2016 Volvo Open Cup | Golden Skate

2016 Volvo Open Cup

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Team Australia and Team Korea quite well represented. :) There are so many entries, I wonder how schedule will look like.

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Wow, what a lot of entries. It looks like some countries are using this as a pre-nationals or something.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
58 entries in junior ladies competition.

:shocked: The poor judges. And the poor tech panel. Can we have a mandatory rest break? Ouch. That's like ten warmups. Oh my god, how long is the free skate going to be?!

karne badmath time: let's allow each lady 6 minutes (skate + score). Then also ten 6-minute warmups. 348 minutes in skates and scores + 60 minutes in warmups = 408 minutes = 6.8 hours. Nearly seven hours for the free skate!

Wow, what a lot of entries. It looks like some countries are using this as a pre-nationals or something.

Possibly, there's also skaters like Paris and Matthew who are looking for an extra three tenths of a point to get them over TES benchmarks...

Does anyone know if there will be a live stream?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
:shocked: The poor judges. And the poor tech panel. Can we have a mandatory rest break? Ouch. That's like ten warmups. Oh my god, how long is the free skate going to be?!

karne badmath time: let's allow each lady 6 minutes (skate + score). Then also ten 6-minute warmups. 348 minutes in skates and scores + 60 minutes in warmups = 408 minutes = 6.8 hours. Nearly seven hours for the free skate!

There's 52 now, so one warm up group less. And I'm pretty sure there will be less who will in fact compete, though it's still a lot. Fo Advanced Novice girls there is 42 entries too, so yeah, I feel for judges...

Here's the website of the competition: http://www.kristalice.lv/index.php/competitions
There will also be youngsters compettions held: http://www.kristalice.lv/Results/Volvo31st/NONISU/

There is link to livestream too: http://tv.istream.ee/

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Is it just me or does the schedule get cut off after the Sr Ladies short program?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I see Evgeni Krasnopolski is skating in pairs with a new partner, and his last partner, Adel Tankova, is entered in ice dance with someone else.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Is it just me or does the schedule get cut off after the Sr Ladies short program?

It's not just you. I noticed they made two groups of junior ladies! That's smart.

cali1079

Rinkside
does anyone know how the livestream works. I clicked the link but it still says it's offline. We should have started already. Do you have to pay for it or something?

The Finn

Record Breaker
does anyone know how the livestream works. I clicked the link but it still says it's offline. We should have started already. Do you have to pay for it or something?

It has worked fine for me.

Junior pairs will start shortly.

cali1079

Rinkside
never mind. It's working now. Also, I seemed to get better reception from Ustream than the first page the link takes you to.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
Congrats to my angel Nastya with another win :love:
But about seniors: What happened with Alexandrina Degtyareva? She lead (!) after SP, ahead Kuchvalska.
And now she disappeared somewhere :confused: