2016 JGP Czech Skate Ladies SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Ladies SP

ioanna

Record Breaker
Oh my dear lord.....Rika's music is like finger nails on a chalk board for me. Great steps and great jumps but the program is a frantic storm of shrilly screeching.

I'm surprised you didn't catch the prerotation on the 3T. :laugh:

Vickys21

Rinkside
Heard that her SP is choreographed by Jeffrey Buttle. No wonder the highlighting of the musical phrasing is on point! :biggrin:
Japanese junior ladies (13-14 year olds!) have thier programs choreographed by famous super-expensive choreographers: Buttle, Lambiel, Dickson... Who is paying for them?

ioanna

Record Breaker
Japanese junior ladies (13-14 year olds!) have thier programs choreographed by famous super-expensive choreographers: Buttle, Lambiel, Dickson... Who is paying for them?

Not all ladies. Mie Hamada's students, yes. Marin Honda, Yuna Shiraiwa, Rika Kihira. I don't think JSF pays for the choreographers, skaters and/or their coaching team pay them.

bosskil

Match Penalty
If Rika keeps her cool in FS, well we have another young superstar, this time from Japan. Her potential seems to be way above her other compatriots including Marin Honda but we shall see if she can deliver.
I'm impressed by Rika as well, she deserves all the praises for great debut, but there is no need be blasphemous. :roll5:

Last edited:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I'm impressed by Rika as well, she deserves all the praises for great debut, but there is no need be blasphemous. :roll5:

I did say what I mean. Look, her SP pcs are immediately 27 - Marin had 28 at the peak of the last season. With 3A Rika will be unbeatable that's what I meant by potential. Can she deliver to the potential - that's we shall see tomorrow.

I do want that our girls win. But objectively it will be good if Rika storms this competition tomorrow with 200+ score. I think, it will be the official declaration of the beginning of the true 3A era in the ladies' FS. I am sure Eteri and other coaches in Russia will focus much more on building this jump with 12 year olds. And during the next quad it will become as standard as quads among men now.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I did say what I mean. Look, her SP pcs are immediately 27 - Marin had 28 at the peak of the last season. With 3A Rika will be unbeatable that's what I meant by potential. Can she deliver to the potential - that's we shall see tomorrow.

I do want that our girls win. But objectively it will be good if Rika storms this competition tomorrow with 200+ score. I think, it will be the official declaration of the beginning of the true 3A era in the ladies' FS. I am sure Eteri and other coaches in Russia will focus much more on building this jump with 12 year olds. And during the next quad it will become as standard as quads among men now.

I start to think Japanese are good at sports that require explosive powers, thinking it was 2nd in the 4x100 relay in Rio, and they are also good at gymnastics... More Japanese ladies ever had 3A in the history. But I don't think it will be more reliable than a 3-3 for most ladies. So if it becomes a standard, we will see fewer clean programs.

bosskil

Match Penalty
I'm the most obsessed Russian babies uber in the world, but even for me, Marin Honda is simply from another planet on junior level. ;)
On paper, you must be right - 3A has to be huge advantage, but I feel magnificence and world title of Marin is gonna make judges to put her above anybody this season. You have to admit she has amazing star power and is feast for the eyes. :love:

Agreed, not sure I see candidates though...

treeloving

Medalist
Rika and Anastasia are sooo good. Artistically pleasing. I hope both of them reach the top teir of senior and be there for a long time.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I'm the most obsessed Russian babies uber in the world, but even for me, Marin Honda is simply from another planet on junior level. ;)
On paper, you must be right - 3A has to be huge advantage, but I feel magnificence and world title of Marin is gonna make judges to put her above anybody this season. You have to admit she has amazing star power and is feast for the eyes. :love:

Agreed, not sure I see candidates though...

Well, Marin was way better than other Japanese yongsters and I was the first to say that after her debut in the USA last year. But I cannot say she was better than Polina - in fact she never had a chance to win over her. Her 2 advantages are having a full package and a "boss posture" while skating. But Polina had better jumps, Alisa had better programs, Marya was the lady of them all. So, my own view was that she was at the same level as the top Rssian junior skaters. Now Rika is different because she looks like a full package as well but 3A will change the game for everyone including Eteri's tano and rippon queens.

I have no idea about candidates - I even have not heard about Zagitova and Panenkova with clean 0+7 programs until recently. So I don't know what pipeline of 12 year olds she has. But among the elder girls Tsurskaya? Zagitova and Panenkova are strong jumpers. Zagitova's 2A was very solid. I think, Eteri might take it as the "declaration of war". And if they just occasionally tried triple axel now it may get into the top priority. But definitely Medvedeva will not be in that group - she does not needed it and I guess she won't be able.

treeloving

Medalist
Oh my dear lord.....Rika's music is like finger nails on a chalk board for me. Great steps and great jumps but the program is a frantic storm of shrilly screeching. Yeah no....

Anastasia has beautiful arms and in spite of the sleepy music her arm movements were fascinating and kept me interested. By far the best interpretation I've seen so far of the few programs I've watched. Polar opposite of Rika for me. Sketchy jumps and a gorgeous program as opposed to...well ....ya get the picture.

You just don't like classical music don't you?