Alina Zagitova | Page 1014 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I don't thinks so. :(

When you withdraw from compulsory exhibition in the Gala because of injury, you can hardly be seen partying at the after banquet. Perhaps she just wasn't in the mood and only sat at dinner before retreating to her room to have a long and nice conversation with friends and family that were at home?

In any case, we haven't seen that much pictures from the banquet. Alina as a Shiseido icon must have looked splendid nevertheless.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Creepy account, referring to Alina as "my baby" in every other posting. Unfortunately, you'll find many accounts likewise obsessed with their idols. Adult males own these kind of accounts?

Let’s hope it’s not adult men.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Let’s hope it’s not adult men.

The whole tone of this account sounds very possessive to me. I rather like those Instagram fan group accounts instead of these kind of single persons on Twitter who are obsessed.

But Alina has no choice in who follows her with what intentions.

And she shouldn't really care about this, other people should. Her own accounts are carefully moderated, and I suppose those moderators follow other accounts too in order to find out what goes on in the online world around her.

Alina Zagitova is an icon, a valuable image, a trademark perhaps even, that needs to be kept pure and protected from abuse, defacement and worse.

zounger

Medalist
I hope she went! So far no pics emerged...

But yes, it's undeniable who's the queen :)

It doesn't matter if she actually went it's the thought . :biggrin: Though I would like her to go because can give somehow an inspiration since her FS theme is Egyptian.

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
I wanted to see a picture of her with Madison Chock, both in their Egyptian dresses.
Probably it's not happening now, but oh well.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
And I think this shows she has put her GPF misfortune behind her and looks forwards to the future. Again a little sadder, but much wiser as to what needs to be done and what she needs to let go of.

No breaks for any of the most Awesome And Amazing Aces, the younger girls all said in their interviews it is straight back into training for the National Championships. Which means they'll be at the rink tomorrow morning sharp, perhaps even tonight already for some stretching, physiotherapy/massage and light PE.

Will Alina have rehearsals for the Navka show or any commercial/promotional activities in between?
It depends how vad Alina's injury is. She may need to rest maybe?

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It depends how vad Alina's injury is. She may need to rest maybe?

We can't know. Khrustalniy has always been very tight lipped about the health and competitive readiness of its athletes.

An athlete of Alina's level, physical condition and experience can survive on a few days of light training to relieve an injured limb, before getting back to increased loads once needed in the build up phase. i seriously doubt she'll want to skip National Championships unless in a cast. Let's wait and see on arrival day in Krasnoyarsk, December 24, in a fortnight also. Can we survive for so long without sight of Alina ;-) ?

Giltedge

Final Flight
Leysan is so beautiful. I'm glad Alina has her mother with her and her fans to support her! "Together we more forward."

I also loved Daniil's caption on his IG post where he thanked Alina for fighting and reminded her that 'millions love you'. :cry:

Indeed :) Leysan could well be Alina's stand-in for those occasions when Alina gets double-booked by both Shiseido and Puma

Scott512

Record Breaker
I hope all the twittering and social media nonsense about Alina it's something that she can avoid as much as possible.

I don't really know what her coach or her coaches sister are talking about if they're saying anything but I would hope they would not be saying anything detrimental about Alina. Because if that was the case that's the only thing that could turn me against Eteri. Again I hope that's not the case. it better not be.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I hope all the twittering and social media nonsense about Alina it's something that she can avoid as much as possible.

I don't really know what her coach or her coaches sister are talking about if they're saying anything but I would hope they would not be saying anything detrimental about Alina. Because if that was the case that's the only thing that could turn me against Eteri. Again I hope that's not the case. it better not be.

People need only a little for turning into "righteous monsters", it gives them the feeling of "doing good". The cynical part of my mind is on the march today...

Finley

Record Breaker
People need only a little for turning into "righteous monsters", it gives them the feeling of "doing good". The cynical part of my mind is on the march today...

I don't want to derail Alina's fanthread, but this is the thread I feel most welcome in. I just need to say that right now, at this moment in time, the sport I love is exhausting me. For reasons only 1% related to Alina or anything connected with her. And Alina is 100% my reason for falling back in love skating again after years so that is saying something :(

For anyone who needs it (like me) :ghug:

lesnar001

Record Breaker

It's going to be hard for her to avoid the IG post you are referring to here.
There was a story in the Russian press about it.