Alina Zagitova

egoshina

On the Ice

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Alina's interview for Figure Skating World magazine (translated with GT):

We stopped training at the rink on March 21st. While there was still an opportunity, I went to the gym, did general physical training every day, did all the exercises that we usually do - work on simulators, passing obstacles from sports equipment... Then I switched to home workouts.

Study took a lot of time. The day was structured as follows: in the morning there were trainings, in the afternoon - mathematics, biology, Russian...
That is, the days passed as usual - training, study.
I got up almost every day at 8 am. This is a long-term habit. Even if there is no morning school or workout, I used to start my day early.

Workouts at home were quite intense: work with rubber, exercises for the press, for strength, stretching I stood in the bar, worked out all muscle groups.
There were a lot of interesting projects with online training, where you had to come up with different exercises that anyone can do. With Daniil Markovich Gleichengauz, we trained live, it was also an interesting experience... I trained myself usually twice a day - in the morning and in the evening, I think that I kept in shape at a good level, despite the fact that during this period in my life had many events.

First, I had to prepare for the Unified State Exam, make up for what I could not do during active training and performances. I pulled up all the items very well.
And my old dream also came true - I got the license. I learned to drive in my native Izhevsk, as there was no such strict quarantine as in Moscow. I went to a driving school almost every day for two hours of theory, three hours of driving.
In this regard, the quarantine was very productive for me, I managed to do what I had been planning for a long time.

And the most memorable event during this period was that we were finally able to celebrate parents' birthdays together. The fact is that dad's birthday is on the last day of April, mom's in early May, mine is also in May... We haven't been able to mark all the dates together for many, many years. And now each of us was able to get the attention and care of loved ones, it was fun and sincere. And I was also very pleased that on my 18th birthday I received a telegram with congratulations from the President of the country. This was the most unexpected gift for me.This is not forgotten.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Let’s be real here for a second... Masaru is a queen!
She has a Wikipedia page, her own merch, contract with Airweave (who sponsor OG20 in Japan) AND a movie now?
A skater, an actress, a superstar all while being under 3 y.o.
Legend status confirmed :D

Shouldn't be the age eligibility for being a senior dog with endorsements raised? :laugh:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Zagi fans are trying to trend something on Twitter so my timeline is filled with this kind of adorableness -

https://twitter.com/smile_zagi/status/1290308185023082501

Alina being humble -

https://twitter.com/Ana89426034/status/1290310549226438657

I think this was taken at her 17th birthday dinner with her family -

https://twitter.com/eurofanchik/status/1290308179805401089/photo/1

Thanks. I had not seen that birthday picture of Alina before She is so happy there. It may be the best picture of hers ever! Other than her wearing Olympic and world gold of course. ;)

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Alina's eyes are as deep as the Baikal lake :)

From an article on Sina.com (Chinese web portal with 600 mln users) about Alina:

“Zagitova completely inherited the best qualities of her parents. Her father's athletic talent and her mother's refined character are combined with extraordinary facial features, a stunning smile and eyes as deep as Lake Baikal. Even the International Olympic Committee has praised her unrivaled beauty. The appearance of this beautiful Russian sportswoman, which attracts both the East and the West equally, is far from ordinary, as we can see.”