Olivia Smart & Adrian Diaz | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Olivia Smart & Adrian Diaz

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looks like we have our first confirmed RD for next year — Grease for Smart/Diaz, per Olivia’s Instagram.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
Speculating about junior RD music on GS a while ago I said I HOPED someone would choose this music... Smart & Diaz are wonderful!! :love: :love:

Bcash

Final Flight
They continue to have one of the best "looks" among all ice dance couples. Just hope their programs catch on with the judges this season!

Olibritt

On the Ice
Country
Spain
Here are the videos of Nebelhorn Trophy.
3er position after the RD, but a few mistakes in the FD sent them to 5th overall (187,55).

RD Grease 75,80 (Synch problems in the stream)
FD Circus 111,75

Next stop? :scratch2:I think Skate America

Blossom on Ice

Rinkside
Hi everyone,

I just got back from Oberstdorf where I did quite a few interviews (in fact, 22:)). Here’s an extract from my interview with Olivia and Adrian. Hopefully it’ll be of interest to some:)

- If I’m not mistaken, this is already your third competition…

Olivia:

Fourth (smiles)

- …even fourth, and it’s just the beginning of the season. Skate America is coming up soon. It’s a pretty tight schedule. Is it more effective for you to compete a lot?

Olivia:

Yes. Repetitions, competing, getting out in front of a crowd under pressure, it helps a lot. By the end of the season or even the Grand Prix circuit, we are more comfortable with the programs.

Last season, we started at Autumn Classic, so we did less, and we didn’t feel like it sat under our skin as well. So we wanted to go back to how we handled that first season together, doing more before the Grand Prix circuits.

- When you have competitions back to back, what do you do to make sure that you have enough strength to go into the next competition?

Olivia:
Our coaches give us a lot of decent amounts of rest after every competition, that’s one, two, three days. And, on the ice, training isn’t so hard. We do both programs every day, but we don’t kill ourselves. We really pace it.

Adrian:

When we don’t compete, normally we have five workouts a week. Before the competition or between two competitions, we do less “off the ice” activities (cardio, weights, and so on) and more skating.
We keep it simple, but effective.

- With so many strong couples in your group, how difficult is it for you to share the coaches’ attention? Do you feel competitive when you train?

Olivia:
We’re used to it now. In the beginning, it was different having so many teams, but now it’s quite motivating. It’s nice having your friends and teammates around. It doesn’t feel too competitive. We all hold each other.

Adrian:
We also have different schedules, so sometimes we don’t see a team for three or four days. We can be skating in the afternoon, then in the morning, so it’s not like we see everybody every day.

Our coaches do a very good job sharing all this. We have ice from 7:30 in the morning until five. There is plenty of ice, plenty of coaches.

IceDancingQueen

Final Flight
Hi everyone,

I just got back from Oberstdorf where I did quite a few interviews (in fact, 22:)). Here’s an extract from my interview with Olivia and Adrian. Hopefully it’ll be of interest to some:)

- If I’m not mistaken, this is already your third competition…

Olivia:

Fourth (smiles)

- …even fourth, and it’s just the beginning of the season. Skate America is coming up soon. It’s a pretty tight schedule. Is it more effective for you to compete a lot?

Olivia:

Yes. Repetitions, competing, getting out in front of a crowd under pressure, it helps a lot. By the end of the season or even the Grand Prix circuit, we are more comfortable with the programs.

Last season, we started at Autumn Classic, so we did less, and we didn’t feel like it sat under our skin as well. So we wanted to go back to how we handled that first season together, doing more before the Grand Prix circuits.

- When you have competitions back to back, what do you do to make sure that you have enough strength to go into the next competition?

Olivia:
Our coaches give us a lot of decent amounts of rest after every competition, that’s one, two, three days. And, on the ice, training isn’t so hard. We do both programs every day, but we don’t kill ourselves. We really pace it.

Adrian:

When we don’t compete, normally we have five workouts a week. Before the competition or between two competitions, we do less “off the ice” activities (cardio, weights, and so on) and more skating.
We keep it simple, but effective.

- With so many strong couples in your group, how difficult is it for you to share the coaches’ attention? Do you feel competitive when you train?

Olivia:
We’re used to it now. In the beginning, it was different having so many teams, but now it’s quite motivating. It’s nice having your friends and teammates around. It doesn’t feel too competitive. We all hold each other.

Adrian:
We also have different schedules, so sometimes we don’t see a team for three or four days. We can be skating in the afternoon, then in the morning, so it’s not like we see everybody every day.

Our coaches do a very good job sharing all this. We have ice from 7:30 in the morning until five. There is plenty of ice, plenty of coaches.

Thank you! Really interesting to hear how they train between competitions and at Gadbois :)

LaArdilla

Medalist
I really loved them at IdF. After the competition they literally bumped into me while I was standing in a long queue to the toilet and I managed to shout "Well done!" They were really happy!