Alina Zagitova | Page 1024 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Finley

Record Breaker
Oh, wow. I am so happy to hear someone finally standing up for Alina, against all the bs TAT has been saying about her for years.
Utterly delighted. :clap:
so overdue!

I know right! It's a little like Christmas coming early!

Here we have a supportive comment from Maxim Trankov on Daniil's IG post. If he keeps this up we will have to make him president of the fan club! -

Глейх!!! Вы просто с другой планеты! От души!!!

Translation: Gleikh!!! You are just from another planet! From the heart!!! :laugh:

Finley

Record Breaker
Tatiana Navka being lovely -

" She takes a temporary timeout, a break. Each person has his own way, his own intuition, she’s probably tired, she won everything that it was possible to win for the skater, athlete in her 17 years, she conquered all the podiums of the world championships,” Tatyana Navka said

“I am simply amazed at this wise, clever girl, at 17 she knows so much what she needs in this life, I am 100% sure that she will show herself. Nobody says that she is leaving, she just takes a breather ” Navka noted.

Sources: https://tvzvezda.ru/news/sport/content/201912141549-t ..
https://sport24.ru/news/other/2019-12-14-zagitova-isp ..
https: // instagram. com / navka_show

Tatiana please get Alina's hairstyle sorted out for the upcoming shows. :pray:

vnana

Rinkside
To be honest, I was shocked by team Tututberidze's response. It's so straightforward and provocative. But I love it!!!!
It reminds me of these russian professionals's harsh words. I don't know how Alina came through the worst period. I'm so touched that after all these crisis, she is still our kind, beautiful girl.
They should show some respect and stop bullying her.
Meanwhile, Denill's words shows that Alina will never leave this excellent team. I'll always support them. I believe they will bring more surprise to us. Just wait for Alina!!!

Finley

Record Breaker
To be honest, I was shocked by team Tututberidze's response. It's so straightforward and provocative. But I love it!!!!
It reminds me of these russian professionals's harsh words. I don't know how Alina came through the worst period. I'm so touched that after all these crisis, she is still our kind, beautiful girl.
Meanwhile, Denill's words shows that Alina will never leave this excellent team. I'll always support them. I believe they will bring more surprise to us. Just wait for Alina!!!

My favorite reaction from Tumblr: "Wow. Sis snapped!" :laugh:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Please, Scott, we don't need that here. :pray:

I'm doing that too, from time to time. I like reading the posts from Alina's junior season, when I wasn't here yet. I've noticed Alina for the first time when I saw her junior worlds free skate and that definitely made me a figure skating fan. Before that moment it was only growing in me, but that was the one moment. :)

Please make a note if you will find something you would like.

Her last year of Juniors and first two years of seniors are truly unbelievable and so memorable. Alina really came on like gangbusters as a junior and it carried over to seniors.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker

Less provocative than "wellwishers" comments yet I do not think it was really from Eteri Tutberidze, rather from a fan, wasn't it?

And, I side by Decoder too.
She knew she needed a year "off" on competitive grounds and said it so at the beginning of the season. Yet it was only rational speaking, now she knows how it feels not to be on the podium (Worlds 18 were so special, after all the drama around Evguenia Medvedeva, she had lost her older sister.), hence probably her loss of motivation. And now too, she may well have strong commendation from doctors to have a halt. Why compromising her 2020 come back by competing at Nationals where, given the notation, even Elizabeta Tuktamisheva may be ahead of her? Of course this means remaining away from Europeans and Worlds this season, but then, once she has got the recess she needs to heal and rest instead of exhausting herself for worse than nothing (crap comments) — and maybe go to a burnout, she will be able to train more efficiently all the ultra-C elements she gan have next season. Then she will be "in the race" and competing for medals with the other "4 As" and Rika Kihira.
Of course we cannot be 100% sure she will come back. But I really think she will try hard to get ultra-C elements, and will come back next season only if she has at least one consistent. It will need her, maybe more work than others, if her jump technique is not ready for these elements, and her retreat from Europeans and Worlds will certainly help. She will be "alone" at Khrustalny then. ;-)

vnana

Rinkside
Less provocative than "wellwishers" comments yet I do not think it was really from Eteri Tutberidze, rather from a fan, wasn't it?

