Alina Zagitova | Page 1052 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
This blog about the songs Alina will be skating to at Art on Ice and the choreographers she will be working with is definitely worth reading -

https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/zzzjjj/2704412.html

Thanks, it was interesting. This blogger is quite good IMO actually.

New experience for Alina, working with different directors and choreographers. But after Sleeping Beauty, she already has basic experience. This 'Art on Ice' is much more ambitious, a 4 stop tour of Switzerland and later one (or more?) stops in Taiwan (and who knows what other cities might get the honour?)

Vemvane

On the Ice
Ahhh, it looks so cold! But her eyebrows and eye make up are always on point.

Thank you for sharing the article, Finley, on Alina's upcoming performances at Art on Ice - it sounds like such a fantastic and exciting opportunity for her to work with so many different choreographers, and skate to such different pieces of music. She is really growing and blooming during her break, and I love it: all that tension and pressure gone, and just look at how amazing she is. I am imagining her back next season, reinvigorated, and with more experience and ideas from this time off, and feel so excited, even though next season is a long, long way away, and I am counting chickens well before they have hatched.

Zagipatra

On the Ice
Ahhh, it looks so cold! But her eyebrows and eye make up are always on point.

Thank you for sharing the article, Finley, on Alina's upcoming performances at Art on Ice - it sounds like such a fantastic and exciting opportunity for her to work with so many different choreographers, and skate to such different pieces of music. She is really growing and blooming during her break, and I love it: all that tension and pressure gone, and just look at how amazing she is. I am imagining her back next season, reinvigorated, and with more experience and ideas from this time off, and feel so excited, even though next season is a long, long way away, and I am counting chickens well before they have hatched.

That sounds wonderful :love: But I am pretty sure that we will only see her back next season if she was able to learn at least one quad during her break. Otherwise we will have a repeat of this seaseon and not being able to fight for a spot on top of the podium will demotivate her from continuing her competitive career, I fear...

zounger

Medalist
That sounds wonderful :love: But I am pretty sure that we will only see her back next season if she was able to learn at least one quad during her break. Otherwise, we will have a repeat of this season and not being able to fight for a spot on top of the podium will demotivate her from continuing her competitive career, I fear...

It's not that much the quad but the general healthy related atmosphere around Alina from different sides that may prevent her to come back soon.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I personally don’t want to see Alina continue to go competitively because she feels like she owes something to someone.
I don’t know, it was like the world turned upside down when she said she needed a simple break, just some time off.
I feel like this excessive overreaction puts Alina into a hard space, as if she owes her fans to continue, to keep going.
I hope if she decides to compete again, it happens because she truly wants it, not because she’s pressured or because she feels like proving someone wrong.

And on that note, I hope she’s not making those decisions based on whether she gets those jumps or not. I mean, aiming to always be first in this new era will wear anyone out mentally.

Nevertheless, I hope to see Alina on test skates refreshed and ready to fight, and I hope she will do it because it’s her decision, not anyone else’s.

Zagipatra

On the Ice
I personally don’t want to see Alina continue to go competitively because she feels like she owes something to someone.
I don’t know, it was like the world turned upside down when she said she needed a simple break, just some time off.
I feel like this excessive overreaction puts Alina into a hard space, as if she owes her fans to continue, to keep going.
I hope if she decides to compete again, it happens because she truly wants it, not because she’s pressured or because she feels like proving someone wrong.

And on that note, I hope she’s not making those decisions based on whether she gets those jumps or not. I mean, aiming to always be first in this new era will wear anyone out mentally.

Nevertheless, I hope to see Alina on test skates refreshed and ready to fight, and I hope she will do it because it’s her decision, not anyone else’s.

I hope she doesn`t feel pressured as well but I think this season has shown that she has to be able to fight for the gold medal, otherwise she won't be motivated to continue. This whole "skating for myself and just having fun" thing proved to be null and void. I think that in a way she completely underestimated her own competitiveness. I am really curious for the test skates as they will show whether she will give it another try or whether she has decided not to.

Vemvane

On the Ice

I entirely agree. I think she skated for a while under intense external pressure to continue, and now she has the break that she wanted and so deserves, I hope she enjoys every moment of it. Without competition, she does seem to be skating for the love of it, as she said she would do at the start of the season, and looks radiant with happiness on the ice. Returning to competition, I would hope, will be her own decision, made because it is something she want to do for herself, not for fans, not for the press, and because she believes it will be good for her.

I do also agree with Zagipatra that she probably underestimated her own competitiveness and drive to win. I remember that video of her after the Olympics, on that Japanese show, where she had to do a number of skating challenges, like weaving one footed through a row of obstacles, and how determined she was to get it right, and how she celebrated when she did. She has a huge amount of determination, she seems to be a perfectionist, and she is also a fierce competitor. So a return to competition for her would either mean that she feels she can fight successfully for the top spot of the podium, or that she has learned how to be satisfied with skating to her own high standards, without regard for where she finishes. If she masters the latter, I will be very impressed, because that is a hard thing to do at so young an age!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Hahah, that’s so true. Alina was even competitive when she was on that Urgant show, guessing plushies and doing make up :D
She was so serious about it. XD

IleK

On the Ice
I hope Alina watched the Europeans and understands now that nobody is perfect, and that she didn't have to be perfect to be on that podium, as no one of the three girls was. I so much want her back, the way I wanted Anna P. back but she never did.

Finley

Record Breaker
I hope Alina watched the Europeans and understands now that nobody is perfect, and that she didn't have to be perfect to be on that podium, as no one of the three girls was. I so much want her back, the way I wanted Anna P. back but she never did.

:ghug: You said everything I am feeling.

Zagipatra

On the Ice

I know... that's what I thought too. She could have medalled (most likely bronze). I miss her personality and grace on ice :sad21:
I love Aliona, but I am dying to have Alina back. I really hope she misses competing and gets that fire in her belly back :)

Finley

Record Breaker
I miss Alina :(

I hope a kind soul gives us some Art on Ice content :pray:

We still have Dobrograd on the 1st. Where Alina will be skating a completely new number (probably to a Selena Gomez song). Please Japanese media and Free Skater come through for us! :pray: