Alina Zagitova | Page 1100 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Finley

Record Breaker
Alina the Ice Snow Lotus from Russia :) - photo from the article on udn.com

From the article dedicated to Alina's planned participation in the Art On Ice show in Taiwan:

P.S. Снежный лотос в Китае считается священным, способным собирать «небесную эссенцию». Легенды гласят, что этот цветок имеет душу и охраняется драконами, а попал он к нам на Землю из одного из созвездий Млечного Пути
⁣⁣
Translated from Russian -

PS The snow lotus in China is considered sacred, able to collect "heavenly essence." Legends say that this flower has a soul and is guarded by dragons, and it came to us on Earth from one of the constellations of the Milky Way

Finley

Record Breaker
Snow Lotus -

https://twitter.com/tamayura_yura/status/1268641808122122240

Translation -

Is Zagi-chan called "Snow Lotus Flower" in Chinese media?

Yurenbaku is a flower that blooms only in the highlands of the Tianshan Mountains and in the pure land. It is called the flower of God because of its preciousness, and the person who found it was happy that it was a good sign, and the Chinese emperor once used it as a medicine.

Name that looks good on Zagi-chan

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
From Alyona Vysotskaya's (junior coach in Khrustal'nyi) interview:

Alena Vysotskaya spoke about the love of her wards for Olympic champion Alina Zagitova.

“...This is a very cool moment when they communicate with senior athletes, champions, somewhere, somehow, even if it's in bits and for a brief moment. For example, when groups are changing on the ice during training. And it’s very cool, I can see it myself: the children are very enthusiastic about this, they constantly talk about Alina.

We have a cool motivation now: the ones born in 2015 are learning double jumps now, and for the one who is the first to learn, I will try to talk with Eteri Georgievna or Alina herself, so that the child has an opportunity to get a couple of photos together. Although photographs, in principle, are not so problematic - I know that Alina never refuses at all. But in order to communicate, to talk, the kids will prepare a couple of questions that are significant to them.

It is clear that learning double jumps is a long-term project, as long as they jump them, children can change their interests a hundred times. But all the same, it 'ignites' them for a period of time, there are children who care about it and are always asking for a meeting with Alina Zagitova - not just a brief one, when they're going from one training hall to another, but to sit on the sofa and chat for a while.

...You can see that the girls are not planning to stop skating any time soon. And you can see that Alina Zagitova really loves skating. This is her life. She loves ice, loves being on ice. This is also very important.” said Vysotskaya.

Full interview available here (English GT version, sorry, but it's readable); some interesting stuff about Eteri, Mishin, coaching process in Khrustal'nyi, etc.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Oh, that is heart-warming to read. It's a big responsibility for Alina, to be this role model for young skaters when she herself is still in her teens, but she is very gracious and kind to give the children time for photos and a little chat. From everything I have ever read about her, she is just a sweetheart, and very humble.

(Also, am I reading this correctly? Children born in 2015 are learning doubles?? Wow!)

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
Oh, that is heart-warming to read. It's a big responsibility for Alina, to be this role model for young skaters when she herself is still in her teens, but she is very gracious and kind to give the children time for photos and a little chat. From everything I have ever read about her, she is just a sweetheart, and very humble.

(Also, am I reading this correctly? Children born in 2015 are learning doubles?? Wow!)

Technically, Alina is no longer a teen herself, but an adult :)

But yeah, it must be very difficult to be so young yourself and have so many younger kids look up at you, trying to be like you, but Alina has always been a good role model on and off the ice :)

Finley

Record Breaker
From FSO-

"The charm of femininity" - the makeup of Zagitova was taken apart by the Japanese Elle Girl

https://inoprosport.ru/post/31657-ochar ... re_skating

The Japanese version of Elle Girl magazine highly characterized the makeup of figure skater Alina Zagitova for the short program “Me Voy” last season.

“Alina Zagitova is determined to demonstrate extremely flexible poses. Lace dress and raspberry lipstick reveal the charm of femininity. Smoky eyes ( “smoky eyes” - literally “smoky eyes”) is a makeup technique whose main highlight is to create the feeling that the eyes are enveloped in enveloping haze or veil ) create a deep look,” the article says.

Makeup artist Isao Ishii from the cosmetic company KOSE, who has collaborated with more than a hundred skaters for 10 years, named the main trends of the ice make-up of last season. The Russian skater fully corresponded to them.

“Natural makeup has been the mainstream of recent years, but recently it has become a trend to focus on the eyes and lips. Instead of red lipstick, you can use many other colors, for example, poppy seeds or other shades,” the Elle Girl quoted the Japanese as saying.