And, I side by Decoder too.
She knew she needed a year "off" on competitive grounds and said it so at the beginning of the season. Yet it was only rational speaking, now she knows how it feels not to be on the podium (Worlds 18 were so special, after all the drama around Evguenia Medvedeva, she had lost her older sister.), hence probably her loss of motivation. And now too, she may well have strong commendation from doctors to have a halt. Why compromising her 2020 come back by competing at Nationals where, given the notation, even Elizabeta Tuktamisheva may be ahead of her? Of course this means remaining away from Europeans and Worlds this season, but then, once she has got the recess she needs to heal and rest instead of exhausting herself for worse than nothing (crap comments) — and maybe go to a burnout, she will be able to train more efficiently all the ultra-C elements she gan have next season. Then she will be "in the race" and competing for medals with the other "4 As" and Rika Kihira.
Of course we cannot be 100% sure she will come back. But I really think she will try hard to get ultra-C elements, and will come back next season only if she has at least one consistent. It will need her, maybe more work than others, if her jump technique is not ready for these elements, and her retreat from Europeans and Worlds will certainly help. She will be "alone" at Khrustalny then. ;-)

It's not Tutberidze personal account, but this account is always regarded as their team's official account. Denill mentioned this post in his instagram, so it's an official statement and this response is so " Tutberidze"
I actually do not consider her competitors right now, because for Alina, it's a journey to find herself again. Figure skaters are lonely actually, when they stand on the ice. The only thing they can do is to fight for themselves and conquer themselves rather than beat others.
It's said that Alina considered to give up figure skating more than 7 times. It's normal that she gets tired and want to escape for a while. But I believe she is a fighter and will come back.
If she couldn't come back at last. That's ok, because she already has a perfect career. She is literally the most successful female skaters in Russia.

AudreyElise

Rinkside
I'm really sad to see Alina go. I would have loved to see Me Voy one more time. It was my favorite program she's ever done. But I hope she has a lot of fun with her new Sleeping Beauty ice show and her collab with Shiseido, she deserves it!♥️

harimaron

Rinkside
I really hope she's not retiring yet (although if it's what she really wants to do, then will support her, a little sadly). She said it's a break, so I wonder what will actually happen... I think she would greatly benefit from a coach change at this point in her career.

Briananing

On the Ice
Honestly, what is TAT problem with alina ? It s not like she has any competitive skater who could rival alina right now like when yuna/mao thingy happened in the past. It s just a bit weird how she favored zhenya so much but keep slighting alina after the olympic when zhenya was not even her pupil. And it s not like alina OGM was a fluke either, she proved it by winning world and gpf as well. And regardless of what happened, the medals are for russia.

Aichwan

Rinkside
Honestly, what is TAT problem with alina ? It s not like she has any competitive skater who could rival alina right now like when yuna/mao thingy happened in the past. It s just a bit weird how she favored zhenya so much but keep slighting alina after the olympic when zhenya was not even her pupil. And it s not like alina OGM was a fluke either, she proved it by winning world and gpf as well. And regardless of what happened, the medals are for russia.

As a human being, is normal to have favoritism. Obviously, TAT has a longer and closer relationship with the other skater than with Alina and this played a part in why she made those comments after the Olympics. Yes, in my opinion she shouldn't have made those comments, but, unfortunately, whether u like it or not, every1 is entitled to an opinion. Also lets not forget to comment on this matters is part of her job. Nevertheless, after all that olympic drama passed, I have only heard her say nice things about Alina. She even mentioned of how sad she is to see such a talented lady step back from competing at such a young age. Perhaps, there is more to the story behind the scenes but we don't know that. From what I've seen she's been supportive of Alina more than she's has not.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
but, unfortunately, whether u like it or not, every1 is entitled to an opinion. Also lets not forget to comment on this matters is part of her job.
No, when you're a tv commenter, you have to forget about your favourites. Plus, she did an exceptionally crap job of commenting, wailing "I don't want the little one to win!" hysterically after Alina's win, instead of congratulating her on the well deserved victory.

Nevertheless, after all that olympic drama passed, I have only heard her say nice things about Alina.
That's absolutely not true.

She even mentioned of how sad she is to see such a talented lady step back from competing at such a young age.

No one in their right mind cares what this disgusting hypocrite says.

she's been supportive of Alina more than she's has not.
Again, not true at all.

