Alina Zagitova | Page 1012 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I think we have witnessed the difference between teenagers at the first senior season with all their energy, hungry for victories, enjoying every moment of that new experience against the burden to be yet Olympic, euro, world champion with everything to lose and with a woman body that not let you to be explosive as in the past.
I think Alina managing quite well that...she fought until the last jump, spin, steps. For a while I was worried ghosts of Milan could come to her head but she finished the program with all she had.
Very proud of this young woman, she’s an example.

I was thinking the same, Milan is not her cup of tea. She popped her free at worlds and now for the GPF after her second place in the short in both events.

Now, Alina maybe should drop some commercials or shows only to focus on her training if she wants to stay competitive.
I hope she will skate two clean programs for the nationals to stay on the national team.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Does anyone know if Alina wants to learn any of the big jumps?

I mean, Rika's the same age, and she's evolving with quads & 3A. I personally think Alina could do them... So I guess it's about her motivation

Has she made any indication/willingness to give them a go?
Alina Rika are at different points in their careers even though they're almost the same age. Rika as wonderful and adorable as she is often bombs one of her programs because of the difficulty of them and the triple axles and now she's trying to add a quad. Alina realizes that' without a doubt and I think she will hesitate on learning quads in particular. I think a triple axel is possible because her legs are so much stronger than they used to be. To me Alina looks so much bigger than her younger teammates. Puberty may not be affecting her the way it has nastya or Sofia but growing bigger and stronger has happened to Alina and she's dealing with it. Rika on the other hand is not being hurt by puberty.

I don't think she should skate Russian Nationals unless she's one hundred percent healthy. That is going to be a torturous advance for some of the ladies. I do not want that. For the reigning world champion and Olympic champion. So if she's not feeling good and ready to go she shouldn't. I would like to say it's a simple as that but we know it is not.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Now, Alina maybe should drop some commercials or shows only to focus on her training if she wants to stay competitive.
I hope she will skate two clean programs for the nationals to stay on the national team.

I don't see her position amongst the national selection in jeopardy now after one bad finish. Alina is still part of the elite Seasons Best upper 10 league. FFKKR have a far better gauge of Alina's character, skill level and skating qualities that any of us.

Konstantinova and Samodurova are in far worse position given their results (or lack thereof). Plus, what new skaters to add? Best discussed in Russian Ladies thread.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Alina Rika are at different points in their careers even though they're almost the same age. Rika as wonderful and adorable as she is often bombs one of her programs because of the difficulty of them and the triple axles and now she's trying to add a quad. Alina realizes that' without a doubt and I think she will hesitate on learning quads in particular. I think a triple axel is possible because her legs are so much stronger than they used to be. To me Alina looks so much bigger than her younger teammates. Puberty may not be affecting her the way it has nastya or Sofia but growing bigger and stronger has happened to Alina and she's dealing with it. Rika on the other hand is not being hurt by puberty.

I don't think she should skate Russian Nationals unless she's one hundred percent healthy. That is going to be a torturous advance for some of the ladies. I do not want that. For the reigning world champion and Olympic champion. So if she's not feeling good and ready to go she shouldn't. I would like to say it's a simple as that but we know it is not.

So agree about RusNats. All the media attention, the fabricated and enhanced rivalries, she doesn't seem to be in the right mental state to handle all of that.

I think we don't have to beat around the bush anymore: it's hard to accept but she's not going to make the World team for sure.

She will get GPs and Challengers next year because of SB and WS. She doesn't need to endure RusNats if she doesn't feel like it.

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
So agree about RusNats. All the media attention, the fabricated and enhanced rivalries, she doesn't seem to be in the right mental state to handle all of that.

I think we don't have to beat around the bush anymore: She's not going to make the World team for sure.

She will get GPs and Challengers next year because of SB and WS. She doesn't need to endure RusNats if she doesn't feel like it.

