2016 JGP Czech Skate Pairs SP | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Pairs SP

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, so much potential with this Japanese pair! So expressive, really enjoyed that.

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So I'm hardly an expert on this since I just started watching the JGP last year, but as far as I remember, this is the best event I've seen--certainly the one I've enjoyed the most! :points: to everyone!

Edit: close event too. 3rd and 11th are less than four points apart!

Last edited:

GF2445

Record Breaker
So happy with Ekaterina and Harley. For their first skate, its a great start and they know they could do it better.
In saying that, Harley, even if your coach is pissed off at you in the k'n'cry, please dont swear back at him-you never want to encounter the wrath of a russian pairs coach. It should be common knowledge by now!!!

s_parks

Record Breaker
Lol the Korean judge(no. 3) is not playing games. She gave almost every pair the lowest pcs of all the judges.

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
Very entertaining Pairs short programme, much better than I expected, a great way to start the season.

A deserved lead for D/B, very strong and confident performance, they have air of world champions. I didn't think I would but I liked tango Mozart. I am a fan of A/S and if they had pulled of the lift they would be right behind the Czechs. I didn't care for the music but I really like their style and flow. I'm not sure I would have L/J in 3rd, I thought they were a bit sloppy and overscored but didn't realise they had 3 marks deducted. The judges liked them more than me.

I like P with her old partner but she made a good debut with her new partner Selkin. Some good skating but having the music saying lollipop over and over was extremely annoying, I was glad the routing ended. My big surprise was the Australians, I really enjoyed their performance, a very impressive debut they look to have a lot of potential. The 3rd Russians had the 2nd highest BV after the Czechs but lost some on GOE and were scored lowly on PCS. They looked very mismatched, he is a very tall 15 and she is a very small 13.

I thought the 3rd Americans were marked harshly, I really liked their performance. The Koreans skated nicely and seemed happy with their skate which got them a PB. I think the Top 2 are a lock at this point but it is all to play for the final podium spot. There is only 3.7 marks between 3rd and 11th so its all to play for.

edwinaskater1943

On the Ice
So happy with Ekaterina and Harley. For their first skate, its a great start and they know they could do it better.
In saying that, Harley, even if your coach is pissed off at you in the k'n'cry, please dont swear back at him-you never want to encounter the wrath of a russian pairs coach. It should be common knowledge by now!!!

Oh dear I wondered why he was so upset. Is it true they can't go to the Olympics but could get the place for another senior pair who are not of high quality at all. If so that would be a travesty. Harley works very hard

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
great event indeed

obv reeeally loved AS! & they still dont have proper costumes apparently so I suppose I can see a leather jacket on Ilia eventually!:agree: & I wondered how they could keep up the pace & wow they managed!:yahoo: the lift! the shame! But I hope they will have it as a lesson for the future!

Anna & Martin lead as I expected The only thing I didnt like v much was costumes:biggrin: it was too much for my eyes:biggrin:

I didnt like the US pair with Misha v much.:slink: reminded me of the difference in age ala Peng/Zhang

Selkin turned out to be a great match for Poluianova! :clap: (tho the chat suggested that being called Maxim is better for her Olympic prospects so it was the main reason she switched partners:laugh::laugh:)

really nice surprises ala Australians. :agree:

Last edited: