Alina Zagitova | Page 991 | Golden Skate

Alina Zagitova

Finley

Record Breaker
From Alina Zagitova - Queen of Ice! vk page -

Today in Moscow for the 15th time the Glamor Magazine’s Prize “Woman of the Year” was held, which brought together celebrity artillery at the Helikon-Opera. In the “Sportswoman of the Year” nominations, the victory was won by 17-year-old skater Alina Zagitova, who won Olympic gold last year, and this year she won first place at the World Championships.

“For me, the main example in life is my wonderful coach and my mother,” Zagitova modestly admitted, embarrassed by the attention of the press.

Alina about the musical on ice “Sleeping Beauty. The legend of the two kingdoms ”:

“ We have not yet begun rehearsals, we will begin in December, ”said kp.ruathlete. - Therefore, while I prepare only mentally. But working with Tatyana Navka is always a great honor and pleasure. The full list of participants has not yet been announced, but I can say that I, Tatiana and Peter Chernyshev will definitely be.

Text: https://www.kp.ru/daily/27054/4121082/

Finley

Record Breaker
Our Queen...queen-ing :yay:

She must feel like Cinderella (with all due respect to Sleeping Beauty). A new couture dress that Cara De Levigne was modeling on the runway during Paris fashion week. A-ma-zing shoes! She never wears heels like that and she handled them like a pro. No Jennifer Lawrence Oscar moments on her way to the podium. :)

Being treated like the star she is on the red...I mean burgundy carpet! She is just pure class all the way.

I hope she gets to sleep in tomorrow.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
She must feel like Cinderella (with all due respect to Sleeping Beauty). A new couture dress that Cara De Levigne was modeling on the runway during Paris fashion week. A-ma-zing shoes! She never wears heels like that and she handled them like a pro. No Jennifer Lawrence Oscar moments on her way to the podium. :)

Being treated like the star she is on the red...I mean burgundy carpet! She is just pure class all the way.

I hope she gets to sleep in tomorrow.

My thoughts exactly :hap36: (but better articulated as always) :laugh:

klena

On the Ice
"GLAMOUR award 2019
Thank you glamour_russia for invitation, HUGE thanks to puma and pumarussia for my marvelous and inspiring look, and thank you to Shiseido makeup artists for their beautiful work. It is my honour to be with you!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4z1LTqpyZZ/

Congrats to Alina! :luv17::love:

Finley

Record Breaker

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Alina's short interview with Glamour magazine

Alina Zagitova won Olympic gold at the age of 15 at the Games in Korea in 2018.

An unexpected wave of resentment overcame the expected popular love (fans of figure skating do not lag far behind football fans in their love and hatred). There were those who called her triumph a one-off chance event. However, then her victory at the Russian Championship in December 2017 and the victory at the European Championship in January 2018 should be considered 'one-off chance events' too - it was with these titles that Zagitova approached the main competition for any athlete. Today, she no longer needs to prove anything to anyone: in the spring of 2019, in the Japanese city of Saitama, the 16-year-old Zagitova unconditionally won the World Cup. Over the two most stressful years of her career, “one-off chance events” became a regularity.

We meet with Alina early in the morning, before training, - the season has already begun, the next competition is coming soon. She begins the conversation first: “Can I first of all thank you for this award? For me it is important and really pleasant.”
Surely, it is not more important than the very first award which gave you the first taste of victory? “The first one was when I was six or seven years old, but the more serious and important victories began when I moved to the group of Eteri Georgievna.” Eteri Tutberidze is the most famous and discussed figure skating coach in recent years. She prepares the most technically savvy skaters who seem to be able to overcome the force of gravity - and begin to do so much earlier than their famous predecessors. Our first world champion in singles Maria Butyrskaya won her title at 26 years old. Irina Slutskaya won the world championship for the first time at 23. But today the competition in this sport is such that if you don’t climb the podium at the age of 15-16, then you risk never climbing it at all. They go in for sports almost from the cradle - Alina says that she often sees children who are sent to figure skating rinks at two or three years old. “I always want to tell their parents: “Please don't! It's too early.” I am very grateful to my parents that I began to learn skating only when I was 4-5 years old."

“So far, figure skating is my life. What will happen next? I don't guess at the future. I live today. ”

Alina’s dad, a professional hockey player and a coach, clearly knew what he was doing: he gave his daughter a chance to have an albeit short, but still full childhood, with girlfriends and toys instead of skates.

When Alina goes out onto the ice, they expect only victory from her, and only recently the athlete has learned how to cope with such crazy pressure.
“It is morally difficult to go to a competition knowing that only victory is expected from you, but I represent Russia at international competitions - and this is a great honour and responsibility for me. I also consider it my duty to the coaches (Eteri Tutberidze, Daniil Gleichengauz, Sergey Dudakov) to show my maximum, because they invest in me, they work from morning till night. And I owe it to my fans too - they are my source of inspiration.”

Armchair critics also like to speculate on that - whom the figure skater Zagitova is indebted to. Instagram of any top athlete is both a stream of admiration and a wave of hate - from disappointed spectators after unsuccessful performances, from fans of rivals, from just passers-by. “One to two weeks before the competition I stop reading social networks and start tuning in to my coming skate. However, I remember a situation once when at the World Cup I saw one message ... I will not quote it, but I will say that it made me very angry. And at that moment, this anger encouraged me to go out and skate cleanly even more. In recent years, I have developed an immunity to negative comments, and when I come across something unpleasant, it does not bother me.”

"When all titles are won, the main motivation is the incredible pleasure of doing what you know how to do at the highest level. And with such motivation - there is no limit to perfection."