Alina Zagitova | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Here are some photos I took of Alina at the Junior Grand Prix Final in Marseille.

Outstanding performances, a well-deserved winner... and what a priviledge to have been there when she broke all the junior records...

At just 14, she has so much potential... very interested to see what the future holds for Alina...

j00mla

Made in USSR
Final Flight
New interview with Alina http://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/2828-alina-zagitova-pryzhki-eto-ochen-tyazhelo.html
and my translation of it:

- Alina, after the gold in the Grand Prix Final, for sure, there was a feeling that you are the strongest of all. It was hard to cope with it?
- I think there were opponents stronger than me, at the championship of Russia. Or at least equally strong. And it was difficult, of course, to be in the proper mood. I was worried, because this is a very serious start - selection for the Junior World Championships. But I was able to cope with my fears.

- Just before the start of the program, in warm up, you do cascade "3-3." A few people allow this to themselves.
- I warm up in the same way at my trainings, and do a lot of jumps generally, in order to do them better at competitions.

- It seems that you perform them very easily.
- This is a false feeling. In fact, jumping - it's very hard.

- In St. Petersburg you got scores which are not too differ from world records ...
- I am very happy with the scores, but still I have many shortcomings. I should show more emotions in programs . It's necessary to improve the footwork - rockers and counters.

- Favorite elements of figure skating - is ...
- ... Jumping.

- Evgenia Medvedeva on two consecutive tournaments frolics a little - then cascade "3-3-3", then supernumerary cascade. Did you think to follow the example?
- I wanted to. And I even did cascade "3-3-3-3" at the morning training.

- It turns out steadily?
- I can't say so. When in a good mood. But I didn't yet ventured at competitions. First I have to gain experience. Zhenya has it more.

- Did you try cascade of five triple jumps?
- Not yet. But I think I'll try.

- How are you going to surprise competitors, spectators and judges at the Junior World Championship?
- There you'll see. I will not reveal the secrets.

The Finn

Record Breaker
I can't understand why is Russian Fed sending Alina to EYOF. There is absolutely no point whatsoever to send her to this competition.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
EYOF?? what is it? :unsure:

European Youth Olympic Festival. The competition will be held in Turkey. It will start shortly, SP will be skated within a week or so. Since one country can send only one girl and one boy to this competition she will face no competition whatsoever.

RadioFan

Match Penalty
European Youth Olympic Festival. The competition will be held in Turkey. It will start shortly, SP will be skated within a week or so. Since one country can send only one girl and one boy to this competition she will face no competition whatsoever.

I hate these guys ... always grumbkle around nonsense. Why wouldn't they send her? Whom should have they send instead? Should have they send someone anyways?

The Finn

Record Breaker
Her SP score at the EYOF was very disappointing but the good thing that if failed SP had to happen somewhere EYOF was a lot better competition for that than Junior Worlds would be.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
What happened in SP? what scores did she get?

Pl.
Name
NationTSS
=
TES
+
PCS
+
SSTRPECOINDed.
-
StN.
1Alina ZAGITOVARUS58.3030.5828.727.257.007.107.307.251.00#6

But, be warned. Alina is alright, but there are differences between the results for some of the other skaters depending on which version of the Results Page you go to.

ISU SP Results Page:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/eyof2017/SEG003.HTM

Organisers' SP Results Page:
http://weyof2017.sportresult.com/nh/en/-360/Comp/Info/ResultList/FSW010201

Hope this helps

CaroLiza_fan