Alina Zagitova | Page 1016 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don't want to derail Alina's fanthread, but this is the thread I feel most welcome in. I just need to say that right now, at this moment in time, the sport I love is exhausting me. For reasons only 1% related to Alina or anything connected with her. And Alina is 100% my reason for falling back in love skating again after years so that is saying something :(

For anyone who needs it (like me) :ghug:
There is no derailing the thread. Things have been very dramatic at this forum lately and with all the rumors going on it is very draining. we can only hope Alina is handling everything well and just getting healthy and looking forward to a strong Russian Nationals no matter where she finishes. This will be even a greater competition than last year and that was insane. I joined the board right after the 2014 Winter Olympics when Adelina won and was getting attacked all over the place here at this forum and on the internet with the craziest crap I've ever seen. she is still haunted to this day although it has died down a little. that was a very toxic and draining time for me and while this isn't as bad all the speculation about the golden girl is puzzling and upsetting a lot of people like we are here. I still have great hope for alina. Her short program should always get her about an 80 or more if she's on. If and when she does part ways with her coach it will be a clean break and not messy because that's not the way Alina does things. One of my thoughts is with Kamila plus 3A will the reigning Olympic and World champion still be given top-level attention when such an incredible foursome are on the rise? If so great. If not. .

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Somehow we will all get through this and so will they. :drama:

The only time 'likes' bug me is when someone 'likes' something shady that is going to cause someone else grief. Half the time the only person it ends up causing grief for is the person liking the comment!

It is not easy to be 17. Nor is it easy to be the person trying to tell a 17 year old what to do all day every day.

Personal story - My 17 yr old niece is on the debate team at her school. They were going to debate the merits of the death penalty. She PASSIONATELY wanted to argue on the side of an issue that she is emotionally invested in due to her personal beliefs. She had to argue the other side. She felt like she didn't do well. Her team lost. The other team made fun of them. There were tears. :cry:

This coincided with the night we were supposed to have dinner to celebrate her (belated) birthday. Sister-in-law calls and says niece is upset and doesn't want to come. I say don't make her. We'll go out for dinner another time and I will give her the present I got for her then. All of this over a high school debate, but in her mind it was the GPF. :(

Alina, Eteri, Leysan & Grandmother all deserve a :ghug:

:eek:topic:
I remember when we were studying Police Academy we did those things too, and usually the purpose was to put people with one opinion to defend the opposite cause. The purpose was to try staying factual and objective, without personal allegations etc. But it often turned the other way. Like "should a student attend lectures or the literature is enough? And the people who didn't attend lectures were defending the opinion that you should attend them. And it came to the arguing like "why are you telling me I should attend lectures when you don't" etc. :) It was funny of course, but sometimes the topics were more serious. It wasn't so funny then.

Decoder

On the Ice

The only time 'likes' bug me is when someone 'likes' something shady that is going to cause someone else grief. Half the time the only person it ends up causing grief for is the person liking the comment!

It is not easy to be 17. Nor is it easy to be the person trying to tell a 17 year old what to do all day every day.

Personal story - My 17 yr old niece is on the debate team at her school. They were going to debate the merits of the death penalty. She PASSIONATELY wanted to argue on the side of an issue that she is emotionally invested in due to her personal beliefs. She had to argue the other side. She felt like she didn't do well. Her team lost. The other team made fun of them. There were tears. :cry:

This coincided with the night we were supposed to have dinner to celebrate her (belated) birthday. Sister-in-law calls and says niece is upset and doesn't want to come. I say don't make her. We'll go out for dinner another time and I will give her the present I got for her then. All of this over a high school debate, but in her mind it was the GPF. :(

Lovely story! Your niece might remember this birthday dinner more than others.

Scott512

Record Breaker
It's going to be hard for her to avoid the IG post you are referring to here.
There was a story in the Russian press about it.
Damn. This is getting crazy. I'm so glad I'm not on Instagram or Twitter Facebook is bad enough here in America especially with all the political things going on.

