Alina Zagitova | Page 1026 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Aichwan

Rinkside
In particular case consider your self lucky that you don't speak Russian. About the translations they don't pass the texture and colure of the voice etc. About the disrespectful part, she passed that regarding Alina more than once (Go check coloremyworld240 comment in RL thread to have a small sample).

No one here denies the achievements of TAT some 20 years ago or her knowledge. Better though is to ask this things on different thread I think. We can have a fruitful conversion there.

I'm sad that I don't speak Russian but at the same time a bit glad lol cuz I can avoid this sort of hurtful commentary. I truly despise the sort of negativity & ill wishes that many russian skaters receive ( cuz lets be honest here, we know Alina is not the only one who's been subject of smear campaigns)
I'm here to support the talented athletes, like Alina, and not the adults involved in this situation. Honestly, many FS experts/coaches seem to act less mature than their students. They should learn how to handle things with class from them lol

Briananing

On the Ice
I honestly dont think she would retire just yet. I mean from the start of this season you could tell that she is still hungry, no matter what she is trying to tell herself not to. I mean she never have the long awaited break after the olympic, she constantly need to prove herself not just to the world but to rusfed and skating elites that she is not a fluke and she would not run away with the gold. By skating in shows hopefully her non jump element would improve as well, like her skating skills and her skating posture. I wish she would not bent over so much and it would greatly help her PCS in the long run. And yes she needs atleast a 3A or a quad to remain competitive.

By the way that GPF performance was a bit of disaster so yes she would be back. Though her comeback probably would be a hard one too. Kim is one of the very few who made a succesful comeback by winning the world right after but even then, the judges and the industry were already cold to her. So many rumours and smear campaign were being thrown at her, which is what already happen to alina right now. But hopefully despite all of that, the judges would score her fairly.

Lastly, i hope alina would get a pysicological help. I think the comments by russian skating elites and the media for these past 2 years could get into her head. She endured so much, she never lash out even during the most ridiculous interviews, she even tried not to show much of her happines after winning OGM from her elder teamate. Really how could a 15 year old kid could be this considerate and graceful.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
By skating in shows hopefully her non jump element would improve as well, like her skating skills and her skating posture.
Improving her skating skills would be very hard. I see only Huzuru Hanyu with better ones.

Edwin and Finley, I am pleased she will have an interview with Urgant. Though I don't speak Russian, therefore rely on often meaningless, sometimes funny automatic translation, he seems to be an intelligent, considerate interviewer.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Improving her skating skills would be very hard. I see only Huzuru Hanyu with better ones.

Edwin and Finley, I am pleased she will have an interview with Urgant. Though I don't speak Russian, therefore rely on often meaningless, sometimes funny automatic translation, he seems to be an intelligent, considerate interviewer.

There will be a full transcript and discussion in the e-media later, no word will escape scrutiny.

vnana

Rinkside
In particular case consider your self lucky that you don't speak Russian. About the translations they don't pass the texture and colure of the voice etc. About the disrespectful part, she passed that regarding Alina more than once (Go check coloremyworld240 comment in RL thread to have a small sample).

No one here denies the achievements of TAT some 20 years ago or her knowledge. Better though is to ask this things on different thread I think. We can have a fruitful conversion there.

Totally agree with you. TAT is an excellent choreographer and most importantly, she has so much influence on russian figure skating. So she must be responsible for her words.
It's truth that she kept insulting Alina these years. I think these impolite words made her followers discredit Alina. They weren't worried about being punished, because at some point, saying harsh words to Alina was political correctness(and still is). So TAT must realize what she has done is totally wrong, she CANNOT use her power to abuse a little girl.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
But lets not forget she is a sport commentator

She's a crappy commentator, that's why people petitioned to 1TV management to have her removed. Her reply? Instead of acknowledging that there at least might have been some fault on her side, she insulted the viewers that wanted her gone.

Look, time has passed, opinions change and feelings subside.
TAT's hate towards Eteri & Alina has not.

Again, to my knowledge after all the Olympic season drama passed ( I do not speak russian, so I'm based of interview/comments that have been tranlated) she's been a lot more complementary towards Alina and has said good things about her.
You are 100% wrong in this. Even when she praised Alina, it was practically always in a passive-aggressive and demeaning manner.

