Alina Zagitova | Page 996 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Finley

Record Breaker
Navka was on some morning show not long ago, she was boasting so much about the fact that she managed to get Alina in her show :laugh:
She was like, "I got the best, the coolest skater in the world in my show, I'm so proud of it" :laugh:
It does seem like she invested a lot of money in Sleeping beauty, it will be an awesome experience for Alina, I'm sure :yes:

The show looks amazing! Like no expense was spared. I wish I could see it live.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Teaser with Alina of "The Sleeping Beauty: the legend of two kingdoms" is out.

Press video in https://navka.show

It even has trained crows and owls, just like in Harry Potter movies, how cool is that.

Who will be Alina's substitute during the preparations and competition of Russian Nationals?

Let the 'Battle of the Ice Shows' begin, LOL

Seruleane

Final Flight
Wishing Alina skates a wonderful SP that makes her satisfied and proud. She is skating for herself now, and I hope she does not feel any pressure, and knows that her fans will always support her and stay with her no matter what!

colormyworld240

Medalist
Alina Zagitova and Eteri Tutberidze, Great Victories, Motivation
New and long interview with Alina (English Subtitles DONE)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FbsjuIMP0c

Thank you for the translations! Someone should post this as a text on the Edge, it gives viewers some insight into Alina thinks about her motivation, struggles, and future. Since there is always so much speculation about what she thinks.

Fruitpie

On the Ice
Ah, our cute and shy Alinochka. She looks so grown up now, but inside didn't change at all. Still the same "homyachok". Love her, can't help it.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Hello! It's my first post in Alina's fan fest; I first heard about her after the Olympics, and watched her Don Quixote program so many times that I cannot hear the music without thinking of her in her red tutu. I think she's a marvellous skater, who puts her heart and soul out there on the ice, and who has faced so much already and overcome it all with quiet grace and class.

I did hope that she would have a better skate today at NHK, but alas, it was not to be. She was really brave, though, to go for the loop, I thought, a second time, after it had not come through for her on the Lz, but that is the Alina I have watched and loved, courageous when skating, and never ever giving up. Even though that loop just wasn't co-operating today, she performed her step sequence beautifully, and her spins, as always, were gorgeous. I hope that tomorrow everything goes much, much better for her, and she can have a skate that leaves her with her glowing smile afterwards.

Decoder

On the Ice
Hello! It's my first post in Alina's fan fest; I first heard about her after the Olympics, and watched her Don Quixote program so many times that I cannot hear the music without thinking of her in her red tutu. I think she's a marvellous skater, who puts her heart and soul out there on the ice, and who has faced so much already and overcome it all with quiet grace and class.

I did hope that she would have a better skate today at NHK, but alas, it was not to be. She was really brave, though, to go for the loop, I thought, a second time, after it had not come through for her on the Lz, but that is the Alina I have watched and loved, courageous when skating, and never ever giving up. Even though that loop just wasn't co-operating today, she performed her step sequence beautifully, and her spins, as always, were gorgeous. I hope that tomorrow everything goes much, much better for her, and she can have a skate that leaves her with her glowing smile afterwards.

Welcome ! :) (I am also a new comer) Agree with every word!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
It’s ok! I’m only sad that she’s upset with her skate, but scores and placements do not matter. :)
She’s an olympic and world champion for the rest of her life! I even though I’d want her to have a break this season, I’m glad she decided to skate, results are not as important as seeing her content with herself.
New day tomorrow, better and stronger Alina will show what she’s capable of!

E

eterialskater

She only needs to be reasonably clean tomorrow and she is in the GPF. Her form right now is not so good so the important thing is getting back her consistency before Nationals. TBH I really don't know if going to the GPF would do her any good. It will be a permutation of the 3A in the podium so maybe sitting out that tournament would probably be best right now. I think if she is at least 4th and has a high performance at Nationals then she'll likely be sent over the 3rd placer to Worlds to defend her title.

patee

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
What do you guys think happened to our beloved Queen? At the test skates and the Japan Open she was so strong and confident, I was so happy to see her like that, but today she was obviously not on fire... :cry: I really hope it's just a bad day and nothing more and she'll shine again tomorrow!

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
What do you guys think happened to our beloved Queen? At the test skates and the Japan Open she was so strong and confident, I was so happy to see her like that, but today she was obviously not on fire... :cry: I really hope it's just a bad day and nothing more and she'll shine again tomorrow!
It’s just 1 pop, not even a major mistake.
I mean, she did not fall, have step outs, etc, it’s not anything major, imo.
Alina in all her 3 seasons as a senior had always done mistakes in her first half of the season, it was like that every year so far.
She usually peaks a little later in the season.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist

Alina explained it in the interview after the skate:

“I’ll try to show a clean skate in the free programme, I was too calm, and this calmness worked against me, I didn’t have enough adrenaline,” Zagitova said.
"I had skates like this in the Olympic season, when I failed in the short. So I have experience how to tune in for the fs. Kostornaya’s record didn’t affect me."⠀

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
It’s ok! I’m only sad that she’s upset with her skate, but scores and placements do not matter. :)
She’s an olympic and world champion for the rest of her life! I even though I’d want her to have a break this season, I’m glad she decided to skate, results are not as important as seeing her content with herself.
New day tomorrow, better and stronger Alina will show what she’s capable of!

I agree 100%. She doesn't have anything to prove anymore and it only broke my heart to see tears in her eyes because we know how important it is for her to do her best, but Alina being Alina, it will only give her more fire for tomorrow's skate!

Right after she missed the combo on the lutz, I knew she would try to add it to the flip, even with that crazy entry! Our girl never gives up :bow:

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico

Welcome! Post long and often :)

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Go Alina. You can be on the podium and win the bronze. We already know that Rika and Alena will battle for the gold.

It would be good to have the 4A at GPF.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
It’s just 1 pop, not even a major mistake.
I mean, she did not fall, have step outs, etc, it’s not anything major, imo.
Alina in all her 3 seasons as a senior had always done mistakes in her first half of the season, it was like that every year so far.
She usually peaks a little later in the season.

Yes, she still on the run, only 2 points behind Karen and she needs to skate clean like japan open.