Cheng Peng & Yang Jin | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Cheng Peng & Yang Jin

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
^^^I got inspired to watch their wonderful Assassin's Tango again as soon as I saw your wonderful photos! :thank:

blackey

On the Ice
Is this only me now got ridiculous about Cheng's consistancy? People blamed Zhang hao a lot when they had a partnership, but how about now? Is this still hao's fault? To face the reality, I dont think that this team will have success as athletes as long as Peng's consistancy is bad. They s

lol there is rumor they gonna separate after this season..

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
So so happy to see this SP again... got to be one of my top favorite pairs routines..... so much fun!!
Good Luck in the free!!! And her haircut is terrific!!

blackey

On the Ice
Wait why? What happened now? Who's the potential partner for Yang? And Cheng?

There is some crazy stories going on on the Chinese forum now, I haven't seen anything solid so it might never come true. However, all three pairs didn't do well at the olympics, there will surely be some big movement from the Chinese fed. They probably wanna get another single lady for Yang, since Cheng is the inconsistent one in the team.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
Yea I also heard about that. I heard that they had a big conflict during worlds, and Yang doesn’t want to continue their partnership.

The rumor is so crazy that it's starting to backtrack to saying he was never a good partner and that he was also the one who was tired of skating with XiaoYu because of her height and wanted the partner switch in the first place... Which of course directly contradicts all those rumors from back then. Just another good reason to take "rumors" from the Chinese fan forums with a gigantic grain of salt. I seriously doubt anything is as dramatic as the rumors suggest.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
The rumor is so crazy that it's starting to backtrack to saying he was never a good partner and that he was also the one who was tired of skating with XiaoYu because of her height and wanted the partner switch in the first place... Which of course directly contradicts all those rumors from back then. Just another good reason to take "rumors" from the Chinese fan forums with a gigantic grain of salt. I seriously doubt anything is as dramatic as the rumors suggest.
Well then that just makes no sense at all. It’s totally different from the stories from two years ago. Cheng is 160cm and Xiaoyu is 162 cm. There’s not a big difference between them, and what about those videos of YJ after the split?
If that’s true, it only makes that Hao zhang, who the Chinese EXTREMELY hates, is just innocent, and just make the story false that Yang supported all those anti-split fans.
The fact is that Cheng has been totally inconsistent this whole two seasons. Totally ridiculous.

Andrea82

Medalist
From ISU Quick Quotes after FS in Milan

Jin: Today's performance was not perfect, there were a few mistakes but overall it was not bad. We've got a good second score and it reflected our daily trainings, what we were working on all these years, how to understand the music and interpret it better. Our choreographer Lori Nichol helped us with our program, she often flew to China to polish the program and after every competition where we were not good she also gave us advice how to improve. So I think that today the second mark really was recognized by the judges and we should say thank you to Lori Nichol.

Peng: For the next season if we continue to skate we need to understand each other more, to be tolerant to each other and to learn how to work better and to work on communication. But besides the components we should improve technically

Indeed, the use of "if" by Peng when talking about next season makes the future look a bit uncertain.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
From ISU Quick Quotes after FS in Milan

Jin: Today's performance was not perfect, there were a few mistakes but overall it was not bad. We've got a good second score and it reflected our daily trainings, what we were working on all these years, how to understand the music and interpret it better. Our choreographer Lori Nichol helped us with our program, she often flew to China to polish the program and after every competition where we were not good she also gave us advice how to improve. So I think that today the second mark really was recognized by the judges and we should say thank you to Lori Nichol.

Peng: For the next season if we continue to skate we need to understand each other more, to be tolerant to each other and to learn how to work better and to work on communication. But besides the components we should improve technically

Indeed, the use of "if" by Peng when talking about next season makes it look a bit uncertain.
The ‘if’ was indeed suspicious.

saturdaysun

On the Ice
Well then that just makes no sense at all. It’s totally different from the stories from two years ago. Cheng is 160cm and Xiaoyu is 162 cm. There’s not a big difference between them, and what about those videos of YJ after the split?
If that’s true, it only makes that Hao zhang, who the Chinese EXTREMELY hates, is just innocent, and just make the story false that Yang supported all those anti-split fans.
The fact is that Cheng has been totally inconsistent this whole two seasons. Totally ridiculous.

I wouldn't say every Chinese fan "EXTREMELY hates" Hao Zhang. It was just that he was made out to be the villain during the last round of rumors -- which not everyone believes anyway. As I recall there was never anything specific about anything that he did, fans just assumed it must be his fault. Also as I recall, rumors were that Jin accepted the partner change right away as well. The only one who made any kind of public statement against the change was Yu. The new rumors about Jin being kind of a mean partner doesn't make anyone innocent or guilty, it's just more rumors that contradict each other and will never be proven one way or another. The fact is I doubt any of the athletes themselves have much power to switch things up. The only way change happens is if the fed is not satisfied with their performances.

Peng: For the next season if we continue to skate we need to understand each other more, to be tolerant to each other and to learn how to work better and to work on communication. But besides the components we should improve technically/

That is indeed kind of a candid and telling "if." The main rumor is that she's being forced to retire. So we'll know if that part is true soon enough. As for whose fault it is... :rolleye:

saphire

On the Ice
I did see photos of Peng at the training camp recently. So many contradictory rumors, don't know what to believe. I guess we won't know anything until they make official statement maybe in the next couple months.