She’s a fighter. I’m sure she can rebound for the Nationals but she needs to rest. She was skating for Navka’s show last week. She has to stay on competitive mode.

Scott512

Record Breaker

I think we don't have to beat around the bush anymore: it's hard to accept but she's not going to make the World team for sure.

Truth.

Even if Alina ends up on the Russian B team next season with Liza and Zhenya she can still win medals in her competitions and be very competitive and still make a lot of money on the side with shows and endorsements. And if it turns out she never learns quads or triple axles I think all of her fans can live with that.

icybear

Medalist
Poor Alina. It looks like there's a lot going on below the surface. Whatever decision she makes for her career, I hope it'll be for her own happiness.

paji15

On the Ice

Yeah. Alina and Rika are same age but Alina was eligible a year earlier, which mean she was prepared to win Olympic. Quads came after her. She was doing Lz-Loop combo and all jumps in second half. She was prepared for that. On the other hand, Rika competed one year with Sasha. When you compare the two of them, Alina’s skating is like 10 times more mature (with all respect to Rika).

For sure her body is strong enough to jump quad. She had of course different body than 3A, but she wa never as tiny as e.g. Annya, but she is still very tiny girl, but so mascular. She is still able to fo Lz-Loop combo, or add more Loops after that. I don’t see her body as limit, just see at Liza (which skating is of course different, she is concentrate on jumps and prepping for it big part of program). But body is one thing, head the other. And that doesn’t mean id she is not able to do it, she is mentaly weak. Not at all. It’s just so complex, you must get used to it falling a lot in prsctice again and so many things. That’s not easy.

In my opinion, she will try, because she’s fighter. Maybe we will find out maybe not. And in the proces she’ll see how it goes Andy if it’s worthy.

If she will not make a team this year, it doesn’t have to be all bad for her. She will have time to try those jumps in quite setting, not under pressure to have her programs ready for competition at the same time.

egoshina

On the Ice
Haven't been here in a while, but I thought that at times like this I will come over and show my support to Alina, and her fans.

Bad times will pass, Alina, tomorrow will be another day!

Speedy recovery!

halulupu

Final Flight
She is teary lately. Seems like a lot going on. And she is still only 17. So much pressure. Hope she has good surinding which help her.

edkwok

Spectator
I was in the front row where Alina does her 3Lz3Lo. I confirm her SP performance was beyond sublime and the audience gave her the biggest standing ovation. Watching her live was 10 times better than internet so can you imagine how good it was? She should have scored 83-85 in my opinion. Having experienced what she is capable of I think she remains a top contender even without 3A or quads. Clean SP of 80+ and FS of 160 are hers for the taking. Don’t forget her young competitors are managing quads by speed of rotation and low body weight and nobody knows if it’s sustainable into late teens. I wish Alina well!!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Was the only injury she got the cut on her leg?

No, probably also a painful knee or ankle she cannot risk with the National Championships and later assignments in mind. She would have loved to perform the commemorative exhibition program for the Italian and international audience who have been very supportive of each and every skater.

This EX dedicated to her deceased ballet teacher has a special meaning to Alina, she would only have performed it to the very best of her capability and in the proper emotional mindset.

taylor1

On the Ice
God I really hope not doing her exhibition was Alina's choice and she wasn't forced to pull out by Eteri because I wouldn't put it past her. In the video when she was waiting to give her short speech, she looked very upset and sad like she didn't want to be there :((

Giltedge

Final Flight

Alina's message from her own ig:

The Grand Prix Final is over and it was a great honour to be among the strongest skaters of the world.

THANK YOU to my fans; I saw your numerous "ALINA" banners - it was FANTASTIC - I heard you - I felt you.

For me, you are much more valuable than any gold medal. YOU ARE THE BEST and together we will move forward .

Let me THANK my friends from S
hiseido and Puma for your continuous support, help and congratulations during all of the GP competitions.

