2016 JGP Czech Skate Entries | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Entries

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Pairs! Duskova/Bidar & Atakhanova/Spiridonov! :yahoo: It's going to be so exciting :hap10:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Pairs! Duskova/Bidar & Atakhanova/Spiridonov! :yahoo: It's going to be so exciting :hap10:

And Yuna Aoki, Stanislava Konstantinova and Alisa Lozko in ladies!

Aside from M/C and Aliev, men's and dance here are kinda meh. Who even knows who'll take the other medals...Pavlov and Krasnozhon, maybe? Lewis/Bye and one of the Russian teams (neither of whom I've ever heard of)?

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
And Yuna Aoki, Stanislava Konstantinova and Alisa Lozko in ladies!

Aside from M/C and Aliev, men's and dance here are kinda meh. Who even knows who'll take the other medals...Pavlov and Krasnozhon, maybe? Lewis/Bye and one of the Russian teams (neither of whom I've ever heard of)?

Yeah, Ladies will be exciting too! Rika Kihira might be suprise and there is also Diana Nikitina. Happy that we will see Stanislava so early! I hoped there will be Vivian Le in some early JGP, but I see not.
In Ice Dance there will be probably two USA teams on podium. In Men apart from Dmitri Aliev I will keep an eye on Roman Savosin, Ivan Pavlov, Alexei Krasnozhon & Tangxu Li (he did good last year in JGP Austria). And maybe Mitsuki Sumoto, in his age there could be a massive progress.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
The new blood should be interesting, but I can't believe we're headed into a new ladies JGP season with neither Zhenya nor Sima. They grow up so fast! :sad4:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
My thoughts:

Did Aliev get a GP or am I mixing him up with someone else? I thought he was going senior. :scratch: (Or he's going the Samohin route from last season? He's probably the favorite to win here.)

Did Morgan Flood compete for America or am I mixing her up with someone else? :scratch:

Ladies' looks awesome. (Aoki, Kihara, Lozko, Konstantinova, Nikitina...)

And go M/C. :cheer: (And I have no idea who anyone is here in dance besides the Americans... :slink:)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
My thoughts:

Did Aliev get a GP or am I mixing him up with someone else? I thought he was going senior. :scratch: (Or he's going the Samohin route from last season? He's probably the favorite to win here.)

He wasn't going senior, Samarin was. But neither of them got GP, so it isn't like Daniel situation. From less known Russian skaters Artur Dmitrev got 2 GP (he had high SB score).

hugo

On the Ice
Seeing list of american junior ladies substitutes: GIANG, HONG, KIM, LE, LIN, NAKAHARA, PENG, YANG... I wonder what would be US Skating without Asian immigrants ?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Seeing list of american junior ladies substitutes: GIANG, HONG, KIM, LE, LIN, NAKAHARA, PENG, YANG... I wonder what would be US Skating without Asian immigrants ?

And McIssac is also of Asian descent. And Bautista is Flilpino.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Biechler/Dodge on the alternates list, yet Damian is no longer age eligible hmmm.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I was wondering about that too....

At least it's something that's caught now unlike that time when China sent 3 pairs to the Junior Worlds and somehow no one caught it until after the competition.

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Gubanova a sub? I hate whoever chose these Russian JGP entries... Both the French ones as well as the Czech ones make no sense. Gubanova is significantly better than either Lozko or Konstantinova. Although both of those still deserve a spot. It's the French one that's a complete travesty here.

Well, at least I'll be able to look forward to miss Triple Axel.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Gubanova a sub? I hate whoever chose these Russian JGP entries... Both the French ones as well as the Czech ones make no sense. Gubanova is significantly better than either Lozko or Konstantinova. Although both of those still deserve a spot. It's the French one that's a complete travesty here.

Both Konstantinova and Lozko makes perfect sense since they both deserve 2 JGP spots and they both are at the main national junior team. What doesn't make any sense is giving mikhailova a spot. She should be way down at the Russian rankings yet she is at the reserve team and Russian fed seems to be thinking about giving her a JGP spot. Don't get that at all. I am not totally against giving Zagitova a JGP spot because she is very promising but personally I would most likely pick other skaters before her.

When Nastia gets back to her usual standard she is better but at the moment we don't know if she is back to her best level. Anyway, I am sure that if she is close to her usual standards she will get 2 JGP spots.