Stephen Gogolev | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Stephen Gogolev

icetug

Medalist
If he wins the jgpf and the world junior title will he be the youngest to do so?

I think so. The JGPF winners were mostly 17-18 y.o. Yuzuru was the youngest till now, he was still 14 (turned 15 in one or two days) when he won his first GPF. Takahiko Kozuka, Boyang Jin and Nathan Chen were 16, the rest of the JGPF winners were older.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Y'all think he can win the jgpf and worlds? whos his competition?

He can definitely win given he stays injury-free and proves consistent in competiton. I'd say the leading rivals will be Danielian, the other Russians, and possibly Torgashev, who has been having a real struggle with jumps but has high PCS(probably the highest in the junior field now given he doesn't bomb) and has since switched to Krall.
It's hard to tell since there's no one that clearly stands out in scoring since the likes of Aliev, Cha, Zhou, etc went senior. It's been a relatively "weak" field in jr men's since last season, so I think Brian and co. know deep inside that Stephen does have a realistic shot at taking gold season, even if it's far from a foregone conclusion.
I'll be looking forward to Stephen's junior debut, finally! :)

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Thanks for the article icetug! I personally think Stephen like mao and elena. r should do the senior grand prix circuit once he's 14

Haleth

On the Ice
Conrad briefly filmed Stephen while they were out on an upper-level balcony of the TCC, close by one of the off-ice training rooms iirc (according to pictures and videos taken earlier this year by Conrad). It's on an Instastory for the next hours: https://www.instagram.com/stories/conradorzel/

A quiet moment not long before they both embark on the JGP series in the next few weeks.