Alina Zagitova | Page 946 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I can't wait to Japan Open! I'm so curious about Cleopatra outfit. :hap85:

I think Alina's goal is now to skate 2 clean programs.

Japan open is only the free but she has to skate for the exhibition and yesh I want so badly to see her new costume. Do you know who is doing it ? Milena has done a good job with Anna and kamila’s outfit is also beautiful.

Catharina

Rinkside
Japan open is only the free but she has to skate for the exhibition and yesh I want so badly to see her new costume. Do you know who is doing it ? Milena has done a good job with Anna and kamila’s outfit is also beautiful.

Only free without short program? Why? Good to know!

Finley

Record Breaker

I'm so excited to see her costumes and Cleopatra after a month of fine tuning! Doesn't Olga always do her costumes?

tzazu

Medalist

The JO is a team competition organized by the Japan Skating Federation, which invite skaters to compete in the disciplines of men's and ladies' singles (no pairs or dance); the skaters perform the free program but no short and individual results are combined for a team standing (North America, Japan and Europe), so it's the format, only one day.:). They can be active or retired skater, it's not an ISU competition

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic

The JO is a team competition organized by the Japan Skating Federation, which invite skaters to compete in the disciplines of men's and ladies' singles (no pairs or dance); the skaters perform the free program but no short and individual results are combined for a team standing (North America, Japan and Europe), so it's the format, only one day.:). They can be active or retired skater, it's not an ISU competition

Also, the team consists of two men and two ladies and their score for the free program is counted all together. Last year Alina received the highest score of all ladies and higher than both european (incl. Javi) and american men. And if the ladies would be scored the same in PCS as men (factor 1.6 vs. 2.0), Alina would have received even greater score than Nobunari Oda :biggrin: It was her truly best performance. But because this event is not organized by ISU, the scores are not counted into personal best. Just for us all to remember:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIO7oZ3FpiQ

Noreg16

On the Ice
Yup, you're right can't do 3 x 2As. Quads replace a 2A and then -Eu-3S replaces -2T-2Lo but only under certain conditions. The layout with a quad is only maximized when the skater is able to do -3T, -3Lo, and -Eu-3S combos (Anna and Sasha do this). And then Kamila, who can't do a -3Lo combo, still has to do a -2T thereby not maximizing her layout with a quad. So the key is to have a quad and also be able to do the 3 types of 3-3 combos.

In general, it goes like this from increasing BV:

No quad/no 3A:
-3T and -Eu-3S and -2T or 2x-3T
-3T and -3Lo and -2t-2Lo

With a quad:
-3T and -2T (or -2Lo) and -Eu-3S or 2x-3T
-3T and -3Lo and -Eu-3S

Then gets much more complicated if you have multiple quads like Nathan.

Alina already has a -3Lo, if she gets a quad her layout would the the maximum (on par with Anna's).

Yes and Alina really needs a quad, any quad next season, and I’m sure she is preparing/training for it, Russians already dismissing Alina’s achievements and putting medals on a new champion, saying Alina got lucky quad girls were in juniors...imo quad girls are lucky Alina didn’t have time and health to get herself a quad, coz with her PCs no one would ever even come close...sadly coaches had to stop training Alina for quad during Olympic season to not get her injured and after that she has been growing a lot.

Noreg16

On the Ice
I realize this part of it. The -3Lo combos are really all about both timing AND landing the first triple correctly.
Really no margin for error. I remember some coach's analysis of why Alina failed on one of her 3Lz-3Lo's last season.

Unfortunately, the base values of the -3Lo combos do not reflect how difficult they are compared to the -3T combos.
I also think the -3Lo combos look so pretty when landed.
Although I am a huge fan of Alina's 3Lz-3T also. Because of the nice rhythm she has between the 2 jumps.

What I am still not exactly clear on is why Eteri said it was so difficult to have both the 3Lz-3Lo and the 3Lz-3T in the same program.
I'm pretty sure it had to do with the Lutzes having to be set up differently for each combo.

In any event, now her 2A-3T is back in her LP.
And I must say to me it looked even better at the "Test Skates" than it did at the Olympics.
It wasn’t difficult just for Alina it’s for everyone because you start with the same jump but second part is completely different technique, and it’s too much for one program, most people can’t perform both those combos separately, here she had like 2 mins in between to switch. In a loop combo you need to stop rotation after ur lutz in time, so your shoulders aren’t “gone” before you actually start a second jump with pushing yourself first down on your leg (your blade) and then jumping up, starting rotation for the loop - reason Alina decided to not do her loop at the olympics, in a toe jump since you assist yourself with another foot it isn’t necessary, you can have not a clean landing or over rotation, you bring yourself up by hitting the ice with another foot and you can still get enough height for a triple.