Havi

Rinkside
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6FwhffJ0BC/

Alina Zagitova:"Following my latest TV appearance I am getting a lot of questions about "what all this means" and "why I retired". Yesterday I was feeling worried and I could not manage to deliver my thoughts clearly. For me Figure Skating is my life and professional sport is all about what I always worked for and continue working for since I was 4 years old. All my achievements, including Olympic gold and WC gold, are not accidental. For all my life I will be very grateful to my coaches for the tremendous job we have done and I am not planning either to stop or "retire". I am still part of team Russia and still I can take part in international competitions for team Russia. I am continuing my figureskating way with the great support from my coaches"

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
To requote this post, since Alina just said she is not even considering to retire! :)
I mean, she actually just needs to rest, and she needs time to be able to learn new jumps. I think she’s not being conclusive on it, because she herself isn’t sure she can do it just yet, so she doesn’t want to promise that she’ll learn a quad, but I believe she’s planning to give it one more try after having some rest.

That’s why she formulated it somewhat vaguely, that she’s planning to learn new elements and transitions, and that learning new jumps will be hard.
Imo, they 100% worked on quads during summer, hence her jumps all got so big. But I think they realized a)summer time is not enough, they need to try more, and they need more time.
B) Alina really can’t go on like this without a break, she really needs to rest a little, to learn new jumps she’ll have to push herself even harder, and if they push her even harder right now, she’ll burn out.
And maybe part of the reason Alina had troubles learning them over the summer is because she’s tired.
So with her well deserved rest, she can be back to trying and learning new things again.

egoshina

On the Ice
Alina's trolling abilities are skyrocketing. :)
Interview on 1tv was vague with all the drama on the anchor part. 2 days of interviews from everyone followed, undeniably showing their true colours (who wants Alina's happiness and who is gloating about her retirement once again comparing her with a certain skater in a derogatory to Alina's manner). And here we go - clarifying post from Alina itself. :)

Vemvane

On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6FwhffJ0BC/

Alina Zagitova:"Following my latest TV appearance I am getting a lot of questions about "what all this means" and "why I retired". Yesterday I was feeling worried and I could not manage to deliver my thoughts clearly. For me Figure Skating is my life and professional sport is all about what I always worked for and continue working for since I was 4 years old. All my achievements, including Olympic gold and WC gold, are not accidental. For all my life I will be very grateful to my coaches for the tremendous job we have done and I am not planning either to stop or "retire". I am still part of team Russia and still I can take part in international competitions for team Russia. I am continuing my figureskating way with the great support from my coaches"

Alina has so much class - clarifying her position, gently but firmly defending her achievements, and expressing her gratitude to her coaches. Hopefully, this will blow over, and Alina will be able to enjoy her break from competition in peace.

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Thank you Vnana and JazzUp for this information.
Eteri Tutberidze must have been very upset, particularly on behalf of her pupil, not only by the declarations of those "well-wishers" after the announcement of Alina Zagitova's end of season, but by what was ongoing before, particularly with some coaches who tried to do with her what they had "nearly achieved" with Evguenia Medvedeva : putting her at odds with Team Tutberidze and attract her in one of their teams. They had not wholly succeeded with Evguenia Medvedeva, first because she knew better than switching from a successful Russian coach to a less successful Russian coach, she wanted the "best other coach" and got it; second, because Evguenia Medvedeva knew some English; third because she was a major in age who could more easily go abroad alone. They hoped to succeed with Alina because she is less "Western-oriented", doesn't speak as much English, and is still a minor for some time. What they didn't understand is that she is a loyal and loving heart, plus she was let alone, "abandoned" by her older sister and model at 15 and wouldn't want to do the same to her own "little sisters" she is so fond of; and I strongly doubt, even if this had no weigh in her decision because it was already taken, she is not aware of her team's excellence compared to others.
Off-topic, I wonder now if Alexei Mishin's PR around Elizabeta Tuktamisheva was not aimed chiefly at Alina Zagitova, a "look! Here you can learn a quad whatever your age!" Rather ugly towards the latter, IMO.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Off-topic, I wonder now if Alexei Mishin's PR around Elizabeta Tuktamisheva was not aimed chiefly at Alina Zagitova, a "look! Here you can learn a quad whatever your age!" Rather ugly towards the latter, IMO.

Mishin's halfhearted response to Zagitova's announcement:

"I wish her the same success in the future as she had when she was a teenager. Then she became a girl (devushka i.e. maiden), later she will be a wife and grandmother. And in all these moments I want to wish her great happiness." (TASS)
-----

Probably he presumed a retirement, which of course improves the chances of Tuktamysheva (and Samodurova)