Cheng Peng & Yang Jin | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Cheng Peng & Yang Jin

icekiwi

On the Ice
Congratulations to Peng & Jin on their Silver at NHK last weekend!!

Well done and totally deserved!! Felt their program has the most connection as a couple compared to the other pairs. Hence, still feel they should have an extra 1+ point on choreography & interpretation. Also, I feel perhaps a 2+ GOEs on their throws. Peng's length & height on those throws were a huge improvement from last year. Such an 'air of confidence' in Peng when she went into the air in those throws. Hopefully, now that they are delivering 'clean' programs', the judges will take them a lot more seriously and award them better PC marks in future.

For now, we will take the Silver and onto the GPF. So proud of Peng & Jin. Who think Peng's 'violetred' dress with the diamante trimmings for the FS is absolutely gorgeious :love:

slowparade

Rinkside
Congratulations again to Peng/Jin for making it to GPF! :cheer:

I love their programs this season; the SP especially is super charming and lighthearted. It kinda reminds me of their 'My Drag' SP, which is the style they excel at the most. However, I do wish they get different SP costumes—black doesn't seem to mesh well with the program, in my opinion. Peng's FS dress is super gorgeous though! I'm just hoping they nail their SBS 3S tonight and go clean in both programs. Good luck to them!

bobbob

Medalist
They are leading the short program, deservedly so! I hope they can keep it up in the long.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Excellent skate from Peng and Jin! This program is so perfect for them I love it! :luv17: They're my favourite of the Chinese pairs so I'm so happy that they're going so well.

Good luck to them in the Free - which I don't think I can watch since I'll be at work then (dang)

slowparade

Rinkside
P/J are leading after the SP! :yahoo:

They project so well in this program, and Peng blowing a kiss to the judges after nailing that throw 3Lo? Absolutely love it! So glad Lori added that small detail in! There will be pressure skating last in the FS, but I'm hoping they can pull off a clean skate despite that.

pandatours

On the Ice
I still am bitter about what the CSA did and I will NEVER admit that they were right but I can’t deny that I love this pairing. Cheng Peng has really blossomed with this partnership. Most noticeably her confidence has been building and their SP is great in showing it. Yang Jin is as strong as ever, and they are really gelling together as a pair. Their PCS should have been higher but I hope this is a turning point.

I love her hip shakes in the beginning but I would love to see her add a little bit of shimmy, just some natural movement. There is room for improvement for sure but I am happy with their success this season.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've loved this pair for years, and it's so good to see them blossom and come together.

kevinChicago posted a link of SP practice when Cheng fell on the sbs jump. Yang skated to her, took her hand and they just skated around for a good while. I thought it was so perfect, so perceptive of him. I interpret it as he knew that her confidence needed building more than anything else. He is just wonderful. She does sparkle, and also I love the twinkle in his eye and just the way he looks at her. If romance is a flirty illusion, that's fine. But love and caring are there.

P44

On the Ice
I love this pair, both programs are great, there is such good chemistry between them. I can't wait to see their free program.
Anyway they deserve this first place at the end of the short program and I hope they will continue to shine this season.

s_parks

Record Breaker
CONGRATS! Great performance, and their pcs went up. Hopefully they can contend for a world medal as well.

icybear

Medalist
Congrats Peng/Jin for winning the sliver at the GPF! Well they definitely proved the fed made the right decision in splitting/ teaming up the 2 pairs and stop some fans constantly whining about it.. Hopefully they can become world contenders.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
Congrats Peng/Jin for winning the sliver at the GPF! Well they definitely proved the fed made the right decision in splitting/ teaming up the 2 pairs and stop some fans constantly whining about it.. Hopefully they can become world contenders.

I was going to write something similar. They are just adorable and funny. And she finally looks relaxed while taking the ice and not like a prisoner walking to the guillotine.

gossipcow

Rinkside
CBC commentary for their GPF LP is at the beginning (the password is pairs): https://vimeo.com/299708875 Their SP wasn't broadcast on Canadian television.

Thank you so much for this (and all the other videos you've added the last few days)! Really appreciate being able to watch this in good quality.

I had to chuckle at Kurt and the female announcer (Carol Lane?) comments about how Cheng Peng and Yang Jin are like an arranged marriage. So far, it's been working out!

SleepyShawn

Spectator
Vimeo has deleted all of my videos :( , so send me a PM if you'd like a temporary download link for the GPF Gala.

Siberia :D wondering if you are going to record any CBC feed for 4CC? Seems like NBC or NBCSN won’t air any pair competitions :( :(

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Siberia :D wondering if you are going to record any CBC feed for 4CC? Seems like NBC or NBCSN won’t air any pair competitions :( :(

I don't know why CBC television is forcing fs fans to wait so long, but it won't air 4CC until Feb. 23. :disapp:

SleepyShawn

Spectator
I don't know why CBC television is forcing fs fans to wait so long, but it won't air 4CC until Feb. 23. :disapp:

Gotcha :) yeah that’s a bummer. Hopefully there’ll be working stream links or YT uploads from someone by the time it comes lol

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
For those of you who don't have access to the competition thread, PM me if you'd like a temporary download link for CBC television's belated coverage of 4CC from this past Saturday, which includes their LP.

Mohacz

Medalist
Country
Poland
They will compete at U.S. International FS Classic:

http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109507.htm

Some of their rivals there (the field is quite impressive and I can't wait to see al those pairs competing):
Evgenia TARASOVA / Vladimir MOROZOV
Ashley CAIN-GRIBBLE / Timothy LEDUC
Tarah KAYNE / Danny O'SHEA
Jessica CALALANG / Brian JOHNSON
Camille RUEST / Andrew WOLFE

icekiwi

On the Ice
Wow...........Looks like it really has been awhile since anyone posted something for Peng & Jin. Of course, congratulations to Peng & Jin for winning the Silver behind Sui & Han at the GPF 2019.

I have been quietly rooting for this pair ever since they got together. And if Lori Nicholl continues to create these soft romantic programs for them, I think I am going to die shipping them. This year, their FS to 'Cloud Atlas' really is a masterpiece - so romantic, so emotional! Well done, Lori!

Just found their 2019-2020 Ex Program created by Lori Nicholl and it gives me the romantic chills. Cheng Peng has developed into a beautiful gorgeous young female star on ice in her own right. And Jin is as good too, handsome, gentle and soft towards his partner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQLv4JCFzBY

Tell me what you think.