Ilia Skirda | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ilia Skirda

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wow, he really grew up! I wonder if for him ice dance would be a better option. He is very musical, i like how he moves on ice and has also charisma.

It's an option but Russian junior dance is so competitive and has so many top teams it'll be hard to break through. Well first things first, he has to work on his conditioning. He was so out of breathe in the SP and barely made it to through the free :(

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Probably not. I can't see them giving a jgp event to someone his age without a 3axel.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I hope he stays injury free and hasn't got too many growth spurts troubles. He seems to be happy with his new training mates and did a lot of growing up over the past year.
I want to see him back in competition, I find him a great performer. It might not be a JGP assignment for him, but I hope he'll be given ample opportunity to show his skills...and practice the jumps. Go, Ilya!!! :hap10:

The Finn

Record Breaker
According to rumors he has switched to ice dancing. Good for him to try it out because he didn't have the jumps to make it as a single skater.

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
How has dance been working out? That was just a rumor but from his instagram it seems that he quit skating after last season. I guess he never really made it. Sad, but you could see in 2016 that the technique was not going to last if they didn't do something about it. And unfortunately he was pushed to the side and nothing was done about it.

Has Ilia officially retired? I wish we could see him skating again, triple axel or not.