Alina Zagitova | Page 102 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Finley

Record Breaker

Thank you for these! What a wonderful thing to wake up to :)

Also, because it cannot be said enough, the Japanese fans & media are absolutely wonderful! So nice to see their love, positivity and appreciation towards Alina and all the skaters really. Take notes, Russian media!

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Thank you for these! What a wonderful thing to wake up to :)

You are very welcome!:biggrin:

Seeing her SOI and other EX programs, I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way but I really think that this is a time of evolution and development for Alina, and using these performances she is finding her own artistic personality. I am watching her skating free, and expressing herself on the ice. She's only 15 and she's growing so fast as a skater, it's insane. :luv17:

waran

Rinkside
Hi! I usually don’t post but enjoy reading discussions about figure skating!
Here’s a translation of a part of the following TV program in which Alina appeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV4n6Ir9NGw&t=511s

Sorry my English is not so good, and there may be some misinterpretations because I translated from Japanese, not directly from what Alina said in Russian. (Any correction is welcomed!)
I hope this can be a little help to understand what she talked. Alina is truly an amazing girl!:luv17:

Q: Is it the first time for you to come to Japan in spring?
A: Yes, I’m glad I could see sakura.

Q: Was the Olympic a special experience for you?
A: The competition itself was not so different from others in terms of preparation, but the atmosphere of the venue was something special.

Q: At the interview, you said it is important to skate clean and love figure skating. Why are you so mature in your age?
A: To be honest it’s not that I loved skating from the very beginning. When I was a little child I didn’t like training so much and often cried. However, my coaches led me to love figure skating.

Q: You look like a ballerina on ice, and Russia is famous for ballet. Do you like ballet or have you ever learned it?
A: My mother encouraged me to try different things, and ballet was one of those.

Q: You live in Moscow since you are 12. Do you miss your family?
A: I have many feelings about it and I used to cry every day. But gradually I found my motivation for figure skating. I’m happy if I can support my family through skating. My grandmother is a big help for me. She learned about figure skating while watching my practice and competitions, and now she even can give me some advice.

Q: There is a Pooh doll in the pictures. What do you think about Yuzuru Hanyu?
A: I think he is a very strong person.

Q: Can I ask your ideal type of boyfriend?
A: To be honest, I have not thought about it. I don’t think it’s a good question.

Then, an Akita dog appeared and they talked about the reason why she likes Akita dog and the difference in pet shops between Japan and Russia.

Q: Did you find something interesting in Japanese fashion?
A: I noticed that many girls were wearing a wide-type pants, so I got this one for me.

They introduced some of her favorite things, Rilakkuma and sushi. She said 5 boxes of presents including plushies from fans were already delivered to the venue in Yokohama, even though the ice shows have not started yet in there. She tried sushi from Kyubei, a very famous sushi restaurant. She said she likes salmon sushi.

Sorry for the long post!
Hopefully, I will try to post part 2, if there seems to be no other translated version.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Hello, waran, and thank you for translating this for us!

A: I have many feelings about it and I used to cry every day. But gradually I found my motivation for figure skating. I’m happy if I can support my family through skating.

This part really touched my soul. :sad46::luv17:

Scott512

Record Breaker
You are very welcome!:biggrin:

Seeing her SOI and other EX programs, I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way but I really think that this is a time of evolution and development for Alina, and using these performances she is finding her own artistic personality. I am watching her skating free, and expressing herself on the ice. She's only 15 and she's growing so fast as a skater, it's insane. :luv17:

You are not alone. I feel the same. Alina is growing physically and mentally adding maturity to her outlook on life and with her career.

VenusHalley

Final Flight
Is it just me... or is she developing bit of womanly curves? Could be just the dresses... but gone is that spidery child in awkward red tutu... and she is developing into a young woman. Hopefully, she does not go against this development and capitalizes on it. She looks real ethereal here... and it's nice to see her in program that allows her flow and glide instead of cramming in elements and transitions. She looks almost like a different person here compared to her programs this past season.

Finley

Record Breaker
Is it just me... or is she developing bit of womanly curves? Could be just the dresses... but gone is that spidery child in awkward red tutu... and she is developing into a young woman. Hopefully, she does not go against this development and capitalizes on it. She looks real ethereal here... and it's nice to see her in program that allows her flow and glide instead of cramming in elements and transitions. She looks almost like a different person here compared to her programs this past season.