You might not care about "what that disgusting hypocrite has to say" but a lot of ppl do, she is a decorated Russian coach with many achievements; her job is to comment on FS matters, so she did. There is no need to be disrespectful.
Her previous achievements do not give her a carte blanche for ANYTHING. Respect has to be earned, every single day. TAT might want to learn from Alina here.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
More on Alina's appearance in a public rehearsal of the Navka show: https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-...-mneniye-navki---foto-video-instagram-tvitter

The recent publicity, both wanted and unwanted will no doubt probably give the attendance of the show a boost. There are already initiative being taken for a flashmob in support of Alina at the farewell performance, January 7.

RE: TAT commentating on Zagitova, even if the words were chosen carefully and look nice on paper, the tone of voice, infliction always had a denigrating or condescending undertone. Indeed it appears she can't help herself as JazzUp suggested.

Aichwan

Rinkside
She's a crappy commentator, that's why people petitioned to 1TV management to have her removed. Her reply? Instead of acknowledging that there at least might have been some fault on her side, she insulted the viewers that wanted her gone.

You are 100% wrong in this. Even when she praised Alina, it was practically always in a passive-aggressive and demeaning manner.

Her previous achievements do not give her a carte blanche for ANYTHING. Respect has to be earned, every single day. TAT might want to learn from Alina here.

If u read my responses above I have already addressed this. I DO NOT, and repeat, DO NOT condone the kind of negative comments she made about Alina. Like I have stated, all I have is access to is english translated comments where she was more positive than negative as in late.
It is unfortunate that this is not the case.

Reality is that ALL of the adults involved in these controversies are making inflammatory comments and spreading misinformation that are hurting many of their top ladies skaters. This has to stop.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Thank you Vnana and JazzUp for this information.
Eteri Tutberidze must have been very upset, particularly on behalf of her pupil, not only by the declarations of those "well-wishers" after the announcement of Alina Zagitova's end of season, but by what was ongoing before, particularly with some coaches who tried to do with her what they had "nearly achieved" with Evguenia Medvedeva : putting her at odds with Team Tutberidze and attract her in one of their teams. They had not wholly succeeded with Evguenia Medvedeva, first because she knew better than switching from a successful Russian coach to a less successful Russian coach, she wanted the "best other coach" and got it; second, because Evguenia Medvedeva knew some English; third because she was a major in age who could more easily go abroad alone. They hoped to succeed with Alina because she is less "Western-oriented", doesn't speak as much English, and is still a minor for some time. What they didn't understand is that she is a loyal and loving heart, plus she was let alone, "abandoned" by her older sister and model at 15 and wouldn't want to do the same to her own "little sisters" she is so fond of; and I strongly doubt, even if this had no weigh in her decision because it was already taken, she is not aware of her team's excellence compared to others.
Off-topic, I wonder now if Alexei Mishin's PR around Elizabeta Tuktamisheva was not aimed chiefly at Alina Zagitova, a "look! Here you can learn a quad whatever your age!" Rather ugly towards the latter, IMO.

Wow Dizzy this amazing post could put some people in a tizzy.

One thing we know for sure eteri is pissed off! And a Alina adores her little sisters in addition to her real little sister. ;)

Finley

Record Breaker
More on Alina's appearance in a public rehearsal of the Navka show: https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-...-mneniye-navki---foto-video-instagram-tvitter

The recent publicity, both wanted and unwanted will no doubt probably give the attendance of the show a boost. There are already initiative being taken for a flashmob in support of Alina at the farewell performance, January 7.

RE: TAT commentating on Zagitova, even if the words were chosen carefully and look nice on paper, the tone of voice, infliction always had a denigrating or condescending undertone. Indeed it appears she can't help herself as JazzUp suggested.

Navka -

Navka talked with fans and journalists. The champion of Turin - 2006 answered for herself and for Alina.

“She takes a temporary timeout, a break. Each person has his own path. She's probably tired. In her 17 years, Alina won all that is possible. She obeyed all the pedestals of world championships. Now she is busy preparing for exams, the exam, wants to go to university. I am simply amazed at this wise, smart girl, whose intuition is so developed at the age of 17. She knows what she needs in life. I am one hundred percent sure that Alina will still prove herself. No one says she is leaving, she just takes a break.

:thank:

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
In hindsight, I think all the things Alina went through helped her a lot.
Partially, I’m glad that worlds 2018 did not work out.
During the last season Alina started growing, and it was hard, and she was constantly fighting herself, there were self-doubt, her tiredness from Olympics.
But because she fought through that she learned something about herself - that she can go through these hardships and come out as a winner.
Had she won Worlds in 2018 and took a break straight after, I think she wouldn’t have learned that about herself, and she wouldn’t have fought these hardships as hard as she did.
So IÂ’m glad they managed to persuade Alina to push through during the last season. It taught Alina that dreams come true and it’s all in her power to make them true.