And answering some previous discussion about Salchow...I personally believe Alina has something wrong with her left foot. There was a video where 2 different coaches told her she had problem with her leg: students were jumping over things on both legs and Dudakov said Alina was jumping on just one leg again. Then on another exercise Daniil said Alina had her left foot being in-toed AGAIN.
Alina is very good with technique on every element, she does both toe/loop combos, jumps 5 lutzes and 4 flips for her 3 programs....but Sal seems visibly harder for her, she gets lower GOE, and once even a commentator said about DQ”wow her Lutz...”and then... “okay Sal...weird Lutz was so much more wow than Sal and Lutz is a harder jump”
Every other skater thinks Sal and Toe are the easiest jumps, it was mentioned by Alina herself they are the first jumps kids learn. I find it weird Alina told in a Live stream she loved every jump but Toe and Sal, she explained a bit about Toe - it’s because she only jumps it with combos, never elaborated on Sal. She could only jump 2A, 3 loop and 3sal (probably forgot to mention 3toe in that interview) at 13 back in Izhevsk, not flip or lutz, but weirdly Sal was the last triple jump she started performing with her arms up. In Olympic program she had cool split jump transition into Sal to get higher goe. This season she has many transitions but she doesn’t have any transition before 3Sal and it still looks like she is “working” for it, meanwhile lutz and flip with crazy entries looked easy? Alina’s loop is very good, it’s also a blade jump so she has no problem with that but she uses her right foot. Sal is the only jump where you use your left blade, seems to me it’s hard for Alina to push herself up with left foot (toe loop isn’t her favorite jump either, and you toe assist with left foot there)

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
Yes and Alina really needs a quad, any quad next season, and I’m sure she is preparing/training for it, Russians already dismissing Alina’s achievements and putting medals on a new champion, saying Alina got lucky quad girls were in juniors...imo quad girls are lucky Alina didn’t have time and health to get herself a quad, coz with her PCs no one would ever even come close...sadly coaches had to stop training Alina for quad during Olympic season to not get her injured and after that she has been growing a lot.

It was a wise decision. Zhenia got injured and they didn't know if she could make it. Alina was their only hope during Zhenia’s recovery so they didn’t want to take the risks with quads and I think Alina wasn’t ready yet. I also think she will train quad after this saison, once she mastered all her jumps.

Catharina

Rinkside
I think Alina will add quad to her programs next year/ next season. She needs to concentrate on skating her current programs with max. points.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I think Alina will add quad to her programs next year/ next season. She needs to concentrate on skating her current programs with max. points.

Alina's jumps were so strong at test skates that I think she is definitely capable of gaining quads and I wish that too, but we will see. It's good that Alina didn't make any binding promise for now, that would put unnecessary pressure on her.

Catharina

Rinkside
Alina's jumps were so strong at test skates that I think she is definitely capable of gaining quads and I wish that too, but we will see. It's good that Alina didn't make any binding promise for now, that would put unnecessary pressure on her.

Exactly. I think she can relax this season and have fun skating. I hope she'll ATTACK next year. :)

paji15

On the Ice
I can't wait to Japan Open! I'm so curious about Cleopatra outfit. :hap85:

I think Alina's goal is now to skate 2 clean programs.

I think Alina's it's Alina's goal everytime she hit the ice, it's her mindset. It doesn't matter if she has her layout, easier one, or with one, two quads or pretty much full of quads like Nathan. :) There are two type of skaters, those who are satisfied with placement and those who are seeking or perfection and their actual performance is more important than result. She is the second case. Which I admire on her so much! :luv17:

And can't wait to see her Cleopatra outfit too. I was trying to imagine what they will come up with but my mind is pretty empty. Idk where my imagination left. :laugh: But at least I will not be comparing it!

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I think Alina's it's Alina's goal everytime she hit the ice, it's her mindset. It doesn't matter if she has her layout, easier one, or with one, two quads or pretty much full of quads like Nathan. :) There are two type of skaters, those who are satisfied with placement and those who are seeking or perfection and their actual performance is more important than result. She is the second case. Which I admire on her so much! :luv17:

And can't wait to see her Cleopatra outfit too. I was trying to imagine what they will come up with but my mind is pretty empty. Idk where my imagination left. :laugh: But at least I will not be comparing it!

Yes I’m looking forward to see her Cleopatra outfit. She will be stunning as always.

Alina had a very stressful saison last year and she fulfilled her duty beautifully. Being the reigning olympic champion and the only russian skater who could make it (winning the world title) it was a huge responsibility on her shoulders, so she deserves this year to relax and enjoy. It doesn’t mean she has to drop the difficult elements but she knows that the attention is on her teammates, she’s not alone anymore, it’s up to the three princesses to shine now.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Alina's interview with 1 TV

Photo "with the buns" :)

From the interview with Alina: "I think it was in Yoshkar-Ola when we first met. I still trained in Izhevsk at the time. It's not a secret that I was really afraid to approach her :) I just wanted to say 'hello' and take a pic with her. So we took a pic with the buns, and after that I decided I wanted to join her group" :biggrin:

"I had an unhappy experience when I was little - when someone (I don't want to name them) refused to give me their autograph, it was like my dream of a lifetime and they refused. I was really upset after that, emotions that I felt at the time are indescribable. So now when kids approach me for a photo or an autograph, I never refuse them, because I had an experience like that".
"I think Eteri Georgiyevna is the same - I've never seen her refuse anyone a photo or an autograph. She treats people really well".