more. My favorite SP of the season without a doubt! !

If they win here, I won't be able to sleep. Judges please. ....judge fairly. Thank you! !

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
omg didnt watch live b/c I was 100 % sure DR dont have any rivals!

what a great surprise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hap93::hap93:

Last edited:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Peng/Jin winning the SP was the sweetest thing to happen at NHK 2016 so far for me :cheer: Not just because they rose above everyone's expectations, but also because everyone (including the chinese fed tbh) considered them second in priority to yu/zhang, but now, their PB is actually higher than Y/Z! Nothing against Y/Z of course, but it's always great to see the underdogs perform spectacularly well. I wish nothing but success!

babyskate

On the Ice
I don't follow pairs so regularly but this pair caught my eye and all I can say is WOW!!! Just love them. So much fun, so musical and I love the way they relate to each other. A breath of fresh air and I wish them luck in the free skate. I see them as the future of pairs skating.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Their SP performance is the best of the day for me across all disciplines except dance scheduled on next day.

Well done. :agree:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Peng/Jin are skating last in the Pairs FS today! I wish them all the luck :cheer: