Alina Zagitova | Page 1017 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
On the side note, with this whole doping scandal concerning Russia, and the fact that they won't have their flags or national anthems at major competitions for a long time, I'm just extremely happy for Alina's experience at Worlds.

She said how important it was to her to represent her country "fully", with the flag and the anthem and everything. I'm glad she got to experience that among the last ones.

The Worlds victory will always be iconic, because I think that's where she finally got to celebrate everything she did through her career. including her Olympic gold.

Finley

Record Breaker
On the side note, with this whole doping scandal concerning Russia, and the fact that they won't have their flags or national anthems at major competitions for a long time, I'm just extremely happy for Alina's experience at Worlds.

She said how important it was to her to represent her country "fully", with the flag and the anthem and everything. I'm glad she got to experience that among the last ones.

The Worlds victory will always be iconic, because I think that's where she finally got to celebrate everything she did through her career. including her Olympic gold.

This is so true. You said it beautifully.

Finley

Record Breaker
Oh am gee... I smell another scandal!
Will Masaru get jelly because Alina’s holding another doggie? they’ll probably have a talk about this!
The last photo also looks like the dog is daring Masaru: „You see me being cuddled? Come fight me!“ :D

But I’m happy Alina‘s smiling :)

Massey to Buttons: First of all, how dare you...

Second, call me when you have your own advertising contract and the Japanese Prime Minister is your bff.

Third, Mom we need to talk!

Scott512

Record Breaker
She's fine now. On to other dramas! :drama:
The other team were being brats for sure, but they are just kids. Kids being kids getting carried away in the moment. It's all good.

This is Alina's last post on IG -

https://www.instagram.com/p/B50wrdiJUaG/

She thanks her fans, her family, her sponsors and her coaches for all of their support. "together we will only move forward."

Instead of focusing on who has or hasn't liked it, lets pay attention to the fact that she has over 6,000 comments on it. I'm sure they aren't all supportive but that is a lot of love for our girl. I might even leave a comment just to add to the love fest!

When the smartest kids are being bullies or mean then you know society is in trouble. I won't excuse them because they are kids.

Interesting quote from Alina depending on how you take it we will move forward. Hmmm. Did her coach not like the part about we will move forward and that's why she didn't like it? No matter what let's hope she's ready for Nationals because it will be very competitive shall we say. ;)

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I might not be popular with this post but I saw this coming...
She had basically no chance to medal and she had to skate last. I'm impressed she held it together as well as she did. Good fight from her, I'm proud. I will pretend this FS did not happen, and will only remember the fantastic SP.

I'm very grateful for Eteri for what she's done for Alina but I thought maybe the pattern of tossing aside her older champions for new ones is going to change.
I don't know why I thought that. But it's okay. Others have gone trough that, Alina will have to as well.

Possibly triggering content follows in brackets:
(I don't see the point of skating in Team Tut anymore. It's the same situtation as with EM. Either retire or change coaches. I'm sorry but that's my opinion.)

Anyway, I love Alina and will support whatever she does.

Yes I think she should skate first, it must be draining mentally to skate after the 3A but the most important thing is to regain her confidence. i know she can do it like last year after the nationals and europeans.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Ok, now it's official - Max Tran'kov is a Zagistan :)

"I do not think that Zagitova looked heavy on ice. Everyone goes through a growing up process, this is normal, and Alina is now in great shape. I got goosebumps from her short program. And it's really hard for anyone to give goosebumps to Maxim Trankov, trust me", Trankov said in an interview with RT. "At the moment, she's the only one that holds all titles in this sport. What decline of her career are you even talking about? Zagitova did a lot for figure skating, and no one else can boast of what she has achieved. Moreover, the current successes of our girls became possible only thanks to what Alina did. All of them are looking up to her."

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Oh am gee... I smell another scandal!
Will Masaru get jelly because Alina’s holding another doggie? they’ll probably have a talk about this!
The last photo also looks like the dog is daring Masaru: „You see me being cuddled? Come fight me!“ :D

But I’m happy Alina‘s smiling :)

Masaru ain't worried about some puny little "designer dog".

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
From thread "2019-20 Russian Ladies' Figure Skating" by Batsuchan:

:pray:

Oh no. A hip injury doesn't sound like fun to me. (Apparently Alena K might be injured as well...)

I wish one of the coaches would say something, they are always so tight-lipped about injuries. I don't know why they think having rumors go around is good. The truth will come out sooner or later...
But I guess we will have to wait until RusNats starts...:(

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
I am afraid, should Team Tutberidze communicate about their pupils' health (with their, and their parents permission) it would only increase rumours. Such are human minds... Yet I would like, too, to know more about their injuries.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Tatyana Navka telling everyone to vote for Alina @ «ISU Skating Awards»

It’s a great honour for Tatyana Navka’s creative team to work with the Olympic champion Alina Zagitova on the “Sleeping Beauty. The legend of the two kingdoms." new musical on ice .
Our star is the ISU Skating Awards nominee in three categories at once: “Most Valuable Skater”, “Best Costume” and “Best Programme”. Be sure to follow the link and support our talented athlete.
Let's bring our champion another victory together.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Darya Usachyova about Alina, her team-mate:

- Who impresses you the most in your team?⠀
- I always admired Alina Zagitova even when I was not in the Tutberidze group. Her hard work, perseverance, the fact that she never gives up and continues to work ...
...And no matter how hard it is, Alina always leaves the training only after a perfect skate. There wasn’t such a time that she refused to do something or was lazy. She is always hardworking, and her confidence and motivation amaze me.