Ilia Skirda | Golden Skate

Ilia Skirda

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ilia Valeryevich Skirda, (Russian: Илья Валерьевич Скирда, was born 21 September 2002 in Moscow, Russia.) He won two silver medals on the ISU Junior Grand Prix series and qualified for the 2016-17 Junior Grand Prix Final in his first season on the Junior Grand Prix.

The 13 year old Ilya Skirda, a charismatic young athlete, is well known on the Russian junior circuit.

Born in September 21, 2002

ISU Biography: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00035452.htm

Russian Biography: http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/2846.htmlhttp://www.fskate.ru/skaters/2846.html

Last edited by a moderator:

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
I liked his skating. But as somebody said - he is very similar in case of jumps like Kovtun. Those 3-3, or 3-2-2 looked bad. With a stretch I would say. :(

sneakers

Match Penalty
I liked his skating. But as somebody said - he is very similar in case of jumps like Kovtun. Those 3-3, or 3-2-2 looked bad. With a stretch I would say. :(

I wouldn't say Kovtunesque, he is 13 years old with bambi long legs
we don't know yet his technique as his body will still grow. He will still need to readjust as he grows older as well as his jumps.

His jumps are a bit bouncy as he is tiny with long legs.

NaVi

Medalist
I don't worry about his jumps... I worry about his spins... they're too much like Adian's and not on a good way.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Yeah, I don't see anything Kovtunesque about him. Anyway, he's only 13. Plenty of time to improve, so I don't see the point of harping on his shortcomings (especially in a fan fest). Can't we talk about what an accomplishment it was for him to win silver in his first JGP at 13? Skaters like Petr and Andrew Torgashev were more polished when they debuted, but they didn't manage to medal in their first JGP seasons. And the comeback he made after the SP...he is really a fighter!

Last edited:

sneakers

Match Penalty
I don't worry about his jumps... I worry about his spins... they're too much like Adian's and not on a good way.

I see a bit similarity with the spins, especially the camel spin variations and donut spin, though he is more flexible than Adian. I hope Ilya doesn't get early back injuries like Adrain.

stryke

On the Ice
It took a couple of times watching it but his FS this season really grew on me.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It's his birthday today. Happy birthday! :hb: I hope they have a nice celebration for him before the competition starts tomorrow.

sneakers

Match Penalty
another clean FS skate... :)
Ilia has a small chance of going to JGPF, all depends on the medalists of the last 2 JGP events.

bluebell0710

Rinkside
Congratulations to Ilya for the good performance yesterday. Hope he can go to JGPF!

Have a happy birthday party after the skate!

Lana05

Final Flight
He did 2 clean programmes. And in FS he has beaten Krasnozhon) Not bad for his debut ;)

QueenOfTheRoad

Final Flight
Country
Germany
Wow, he really grew up! I wonder if for him ice dance would be a better option. He is very musical, i like how he moves on ice and has also charisma.