2016 Championnats québécois d’été | Golden Skate

2016 Championnats québécois d’été

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
This event is happening August 4-7 at the Sportsplexe in Pierrefonds.

Main site
Schedule
Results/Start Orders

There will be livestreaming for all three rinks.

Webdiffusion

Glace 1

Glace 3

Glace 4

Schedule

Horaire / Schedule (2016.07.29)

Groupes / Groups (2016.07.19)

This event marks the return of Julianne Séguin and Charlie Bilodeau to competition. Marissa Castelli & Mervin Tran as well as Kirsten Moore-Towers & Michael Marinaro are also competing.

Anyone watching or going?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
And Hubbell & Donahue, Paul & Islam, Fournier-Beaudry & Sorenson, Lauriault & Le Gac, and Soucisse & Firus in the dance event.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
damn.. i "could" go ... but yeah... i don't think I will however, nice men's lineup with Elladj Nicolas and Liam among others.... Ladies not so strong but pairs and dance .... sigh... tempting but i have plans... (like olympic opening ceremony party) I am going to the Autumn classic, same location, in the fall though...

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
damn.. i "could" go ... but yeah... i don't think I will however, nice men's lineup with Elladj Nicolas and Liam among others.... Ladies not so strong but pairs and dance .... sigh... tempting but i have plans... (like olympic opening ceremony party) I am going to the Autumn classic, same location, in the fall though...

Hopefully you can watch some videos then. :)

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
Pairs & Ice Dance field, wow! And Men is not bad either :thumbsup:

Btw. Just recalled that Hubbell/Donohue are in Japan right now touring with The ICE...

Last edited:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Btw. Just recalled that Hubbell/Donohue are in Japan right now touring with The ICE...
I would say - a pity, but I won't as it's a great opportunity for them. Still a great ice dance field for a summer competition.

peese

Medalist
Thank you for the heads-up.

I've tried watching Daily Motion stream for Wildrose and here and the feed is so jerky it's not watchable. Every other year it was great. Even Korean comp worked great. Do I need to download a particular player on my computer? Not very tech savvy! Any help would be great!!

Scout

Final Flight
I've tried watching Daily Motion stream for Wildrose and here and the feed is so jerky it's not watchable. Every other year it was great. Even Korean comp worked great. Do I need to download a particular player on my computer? Not very tech savvy! Any help would be great!!

I didn't have a jerky stream, but the visuals were about 45 seconds ahead of the sound - very annoying.

What does "SEN" mean? It seems to reference an extra competitive field, based on the difference in the junior women's groups. Does this have anything to do with the Canadian Summer Series challenge?

Greta

On the Ice
The live stream is working fine for me this morning. The sound is a little scratchy, but it's perfectly watchable.

TMC

Record Breaker
The live stream is working fine for me this morning. The sound is a little scratchy, but it's perfectly watchable.

Do you know who is on the ice right now? I'm not sure if I'm watching the correct stream for pairs in half an hour. I've a complicated casting arrangement going on and can't check schedules etc online for fear of messing it up :D

Thanks in advance!

Greta

On the Ice
Do you know who is on the ice right now? I'm not sure if I'm watching the correct stream for pairs in half an hour. I've a complicated casting arrangement going on and can't check schedules etc online for fear of messing it up :D

Thanks in advance!

I'm watching 4- it showed junior pairs and is just about to start senior pairs.

TMC

Record Breaker
Wonderful SP yet again from Julianne & Charlie. They seem immune to bad programmes! The height on the twist!!! The hand movements to music! I love it already so so very much. 68+, of which 38+ tes, which is great seeing as Charlie messed up the loop a little.

ETA Thanks Greta!

Last edited:

nadster

Final Flight
I didn't have a jerky stream, but the visuals were about 45 seconds ahead of the sound - very annoying.

What does "SEN" mean? It seems to reference an extra competitive field, based on the difference in the junior women's groups. Does this have anything to do with the Canadian Summer Series challenge?

Yes it has to do with the Summer Series challenge. In the ladies events ladies who registered for the Summer series challenge are put in different groups than those not registered. The women who don't compete in the summer series challenge don't have their SP and FS scores combined ( so skate order is random in the FS for those not in the summer challenge groups )

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Wonderful SP yet again from Julianne & Charlie. They seem immune to bad programmes! The height on the twist!!! The hand movements to music! I love it already so so very much. 68+, of which 38+ tes, which is great seeing as Charlie messed up the loop a little.

ETA Thanks Greta!
Thanks a lot for the information, TMC :). It's good to know about Seguin/Bilodeau. I really like them.

TMC

Record Breaker
Thanks a lot for the information, TMC :). It's good to know about Seguin/Bilodeau. I really like them.

No probs, I wish I had paid proper attention so I could give more details, but typically I just thought that everybody can see the live feed. Doh! I hope we get video soon, though.

Thei costumes are really nice again, Charlie has a white shirt with interesting detail on shoulders and a dark blue vest, Julianne a short orange/fuchsia dress. Almost samba-like. And Charlie's reminds me of Ryan Bradley's 2011 Mozart outfit :D

And they tried sbs triple loops!!! Their lift was great too, Julianne hit a super cool position and the exit reflected the theme of the music really well. All in all a winning programme!