Who will make it to the JGP final? | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Who will make it to the JGP final?

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
Ha I actually didn't want him to qualify Maybe it would have given him a virtual kick in the *** not to meltdown @ comps but now he qualified anyway so ...

mish

Match Penalty
Honda, Kihira, Sakamoto (JPN)
vs
Tsurskaya, Gubanova, Zagitova (RUS)

It must be most stacked, competitive and exciting junior ladies GPF in history! :yahoo::yes2:

All-Star Game! :love:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Random note: if ladies' went by scores, Yamashita would be in instead of Honda.

To be honest Honda really shouldn't be here. She is getting way too much push from the judges. Without the big push from judges she wouldn't have made it to the final.

Last edited:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
To be honest Honda really shouldn't be here. She is getting way too much push from the judges. Without the big push from judges she wouldn't have made it to the final.

Skating quality matters, you know. And Marin has a lot of that, even if she messes up her SPs.

inskate

On the Ice
^ But Yamashita's total best score is actually from Talinn Cup..?

So far Honda always peaked late in the season, so I think it's a success for her to qualify at all. :) She has issues with halluxes and doesn't like practicing 3F and 3Lz because of that; her coach said that they are going to work on that this season. I wonder if it worked. She seemed to be in a great condition during the Kinki regionals this weekend, though.

mish

Match Penalty
It's like saying falling objects get too much push from gravitation.
Marin Honda is getting high marks, because she's Marin Honda, the world champion in figure skating. Queen of grace, looks, interpretation, projection, effortless jumps, connection with audience and overall adorableness. Nobody asks Elizabeth II, why she's wearing the crown, she'd been born like that. :biggrin:

Remember the interview with Mie Hamada about "Japanese school" of skating? The beauty of simplicity? Marin's skating is an epitome of it. :luv17:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Pairs: Duskova/Bidar, Mishina/Mirzoev, Atakhanova/Spiridonov, Borisova/Sopot, Ustimkina/Volodin and Oganesian/Bardei. Although it looks like both Ustimkina/Volodin and Oganesian/Bardei will skate at the last two events which are crowded with top pairs and it might be unlikely that they both would make it to the final. Possible surprise finalist: Boikova/Kozlovskii.

Ice Dance: Abachkina/Thauron, Shpilevaya/Smirnov, Loboda/Drozd, McNamara/Carpenter, Parsons/Parsons and Skoptcova/Aleshin or Carreira/Ponomarenko.

The pairs and Ice dance teams were pretty easy to predict, even Boikova/Kozlovskii whom I named as possible surprise finalist.

By the way, I noticed that I have started a fan thread for 4 out of 6 pairs who made it to the final. That's pretty good.

mirai4life

1Lo <
Record Breaker

I see where you are coming from but it's also unfair because she never really had a meltdown.
Yes, she made like one to two big mistake in each competition but the rest was awesome so....and her scores are not even that huge.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

I can give it to you that she got lucky on how things played out in her 2 events, especially Zagitova's unfortunate meltdown. But Honda won fair and square her two silver medals. She skated a gorgeous LP in Japan to win silver medal (with a mistake in the SP) and skated well enough in her second one (where Zagitova got some absurd PCS scoring in SP and then had the unfortunate meltdown in the LP) to claim a second silver. Whether you agree with her scores or not, she is in the final because of the points given by her 2 silvers. By saying that she should not be in the final, you are saying that she did not deserve her medals. Which of her two silvers she didn't deserve?

lavoix

Match Penalty
Actually Konstantinova was gifted in Saransk, and I thought Nugumanova deserved silver. If it had played out that way then Nugumanova would have been ahead of Honda.

Skye

On the Ice
Actually Konstantinova was gifted in Saransk, and I thought Nugumanova deserved silver. If it had played out that way then Nugumanova would have been ahead of Honda.

Well Nugumanova was also gifted in Saransk. How many under-rotated jumps in the FS did she have overlooked by the technical panel? IMO Yuna S was lowballed (just like Samodurova was in Yokohama) for the podium sweep.

lavoix

Match Penalty
Well Nugumanova was also gifted in Saransk. How many under-rotated jumps in the FS did she have overlooked by the technical panel? IMO Yuna S was lowballed (just like Samodurova was in Yokohama) for the podium sweep.

Also true, but Konstantinova got a silver with how many falls in the long?

kalee

On the Ice
True, but she's not the only one who scored 110+ with two falls. Mariah Bell had 2 falls in her long at Tallinn Trophy and still score 111.