2016 Skate America event schedule | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 Skate America event schedule

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, it definitely seems that for Skate America I'm going to have to be reliant on kindly souls uploading videos to Youtube... It looks like our Eurosport is going to show 2-3 hours of FS in total - which is if one trusts in them actually showing what they say they will, which I do not.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Schedule for Holland on E2 Sunday night is 7.30 - 8.20 or 30-ish, Men's free, and 8.30 to 10, Dance free.

Which means they will only air the last (?) group of the men's free, I guess, because otherwise it would already start at 6.30.

Not good then. :-(

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
My local cable networks do not provide this channel unfortunately.

Ah, here you go. I always watch it here, and there's just the schedule for the current week. I do think they might end up showing SA because they've been repeating the GPF events all week so might be they are getting ready, we'll know more tomorrow as the online schedule should go up. I'm just impatient. :biggrin:

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Ah, here you go. I always watch it here, and there's just the schedule for the current week. I do think they might end up showing SA because they've been repeating the GPF events all week so might be they are getting ready, we'll know more tomorrow as the online schedule should go up. I'm just impatient. :biggrin:
Yeah, I use this stream too from time to time but it can freeze and I guess I just want to watch everything on big screen. Though when I remember what kind of commentary is available on Eurosport...:rolleye: I always wish their microphones to be cut during skating and only work on repeats... Dear God, hear me pray!:bow::agree2:

Antyv

On the Ice
How about Sport 1? I usually catch skating on that one but I can't find an online schedule.
Channel Sport 1 is no longer working. If you watch Russian channels, seek channels Arena, Match and Game. All live broadcasts of Skate America at the Arena, besides Men SP and Ice Dance FD, Ice Dance FD - live broadcast on the Game, Men SP - only in repeat.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
Channel Sport 1 is no longer working. If you watch Russian channels, seek channels Arena, Match and Game. All live broadcasts of Skate America at the Arena, besides Men SP and Ice Dance FD, Ice Dance FD - live broadcast on the Game, Men SP - only in repeat.

Ah yes, thank you, I didn't even notice that while the title remained, it's Arena they are actually streaming. The online schedule is up for it and yes, they're showing it apart from the Men's SP that it's in repeat. Ah how wonderful :luv17:

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
If you're willing to use a VPN to deal with geo-blocking, I would recommend you use the official ISU stream. This is always the most reliable and highest quality live-stream, in my experience:

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/live.html?id=7

"Live coverage from Chicago, USA, from 21st October. Geo-blocked in various territories."

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
If you're willing to use a VPN to deal with geo-blocking, I would recommend you use the official ISU stream. This is always the most reliable and highest quality live-stream, in my experience:

http://www.eurovisionsports.tv/isu/live.html?id=7

"Live coverage from Chicago, USA, from 21st October. Geo-blocked in various territories."

Caveat that this doesn't always work - I've never had success with trying to Hola my way around the ISU stream.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Caveat that this doesn't always work - I've never had success with trying to Hola my way around the ISU stream.

Perhaps not. Though TBH, Hola as a VPN is poorly reviewed and probably the least functional VPN service out there.

I use a couple quality VPN services and I've never spent more than a few minutes loading up the ISU stream for an entire weekend of viewing.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
Perhaps not. Though TBH, Hola as a VPN is poorly reviewed and probably the least functional VPN service out there.

I use a couple quality VPN services and I've never spent more than a few minutes loading up the ISU stream for an entire weekend of viewing.

Oh, which ones do you use? I've used Hola for years.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I'm not using it now (since I subscribe to IN), but during the Olympics I used a VPN called Hotspot Shield. You have to pay for all the features, but it's only $29 for one year and you're supporting an organization that aims to keep the Internet free and uncensored. (There's also a $99 life option that I may consider).

https://www.hotspotshield.com/

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I only use premium services at this point, the free ones are too slow and often don't work.

I really like ExpressVPN right now, their speeds are some of the highest I've seen and they have servers all over the world.

I also have NordVPN, it's okay... I don't care for the app design.

Both of those offer 30-day money-back guarantees if they don't work for you.

Private Internet Access used to be my go-to VPN in the past, but I won't be renewing once my yearly subscription expires next year. They removed their Russian servers a few months back, claimed it was due to security issues. But I still need a Russian proxy sometimes and they offer no options now...

My work VPN also routes through Hyderabad India, so there's also that. :laugh:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Ok. I just need to say I'm watching from Russia, right?
Yes, but sabinfire is right that Hola is an unreliable service. I named it only because I am using it myself as it's free and I could not remember the names for other popular VPN services at that moment.