Alina Zagitova | Page 1064 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, I agree!! I think that Alina just has to lose a couple of pounds (it's not like she's overweight but I do think that her upper body has to be a bit leaner). I am so excited though :)

A couple pounds? Try 6. That's what the word is anyway. And to ask someone who's won everything in her sport to lose 6 pounds is asking a lot. Is it worth it for Alina to lose 6 pounds or more to be able to do quad and triple axels? And she goes for it and doesn't I'll support her and if she doesn't I'll support her. But it's going to be very hard for Alina to ever be as small and slight as 3A or Rika or Alysa are.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
I thought discussing weight was not acceptable... and in fan fest nonetheless?

Alina is a woman, not a child anymore, she has grown, she has body of adult now. That is how it is. She can get more muscle... but losing weight so much weight for her is impossible imho to do in healthy way.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I thought discussing weight was not acceptable... and in fan fest nonetheless?

Alina is a woman, not a child anymore, she has grown, she has body of adult now. That is how it is. She can get more muscle... but losing weight so much weight for her is impossible imho to do in healthy way.

In this instance weight is important because if Alina is going to do quads and 3As she will have to lose several lbs and I don't think I want her to do that.And VH as you pointed out Alina is a woman now and that will make losing Santo pounds even harder for her. The main thing is she's coming back next season and that's exciting and thrilling for all of us.

I don't know why doing a triple axel is not feasible for Alina even without losing weight.

Zagipatra

On the Ice
Thanks! But that's not the transcription of Eteri's interview, right?

Update: Eteri herself has posted this interview.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Thanks! But that's not the transcription of Eteri's interview, right?

Update: Eteri herself has posted this interview.

Best wait for a native Russian with good intentions to provide a translation :)

All the serious press and even more the yellow pages/gossip press and haters' channels will jump on both Alina's and Eteri's parts and tear them apart word-by-word.

Finley

Record Breaker
Nice quote from an interview with Sergei Shakhrai -

Silver medalist of the 1980 Olympic Games in pair skating, Sergey Shakhrai, who visited SE, noted that Olympic champion Alina Zagitova needs to sort out herself in order to fully return to the competitions.

“Now there is such a situation in women's single skating that girls become veterans of sports at the age of 15-17 (to say nothing of Elizaveta Tuktamysheva),” said Shakhrai. “Zagitova was given a hard time, because no matter what decision she makes, they criticize it or are unhappy. Alina is an Olympic champion and a world champion. Let her calmly figure out what is happening to her."

"Let's see what happens in the next two years, maybe she will be ready for the next Olympics. Zagitova just needs to accumulate strength to take the next step. She needs even more interesting programs, because her skill has increased.

What is the phenomenon of folk love for her? She has a personality on the ice without even jumping. She makes you want to admire her, it will be a pity if she leaves completely".

This reminded me of Kurt Browning saying that Alina was one of the few skaters he would watch without jumps.