Alina Zagitova | Page 1067 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I didn't expect her to say "She was the most talented girl, I had ever seen" or "All of her jumps were just perfect".

But Alina clearly had some musicality in her (see those little hand moves in that performance from 2013 and her jumps which were perfectly timed to the music). So to say that there was NOTHING special besides her being a pretty girl, which let's be honest most little girls are and flexible, which most little girls are as well reminds me of what that impertinent sister of hers said about Yulia ("just spins").

Even having some musicality is not so rare among there girls, I would say. Again, understand that Eteri speaks about what could differ Alina from tens of other girls trying their luck and that is somehow advanced group by itself, its not the comparison with the armchair coaches and keyboard warriors, I mean general population :)

But of course, anybody should feel free to find that insulting and explain to Alina how she should feel about that :)

Zagipatra

On the Ice
Even having some musicality is not so rare among there girls, I would say. Again, understand that Eteri speaks about what could differ Alina from tens of other girls trying their luck and that is somehow advanced group by itself, its not the comparison with the armchair coaches and keyboard warriors, I mean general population :)

But of course, anybody should feel free to find that insulting and explain to Alina how she should feel about that :)

Again, I am not trying to tell Alina how she is supposed to feel about Eteri's words. I just thought it was interesting that her tone of speech was what it was about her most successful skater (who hasn't left her...). One would expect her to maybe add something slightly positive. I thought it was especially weird considering that she said in an interview with a German magazine (around the time of the Nebelhorn trophy challenger) that Alina is very talented.

I am not crying myself to sleep at night over that interview but going forward I do wonder what Eteri's plans with Alina are...
She noticeably has expanded her "Champions on Ice" shows (a new one in Sochi was announced today) and Alina is obviously a part of that show.
I am really curious to see whether Alina will be their cash cow for the next years to repay them for her Olympic Gold or if Eteri is really interested in helping Alina return. Considering that she has a whole Armada of young talented girls, Alina definitely isn't needed on her part and requires more work than the kids...

I will be happy to be wrong though :luv17:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Again, I am not trying to tell Alina how she is supposed to feel about Eteri's words. I just thought it was interesting that her tone of speech was what it was about her most successful skater (who hasn't left her...). One would expect her to maybe add something slightly positive. I thought it was especially weird considering that she said in an interview with a German magazine (around the time of the Nebelhorn trophy challenger) that Alina is very talented.

I am not crying myself to sleep at night over that interview but going forward I do wonder what Eteri's plans with Alina are...
She noticeably has expanded her "Champions on Ice" shows (a new one in Sochi was announced today) and Alina is obviously a part of that show.
I am really curious to see whether Alina will be their cash cow for the next years to repay them for her Olympic Gold or if Eteri is really interested in helping Alina return. Considering that she has a whole Armada of young talented girls, Alina definitely isn't needed on her part and requires more work than the kids...

I will be happy to be wrong though :luv17:

I don't think that Eteri isn't aware of the biggest critical voice against herself (that she is unable to lead and train "mature skaters"). Not that I consider this to be the only reason for her why to do her best for Alina, but I also don't think it's probable that she would be willing to put Aliína aside "just like that".

Another thing is that there is a possibility of the increasing the age eligibility for seniors, for such case it would be definitely advantageous to have Alina in competitive form.

So, even if I ommit everything alse and would look at Eteri only as an opportunist (which I evidently don't :) ), I don't think that she would consider it more useful to put Alina aside, because "she requires more work" or whatever. Remember that it was her who convinced Alina to try the beginning of the competitive season, why she would do that if she would think the way you suggest. As was said, programs she got for this season are very well-made. There is nothing that would anyhow show that Alina is an obstacle for Eteri or that she doesn't want to invest time and effort in her.

egoshina

On the Ice
Indeed, which is why I still find Eteri's accessment ("pretty and flexible") quiet insulting...

That is not what she said. Firstly, she even corrected the interviewer "Not pretty - beautiful. There are pretty and there are beautiful. She is beautiful."
Secondly, she didn't talk about flexible, she talked about Alina's natural ability to strike a pose, she had good feeling of her body and didn't need to be taught what to do with her limbs - she felt it.

Also, Eteri talked about Alina's loop, and that she could see a road from there, if Alina would work hard (which she did)! But mainly she saw Alina's desire to work, to improve.

So yes, it was not all rosy "OMG, that was the most talented child I'd ever seen" but it sort of was about seeing potential for what makes Alina so special now -- her charisma, which draws everyone in, it's unmatched.

Zagipatra

On the Ice
That is not what she said. Firstly, she even corrected the interviewer "Not pretty - beautiful. There are pretty and there are beautiful. She is beautiful."
Secondly, she didn't talk about flexible, she talked about Alina's natural ability to strike a pose, she had good feeling of her body and didn't need to be taught what to do with her limbs - she felt it.

Also, Eteri talked about Alina's loop, and that she could see a road from there, if Alina would work hard (which she did)! But mainly she saw Alina's desire to work, to improve.

So yes, it was not all rosy "OMG, that was the most talented child I'd ever seen" but it sort of was about seeing potential for what makes Alina so special now -- her charisma, which draws everyone in, it's unmatched.

Thanks for explaining (as you can tell, I don't understand Russian, unfortunately :eek:hwell: )

This year will definitely be interesting and probably answer all of our questions :)

Zagipatra

On the Ice
https://www.instagram.com/p/B9EQdSynhRa/

Did I understand this post correctly: Is Navka planing to show her Sleeping Beauty show in another city? She has tagged Teamzagitova :rolleye:
I think Alina had fun on that show but another run of the same show just seems boring to me. Plus, if she really intends to return to competition she needs time to practice...