Alina Zagitova | Page 970 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

lesnar001

Record Breaker
I believe to have seen a fragment of this show with Keegan Messing as the star skater. He danced, sang along with the lead artist even IIRC. Keegan is a showman, perhaps even a showoff sometimes, and did very well, salto's, jumping skates first against the boarding, sliding over the boarding rail and all kinds of stunts.

Would be interesting what Alina Zagitova in her Lara Croft form will make of this, I somehow cannot imagine this calm and composed, perhaps even boring to some, Alina throwing circus tricks for the amusement of some audience? But perhaps she'll show us her 'wild side'?

Why would you even think she would have to do something like Keegan?

I saw a post-competition gala last season where he did a backflip.
Alina did not feel obligated to do a backflip in her gala.

Noreg16

On the Ice
This "fact" based on "if" has too much catches in it. In reality Alina's score is very high regularly thanks to high grades of execution she receives and that's a fact. You can't base estimations just on BV (as could have seen just today BTW :) ).

I never base anything on BV. I meant that Alina is gonna make gpf EVEN IF she loses to both Rika and Alyona which I DONT think is gonna happen. I was being positive unlike people doubting Alina. Anyway.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Finley, nussnacker, & many others - you guys are famous now! :) Quoted by Art Love, author of the YT channel that publishes videos with Alina that we enjoy so much! :biggrin:

here and here

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
Finley, nussnacker, & many others - you guys are famous now! :) Quoted by Art Love, author of the YT channel that publishes videos with Alina that we enjoy so much! :biggrin:

here and here

I need a PR agent, where's my team of assistants?! :cool14:
LOL, by the way... with the speed with which russian media goes to interview all those random people, famous or not, related to skating or not, I expect a call from channel 1 quite soon. :laugh2:
I'll be one of the many so called "experts" :laugh:

3.4k people read the first post alone? wow :luv17:

Finley

Record Breaker

here and here

This made me smile! I know I quote posts from FSO and even sometimes blogs from Sports.ru (when they are behaving themselves :dev2:) and bring them to this fanfest. It's nice to know that we are also providing interesting content to Alina fans on the other side of the world.

:thank:

It is good to have things that bring us together. :ghug:

Finley

Record Breaker
JazzUp, I don't remember seeing your wonderful translation of the Alina portion of the Inna Goncharenko interview in this thread. Hopefully, you don't mind me reposting it. It is just so nice to read. :love:

Interview with Inna Goncharenko - the gist of what they said about Alina:

Q: Well, we've discussed all the ladies except Alina Zagitova. We kept her for dessert, so to speak. One of the questions that pops up is how is it possible that first she was in excellent form at the test skates and then a month passed, she's again in that top form then and it turns out she has her next start a month later. Can you as a coach, explain how this is being done?

A: One can only say "Respect!" to Eteri that has streamlined the training process this way; she definitely doesn't give any easy time to anyone; and explains to everyone why it's required to be that way. It's sort of "Red terror" - why red? because it's fair. In a previous interview I was asked to evaluate Alina; I said that she looks professional; what I meant here, that she's more professional than others. It all adds up; an athlete of her level that has experience of different competitions, having passed through hell and high water, it is more difficult for them to always present themselves, that is, not to drop the level. There's also the problem of excess weight; and managing personal time; they get invited to TV and ice shows, etc - you have to be everywhere and you need to be so professional to manage your personal time in the first place and tune your emotions, your psyche correctly. And the way she does it - I think she's great, the girl is sharp and a beauty as well. And I think her tech elements that are very high-quality are enough for her; she performs beautiful programs at an excellent level, she gives us interesting imagery, that is, it will certainly be a high base value and good components. Well, I would like to wish good luck and health to her.

Q: Another question about Alina from the chat - "Will Alina be able to make the national team without any ultra-с elements?" - and you just said that she should not add any, if we understood you correctly?

A: I think at the moment no, because if she skates her programs with all the elements she has now, but on some kind of high energy level, like you know, when she stepped out, you could feel the strength; she's high class, and it draws you in - if she does that, then I think she doesn't need anything else. She does exactly what figure skating is - she gives a complete performance, from start to finish, like a finished piece of art. And it's great and it will be appreciated by the judges, no doubt. Will she require ultra-с to prove anything? well, she's already proved everything to everyone! She's an Olympic Champion already. She just needs to go out and do her magnificent stuff. Of course you never know how the cards play out and there's only one first spot - but it happens sometimes that the second and third places are somehow "golden" too. This is a sport and now her task is to be in it as an active athlete;

Q: So there's no competition between her and quadsters and Liza, and she doesn't have a problem with that?

A: I don’t see any girl of that caliber now, they are all still tiny; they are still trying to break in with their quads and prove themselves; and she’s already done with proving to everyone, so for me her performance is more energy filled, more cohesive in a way, that is if of course she’s done everything and has a good skate.

Q: I don’t want to sound somehow provocative but still I want to understand - they skate on the same ice, and Alina of course understands that right next to her the girls are constantly doing quads probably in the dozens; and as you said, she is an Olympic champion already, and really has got everything, proved all the titles - what could motivate her now?

A: Well, because all of the skaters are primarily fanatics, they are people who just love it. She loves it, it's her life. And why do you think that she does not learn and does not try to jump quads?

Q: We haven't seen any videos of her jumping on a fishing rod (ref to their previous discussion of another skater, where Inna laughed off the video with her 4S)

A: There was one some time ago and I saw it. So, let's wait and see. I don't think that she just skulks around watching the other girls jump - she works too.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Soon on all movie screens around the world!!! Arena the Fatwa - new Superhero!!!

I understand the threat to female single skating from quads. 3A possession is no longer unusual. Meanwhile, only Alina Zagitova is the only one that can match a quad or 3A. Alina is the last hope of the triple world. Rather, I think she is the most amazing because she can get a score over 240 with only a triple.

:biggrin:

eba

Rinkside
Before last worlds I remember I saw this cool illustration going around, and then during worlds someone showed the artist that it was Alina's wallpaper.

I found that small exchange very inspiring, and it seems it meant a lot for the artist as well. I couldn't find it a couple months ago but today I did so I wanted to share it.

Finley

Record Breaker
Before last worlds I remember I saw this cool illustration going around, and then during worlds someone showed the artist that it was Alina's wallpaper.

I found that small exchange very inspiring, and it seems it meant a lot for the artist as well. I couldn't find it a couple months ago but today I did so I wanted to share it.

Thank you for sharing that :luv17:

FreeSkater

On the Ice
Alina Zagitova 2019.10.22 Team 1 614.73 Japan Open Saitama 2019 Special Version from 22 October 2019
Free Skating Cleopatra 2 154.51 A2 1080p 60fps
All Episodes with Alina: New Free Program Season 2019-2020 Cleopatra Premiere 1080p 60fps,
Alina's Winner Interview, Reportages, Dresses for Me Voy and Cleopatra, Intro, Presentation, Men's Scores,
FS WU Warm Up, Cleopatra 720p 30fps, Interview, Victory Ceremony
Original Japanese TV Broadcasts 1080p 60fps and 720p 30fps
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wqqigZYA3M

Lechat

On the Ice
Country
France
I'm kind of sad if a skater as great as Alina feels like they need ultra-c elements to win. I don't know if she feels like that, but many people keep saying she needs a quad to compete. I think overall quality of skating should win, truly. Also watch last year's FP at Japan Open and compare it to this year. Her jumps have gotten way bigger.

Her programs are so complex, with so many transitions. And she probably cut down on some transitions now, because she doesn't need a huge amount now to get good GOEs. I am rooting for her skating and most of all, her happiness.

Not making GPF isn't the end of the world. With a field as deep as this, the GPF can come down to luck from assignments. If we switched the assignments around, the results could be different. I believe Alina will still make GPF, but if she doesn't, more time to focus on RusNats. That is way more important. I don't think people will doubt her again though.

She’s an experienced skater and her coaches know what fits her the most. I don’t want to speculate but I know that Alina can make the GPF final. She already went through many hardships and she’s still the team leader.