2016 JGP Czech Skate Ice Dance FD | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Ice Dance FD

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
Not a great skate by McNamara/Carpenter standarts. But they're hands down the best team here.

She did 3-turns in her 1st twizzle. Nope, rewatched it, it was okay, just ugly twizzles, not 3-turns.

Edit: Wow, it was TOO generous :laugh:

Last edited:

TMC

Record Breaker
Just when I didn't think I could love this team more, they pick AC/DC as their FD music :love:

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
And just over an 8 point total score PB jump (from 134.42 to 142.69) for Kuzmich/Sinicyn, for their first JGP medal. Nice job. Even more impressive was their old PB was set just last week in St. Gervais.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
And just over an 8 point total score PB jump (from 134.42 to 142.69) for Kuzmich/Sinicyn, for their first JGP medal. Nice job. Even more impressive was their old PB was set just last week in St. Gervais.

Seems like they have a real chance for jGPF now.

Edit: no, they were 4th only. I thought they were 3rd for some reason.

Last edited:

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
Wow ! went from St-Gervais to Ostrava... and in a spam of one week they get how many more points... ice dance is getting ridiculous.
People will stop watching

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Wow ! went from St-Gervais to Ostrava... and in a spam of one week they get how many more points... ice dance is getting ridiculous.
People will stop watching

It's not that ridiculous when you consider the fact that both step sequences were called L2 in St. Gervais and L3 in Ostrava, which is in increase in 3 points to TES Base Value alone.

Diagonal Step Sequence L2 --> L3 (+1.5 points in BV)
Circular Step Sequence L2 -->L3 (+1.5 points in BV)

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
And what does that mean... Technical panel in St-Gervais were more demanding....
I don't believe in a week you can have a diiference of almost 10 points and I'm sorry but their program is childish and is not even close to be only 5 points away from McNamara and Carpenter... even with the little mistake that happen...sorry

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
K/S were skating on HOME ICE, folks. They got the benefit of that. BTW, they skated at Minto last month and scored 125.50. They scored 128.91 at JW 2016 and placed 11th.

Abachkina/Thauron got the same home ice treatment in St. Gervais. They had skated at the Lyon Summer Cup in late July and scored 140.04, and a month later, that jumped to 152.17. They scored 145.25 at JW 2016 where they were 7th. Their next event is next week in Japan, where they face the Parsons (who scored 156.17 in the ISU International event at Lake Placid at the end of July) and the Russian team Shpilevaya / Smirnov. The Parsons were 2nd at JW 2016 and scored 162.75.

McNamara/Carpenter skated at Lake Placid in July and scored 158.84, close to the 159.30 here. They scored 163.65 winning JW 2016. But of course they are not on home ice, and won't be this JGP series. Their next event will be Slovenia, where they will face the two young Russian teams Shpilevaya / Smirnov and Skoptcova / Aleshin, and the French team Rouffanche / Brissaud.