Not trying to add to this drama after GPF, but just something I noticed is that Eteri's liked basically all of Alina's ig posts except her last one...She also liked all of Daniil's posts besides his last one where he mentions Alina. She did however like Anna's newest post, and I bet she will like Sasha's and Alena's when they post...:rolleye:
What was Alina's last IG post?
:drama:
On one of the local Boston, MA sports stations they are always looking to see if Tom Brady has "liked" any Antonio Brown IG Posts.
They think he does this to "passive agressively" express his displeasure at the Patriots having released Brown early in the season.

And to think that some 40+ years ago when the internet was "invented" they had all these high ideals for its use.

Now it all comes down to 144 characters (or is it 288?) on twitter and how many "likes" you get.
the New England Patriots are great on the field and they're great at bending the rules. ;) but you make good points about the internet and how it was intended for good things.

Sorry your niece is going through that. But what's worse is that the winning debate team was not classy. Being a fan of this sport figure skating makes me glad because the participants the athletes are almost always total class and warriors to the bone.

Finley

Record Breaker
Sorry your niece is going through that. But what's worse is that the winning debate team was not classy. Being a fan of this sport figure skating makes me glad because the participants the athletes are almost always total class and warriors to the bone.

She's fine now. On to other dramas! :drama:
The other team were being brats for sure, but they are just kids. Kids being kids getting carried away in the moment. It's all good.

This is Alina's last post on IG -

https://www.instagram.com/p/B50wrdiJUaG/

She thanks her fans, her family, her sponsors and her coaches for all of their support. "together we will only move forward."

Instead of focusing on who has or hasn't liked it, lets pay attention to the fact that she has over 6,000 comments on it. I'm sure they aren't all supportive but that is a lot of love for our girl. I might even leave a comment just to add to the love fest!

Rexarcadia

On the Ice
You don't believe! There are whole commercial services available to boost your IG "influencer" status and value, and since IG is integral part of FB, who also own VK and what else of our 'indispensable' social media.
Their main servers have a complete picture of you, who you are, what you do, how you look (useful tool, this face recognition), what places you visit, what your income is, your spending pattern, your religion, sexual orientation, political preference and all your other private details you voluntarily gave them or they collected off you. You gave them your phone# for two-factor, so they can track your whereabouts minute by minute.

Only regulated by privacy laws, strong here, weak there, non-existent elsewhere. Vulnerable to hacking of accounts too. And these Big Brothers are untrustworthy by default.

I don't understand the relevancy of this post, but I feel the need to refute the misinformation. FB does not own VK, they are completely different companies. As for the rest of your claims (especially the ability to track location given only a phone number), please provide sources or else this comes across as unfounded fear-mongering.

Giltedge

Final Flight
I don't understand the relevancy of this post, but I feel the need to refute the misinformation. FB does not own VK, they are completely different companies. As for the rest of your claims (especially the ability to track location given only a phone number), please provide sources or else this comes across as unfounded fear-mongering.

With respect, this particular discussion seems to bear little relevance to being a fan of Alina. Perhaps a different region in Goldenskate?

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
photos from Instagram Alina Zagitova, also published in vk Eteri Tutberidze Group: https://vk.com/eteritutberidze?w=wall-97272391_232006

Oh am gee... I smell another scandal!
Will Masaru get jelly because Alina’s holding another doggie? they’ll probably have a talk about this!
The last photo also looks like the dog is daring Masaru: „You see me being cuddled? Come fight me!“ :D

But I’m happy Alina‘s smiling :)

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Oh am gee... I smell another scandal!
Will Masaru get jelly because Alina’s holding another doggie? they’ll probably have a talk about this!
The last photo also looks like the dog is daring Masaru: „You see me being cuddled? Come fight me!“ :D

But I’m happy Alina‘s smiling :)

I read in the comments it's Sabina's dog, apparently? My Russian is very basic, but that's what I think I read. :laugh: