Alina Zagitova | Page 1027 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Briananing

On the Ice
Improving her skating skills would be very hard. I see only Huzuru Hanyu with better ones.

Did you see adelina sotnikova skate these days ? I didnt agree with her gold medal, but she improve significantly after the olympic by performing on shows. Not her jump of course but her edges, turns, movement even her music interpretation. I know that everyone like to think alina is a little jumping machine, but she actually hear the music, has lovely positions and extension, just that her programs are always packed with transisition that she cant help but kept chasing the music and never really fully finished her movement before rushing to do the next one. That is also one of the reason that i hope she could jump a 3A or quad so that she would have the time to integrate to the music and unleashed her artisty component fully in competition as well.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The original posting on Zagitova's IG, with the Japanese translation, was later replaced by a new, even better worded one.

And indeed, the Japanese figure skaters are class :)

Autumn Leaves

On the Ice
I will never forget how Satoko, of all people, was the first to congratulate Alina on her Olympic medal.
Alina was alone with that doll, trying to hold her tears and her joy, everyone was comforting Evgenia and somehow forgot about Alina.
The announcement of the results meant that Satoko just lost her potential bronze and had to leave the "medal zone".
The first thing Satoko did was to touch Alina and warmly congratulate her, so I will love Satoko forever.

All the Japanese girls are lovely and are great competitors. Rika and Alina have always shown only respect for each other.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Did you see adelina sotnikova skate these days ? I didnt agree with her gold medal, but she improve significantly after the olympic by performing on shows. Not her jump of course but her edges, turns, movement even her music interpretation. I know that everyone like to think alina is a little jumping machine, but she actually hear the music, has lovely positions and extension, just that her programs are always packed with transisition that she cant help but kept chasing the music and never really fully finished her movement before rushing to do the next one. That is also one of the reason that i hope she could jump a 3A or quad so that she would have the time to integrate to the music and unleashed her artisty component fully in competition as well.
The last time I saw Adelina she was skating on Lake Baikul last winter and a very cool and very awesome scene. If you ever want to see it just Google her name and Lake Baikul. Adelina had a torn ankle ligament and surgery at age 18 and she was never the same after that. I see Alina lasting much longer than Adelina did. It hurt me to see the 2014 olympic gold medalist done at 18. But thats ports and thats life. Also getting attacked like she did online on her personal IG Twitter etc had to do untold damage to Adelinas mentality. Terrible. But Alina is so level headed and so calm that I see a much longer compeitive career for her if she wants it.
I will never forget how Satoko, of all people, was the first to congratulate Alina on her Olympic medal.
Alina was alone with that doll, trying to hold her tears and her joy, everyone was comforting Evgenia and somehow forgot about Alina.
The announcement of the results meant that Satoko just lost her potential bronze and had to leave the "medal zone".
The first thing Satoko did was to touch Alina and warmly congratulate her, so I will love Satoko forever.

All the Japanese girls are lovely and are great competitors. Rika and Alina have always shown only respect for each other.

That was a remarkable scene. Satoko just lost aan Olympic bronze metal and she went out of her way to congratulate Alina on her Olympic gold. It still hurts to think of how guilty Alina was for winning that Olympic gold and hid her feelings as much as she could.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Alina looking amazing, getting ready to go on the Urgant Show -

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6Iy_t0IwHq/

She's wearing the shoes from the Glamour Award show! She's definitely upped her shoe game!

Masaru is not amused at being left at home -

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6H4iJfoydE/

Buttons and Iriska are friends!

Urgant -

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6Ielxxon5e/

Never mind the shoes....

We finally have visual confirmation of Iriska!
She is not in "witness protection" as I had originally feared.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Too bad that Masaru was not invited back on the show.
I'm guessing that "mooning" the audience the last time was too much.

Don't blame poor Masaru for showing the audience her best side ;-) Dogs don't like all this movement, light and noise, perhaps some breeds even less than others.
I don't know the particulars of Akita, but here are some animated GIF's for decoration of your website or posting: https://tenor.com/view/alina-zagitova-masaru-pet-dog-shiba-gif-15177496

Tina Trusova is a very brave little doggie but must be stressed out often with her hyperactive mistress carrying her around everywhere.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
That was a remarkable scene. Satoko just lost aan Olympic bronze metal and she went out of her way to congratulate Alina on her Olympic gold. It still hurts to think of how guilty Alina was for winning that Olympic gold and hid her feelings as much as she could.

On NBC, I don't even remember them showing that. I remember that night on twitter the comments about how poor Alina was all alone.
Yet when the extended footage was shown, we saw that both Kaetlyn Osmond and Satoko Miyahara were there with Alina. And they congratulated her warmly. Amazing how TV can "manipulate" what the actual situation is.

Off topic a little....
Fast forward to 2018 Worlds. There were people on twitter that actually thought the audience was cheering when Alina fell!
Have they never watched skating before?!?! It was obvious that the crowd was encouraging her to continue.

Finley

Record Breaker
Never mind the shoes....

We finally have visual confirmation of Iriska!
She is not in "witness protection" as I had originally feared.

Iriska has been shaved. :eeking: No wonder they haven't posted any photos. Iriska would kill them in their sleep. :unsure:

More lovely Alina -

https://twitter.com/MarieHopeLegacy/status/1206598306341752833

With regard to the cheering of falls by skaters, one the moments that brought tears to my eyes at the GPF - the way the crowed literally willed Dmitry Aliev through his free program. That video really says it all about the best of FS fans.

lesnar001

Record Breaker
Iriska has been shaved. :eeking: No wonder they haven't posted any photos. Iriska would kill them in their sleep. :unsure:

Masaru swore that she was only going to "trim the sides" to make them more even.
Oops!

On a positive note, aren't Egyptian cats hairless?
Alina can really be Cleopatra now.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Russian Sphinx cats are naked, i.e. have no upper fur, only a very, very short bristly sort of stubble and I believe actually love taking a rinse in warm water.

I don't have twitter, but what breed is Alina's cat?