And my SPECIAL THANKS to
Eteri Tutberidze, Daniil Gleikhengauz and Sergey Dudakov,

and also to my lovely family.

Decoder

On the Ice
Our Alina failed one competetion. Ok, not a big deal. She failed multiple times last season, and she finally won. Are we going to see a replay of last season? Very unlikly, because a historical trio has born and they have formidable tech. However, have we forgotten what Alina said at the beginning of the season? She said she'd skate for fun. Well, it seems that losing is no fun at all, and Alina must have realized it now. So time to rethink and re-plan.

What to do next? I am sure Alina and her coaches will figure it out and adjust accordingly. In the long term, failing this GPF might not be all that bad, because it allows Alina to start re-planning earlier if she wants to continue fight.

But first and foremost, stay healthy! I am glad coaches and alina decided to skip the demonstration.

I am happy to be in this thread and we all are with you, Alina!

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
The Russian Ladies thread is almost becoming unbearable to read with all of the stuff being said about Alina. I am glad this thread is still so nice and welcoming. People are completely tearing this whole situation apart. Alina was injured, so her and her team did not want her to skate the gala because nationals is in two weeks. Alina was almost crying because I am sure that she wanted to perform and have fun with the other skaters. Is it really that hard to figure out? I am not trying to be mean or anything but I just don’t understand why people are overanalyzing this and spreading crazy rumors.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yeah. Alina and Rika are same age but Alina was eligible a year earlier, which mean she was prepared to win Olympic. Quads came after her. She was doing Lz-Loop combo and all jumps in second half. She was prepared for that. On the other hand, Rika competed one year with Sasha. When you compare the two of them, Alina’s skating is like 10 times more mature (with all respect to Rika).

For sure her body is strong enough to jump quad. She had of course different body than 3A, but she wa never as tiny as e.g. Annya, but she is still very tiny girl, but so mascular. She is still able to fo Lz-Loop combo, or add more Loops after that. I don’t see her body as limit, just see at Liza (which skating is of course different, she is concentrate on jumps and prepping for it big part of program). But body is one thing, head the other. And that doesn’t mean id she is not able to do it, she is mentaly weak. Not at all. It’s just so complex, you must get used to it falling a lot in prsctice again and so many things. That’s not easy.

In my opinion, she will try, because she’s fighter. Maybe we will find out maybe not. And in the proces she’ll see how it goes Andy if it’s worthy.

If she will not make a team this year, it doesn’t have to be all bad for her. She will have time to try those jumps in quite setting, not under pressure to have her programs ready for competition at the same time.
yes Alina is not big but she's much more muscular than she used to be had much bigger than 3A.

Alina's message from her own ig:

The Grand Prix Final is over and it was a great honour to be among the strongest skaters of the world.

THANK YOU to my fans; I saw your numerous "ALINA" banners - it was FANTASTIC - I heard you - I felt you.

For me, you are much more valuable than any gold medal. YOU ARE THE BEST and together we will move forward .

Let me THANK my friends from S
hiseido and Puma for your continuous support, help and congratulations during all of the GP competitions.

And my SPECIAL THANKS to
Eteri Tutberidze, Daniil Gleikhengauz and Sergey Dudakov,

and also to my lovely family.

she just oozes s class.

Our Alina failed one competetion. Ok, not a big deal. She failed multiple times last season, and she finally won. Are we going to see a replay of last season? Very unlikly, because a historical trio has born and they have formidable tech. However, have we forgotten what Alina said at the beginning of the season? She said she'd skate for fun. Well, it seems that losing is no fun at all, and Alina must have realized it now. So time to rethink and re-plan.

What to do next? I am sure Alina and her coaches will figure it out and adjust accordingly. In the long term, failing this GPF might not be all that bad, because it allows Alina to start re-planning earlier if she wants to continue fight.

But first and foremost, stay healthy! I am glad coaches and alina decided to skip the demonstration.

I am happy to be in this thread and we all are with you, Alina!

Well said.