I agree. She is literally growing in front of our eyes. As an artist and a performer as well as a person. It's lovely to see her skating programs that have room to breathe.

tomc100

Rinkside

She definitely has curves now, especially in the chest area. That might throw her balance off. I hope they don't make her wear a tutu for the next season.

Elucidus

Match Penalty
Q: Is it the first time for you to come to Japan in spring?
A: Yes, I’m glad I could see sakura.

Russian speaker here. Actually she said: "I already said that in interview, and yes, this is very beautiful. I am just.. blooming together with sakura!" :) It seems japanese translator there have rather shallow knowledge of Russian and she can't translate words different from standart business lexicon.

Q: Can I ask your ideal type of boyfriend?
A: To be honest, I have not thought about it. I don’t think it’s a good question.

Actually she said: "To be honest, I have not thought about it. It's a very strange question."

Scott512

Record Breaker
OMG - that performance with Alina, Evgenia, and Kaetlyn was so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes - thank you so much you 3 ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS skaters!!!!
It was amazing skating. Alinka looks so grown up not 15. I hope she is enjoying it all.

Scott512

Record Breaker
She definitely has curves now, especially in the chest area. That might throw her balance off. I hope they don't make her wear a tutu for the next season.

You know I was thinking the same thing she's definitely bigger than she was at the beginning of the season and taller too. Alina is still slim and in great physical condition great shape for skating. But the curves and booty are coming and it's going to be hard to stop. Seeing her skating in that lovely dress makes her look more like a woman than a girl. In the end it won't make much difference because she's still going to be in great shape and she still going to be able to retain her skill set while adding more artistry and maturity to her skating. I think puberty will be very good to her.

Yea tomc no tutu next season. Agreed.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Russian speaker here. Actually she said: "I already said that in interview, and yes, this is very beautiful. I am just.. blooming together with sakura!" :) It seems japanese translator there have rather shallow knowledge of Russian and she can't translate words different from standart business lexicon.

Actually she said: "To be honest, I have not thought about it. It's a very strange question."

I'm glad the boyfriend question for Alina Zagitova has been put to the side. She can focus on skating and her career that will make a lot of her fans ( Madison) happy. Although I wouldn't really care if she had a boyfriend or a guy frend she's only Human After All. these next four years are very important to Alinas career and Legacy and I bet her focus will be on point.

lusk8

Record Breaker
Hi! I usually don’t post but enjoy reading discussions about figure skating!
Here’s a translation of a part of the following TV program in which Alina appeared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV4n6Ir9NGw&t=511s

Sorry my English is not so good, and there may be some misinterpretations because I translated from Japanese, not directly from what Alina said in Russian. (Any correction is welcomed!)
I hope this can be a little help to understand what she talked. Alina is truly an amazing girl!:luv17:

Hopefully, I will try to post part 2, if there seems to be no other translated version.

Thank you sooooo much for this. Was really curious about what was being asked and what her answers were. You are a life saver. Would love to read your translation of the rest.

I thought she was asked something about 2022 Olympics or about her future plans for skating, but since I can't speak Japanese or Russian I'm not sure.

:thumbsup:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Alina, Akita, Alina, Akita :confused:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhQfZwGAv6U/?hl=ro&tagged=alinazagitova

Also, Alina has updated her instagram page stories, with some pics with the gifts she received from her fans :love:

I agree, we are seeing our dearest Alina becoming a woman, and this is a beautiful stage of life for her. It's quite spectacular, her transformation, to be honest. But I agree with you, Scott512, and I do think that the puberty will be good to her, as far as I can see from her EXs, she still has the jumps, the spins, and just added to them a different style of performing and...many smiles. And I am happy to see her happy. :yahoo::luv17:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Alina, Akita, Alina, Akita :confused:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BhQfZwGAv6U/?hl=ro&tagged=alinazagitova

Also, Alina has updated her instagram page stories, with some pics with the gifts she received from her fans :love:

I agree, we are seeing our dearest Alina becoming a woman, and this is a beautiful stage of life for her. It's quite spectacular, her transformation, to be honest. But I agree with you, Scott512, and I do think that the puberty will be good to her, as far as I can see from her EXs, she still has the jumps, the spins, and just added to them a different style of performing and...many smiles. And I am happy to see her happy. :yahoo::luv17:

Well said.

Alina looks a bit different with her hair flowing long and not tied up in a bun. It makes her skating look different and more beautiful. She is smiling alot isnt she. :)