Who will make it to the JGP final? | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Who will make it to the JGP final?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And in addition, we have no idea how the situation for pair will start to turn out until after next week's JGP is done. Which that will be interesting to watch. I low-key am rooting for Liu/Johnson to make to the JGPF for the 2nd time. Sorry lol.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
What's the scenario where Zagitova would fail to qualify at 26 points & gold?

Tsurskaya 2nd (28)
Gubanova 2nd (28)
Konstantinova 1st (28)
Yamashita/Nitaya/Nugumanova 1st with a high enough score to overtake Zagitova (26)

It's incredibly unlikely but still possible.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
What is more Nitaya should receive 197 points and Nugumanova 199. :laugh2:

Yes. I said it was incredibly unlikely. But it is still mathematically possible for Zagitova to be out. Very low chance, but not impossible.

bosskil

Match Penalty
If Marin is out after Dresden, next day I'm on the plane to Japan to kick some feds' butts! :dev2:

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
I wonder why did they list Marin, Alina, Skirda already as qualifiers for the final on Wikipedia despite it all can still change?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016–17_ISU_Junior_Grand_Prix

Theoretically it is still possible that Russian ladies get 4 spots- if Nugumanova and Stanislava get gold, or Stanislava gets high silver.

The question is if it is not too late to make substitutes for Tallinn? If yes, and Russia is doing them, having Marin as qualified is in fact somewhat premature.

In fact, I am absolutely OK with 3+3. Having Marin among contenders will make competition much more fun. And frankly speaking, neither Stasya nor Liza N impressed me in Saransk. So despite accusations of my "aggressive patriotic fanatism" I am all for the drama: "the Russian trio against the Japanese trio"

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I hope Jun Hwan Cha make it to JGP Finals. Even though he won gold in JGP-Yokohama things can still change. The worst scenario is he comes in 6th place earning only 20 pts. that will jeopardize being in JGP Finas.l

bosskil

Match Penalty
Lollll blame it on the fed....of course, because it's entirely the fed's fault that she didn't feel like winning.
Hahaha :laugh2:

OK, you got me. Cockiness has been punished, still... expect more "will win" threads (can't help it). :laugh::p

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Hahaha :laugh2:

OK, you got me. Cockiness has been punished, still... expect more "will win" threads (can't help it). :laugh::p

Your true colors as anti-Marin :( are becoming a little too obvious.

A sincere supporter would not want to create more bad karma for her.

bosskil

Match Penalty
Your true colors as anti-Marin :( are becoming a little too obvious.

A sincere supporter would not want to create more bad karma for her.
I'd suggest drink or deep breath of fresh air, because the abyss of absurdity and sadness is clearly infecting your psyche... ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I'd suggest drink or deep breath of fresh air, because the abyss of absurdity and sadness is clearly infecting your psyche... ;)

Absurdity? Look in the mirror, my friend ;) :rofl: :rofl2: :laugh2:.

And yes, after all your hot air, I think we all could use a deep breath of fresh air. Or a good drink :yes:.

I am in an "abyss" of feeling sorry for Marin. With a "friend" like you, who insists on repeatedly jinxing her, who needs enemies?

Last edited:

nikros

Rinkside
We all glad that Marin has a chance for the final. But this time the judges just pulled her into the final by absolutely unfair low scores of Alina.
I agree that Marin deserves the final. But do you really think that Aliev with his 2 quads does not? Marin was inconsistent, but the judges gave her a chance. Aliev also was incosistent but he is punished and his chances for the final are too low. Skirda withut 3A and quads has now better chances for the final. Don't you think it is crazy?

Last edited:

Daniel1998

Final Flight
So my understanding is that assuming Tsurskaya wins Estonia (she shouldn't be bothered by Mako, Rin, or Liza even on a bad day), she is in, Sakamoto is in, Kihara is in, Zagitova is in, and Marin is in if Gubanova beats Konstantinova in Germany (unless Konstantinova finishes with >187 points), OR Marin is out if Konstantinova wins and Gubanova finishes second or third, in which case they both make it.
Right?