2016 JGP Czech Skate Pairs FS | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Pairs FS

oleada

Record Breaker
I understand that but their PCS scores were ridiculous and I don't get why they didn't get a fall deduction for the 2A. This team is consistently over scored IMO.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I understand that but their PCS scores were ridiculous and I don't get why they didn't get a fall deduction for the 2A. This team is consistently over scored IMO.

Because it wasn't a fall by the definition of the ISU. Huge step out, yes. But her body weight didn't shift to the ground.

As for PCS, they kept performing the program and have really nice skating quality. There's some really nice choreography there. YMMV, I suppose.

Last edited:

s_parks

Record Breaker
i get that they have nice qualities, no doubt, but when you have 4 major mistakes, that's honestly distracting and should affect performance marks.

oleada

Record Breaker
I don't see anything special about their performance quality at all. Their basics are ok but nothing more than that. They do t have much of a connection, either. The choreography is forgettable. Every time this team skates I'm confused at their scores. YMMV is right I guess.

ETA: I agree the mistakes were distracting. They bad major errors in both SbS jumps and both throws plus issues in the SBS spins.

Last edited:

Princessroja

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
http://www.isuresults.com/results/season1617/jgpcze2016/jgpcze2016_JuniorPairs_FS_Scores.pdf

FWIW, Cheslea and Brian had the highest scoring twist (7.10), death spiral (4.70) and lift (8.80) in the whole competition, which is likely why they got the score they got in spite of the the jump errors. It's really the tale of U.S. pairs playing out. I hope they get those jump issues settled.

While Yumeng and Zhong had a cleaner program, they lost a LOT of levels...Chelsea and Brian had a 6 point BV buffer on them because of it.

Thanks, Mrs. P! That makes much more sense now.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
:curse::palmf::roll5::bang::bang::bang:
basically how I feel

I dont usually root against skaters but Im very close to after this comp
teh ppl in the chat thankfully had the same reaction & I feel not alone

great Aus pair tho & our bbs Ksenia & Valera wow didnt expect them to b that promising!:luv17:

Last edited:

Layback11

Record Breaker
The Russian pair who's 13 and 15 are so smol! :luv17: They remind me of the fictional pairs teams in my head :laugh:

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
A very close competition. Not D/B's best skate but they did enough to hang on, their lead from the short did help them out. I think when skated clean this will be a big scoring programme, it will be interesting to see how they do in Europeans. Are they also doing the Senior GP's?

Once again I enjoyed A/S's performance, they must be regretting the lift error in the short other than that they would have won. I would have given 3rd to P/S over L/J, I felt the Russians had more polish. I really enjoyed the 3rd Russians A/K, some really impressive technical elements, I think they were marked a bit harshly on PCS.

All in all an enjoyable competition.

lavoix

Match Penalty
The Czech pair have really showed some great improvement in terms of technical skills. Yes they had mistakes, but last year I was really uninspired by them. This season, they have really polished, improved the musicality and choreography, as well as the difficulty. They are definitely on the right track!

gibbynka

On the Ice
Does someone know why Anna and Martin got those 2 deductions? Did they have lifts that went on for too long, or something like that? I can't figure it out.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Late to the party, but here is my thought on the competition.

I enjoyed watching the whole event from top to bottom. I wish for more pair events on the junior circuit. I used to think that paired disciplines were not worth closely following as much as singles because female skaters in the mixed disciplines, especially junior pair skaters are required for too many things as compared to singles; puberty monsters, acquiring difficult and dangerous tricks, not easy processes to bond with their partner. Many junior teams were vanished year after year, so that makes me hard to root for juniors. But I was so bored with the current status with a few small competitions being held, so I watched the junior events...and it gave another pleasure.

I really loved the Russians placed at second Amina & Illa, the Chinese Yumeng & Zhong, Japanese Ami & Spencer, Canadian Lori-Ann & Thierry. The Russian have amazing skating skills, lines and unison and great personalities. The last error in the SP was too critical though, so they had to settle with a silver in the end. The Chinese coached by Hongbo Zhao, one of GOAT, reminds me of many great Chinese skaters such as Hao Zhang when he was very young, and Qing Pang. Their presentations were soft and lyrical, but I think they can transform to another face if a totally different program is given to them given by the male skater's great lead. Although I was at first thrilled about the news last season that an European team surged to the top in the junior field dominated by skaters from the big federations, I still can't fully fall in with the Czech team's skates. Their lines and unison are still a long way to go as compared to the top youngsters from Russia/Canada/China in my opinion.

On the other hand, I feel the fourth finishers were overscored, especially on their PCS. Their subpar SS and presentation skills, especially the female skater make me wonder how come the Russian pairs known for producing skaters with great basics let them compete with that qualities...Anastasia Poluianova really needs to improve her basics to match with her partner. The bronze medalists showed mature performances, but their too many mistakes also make me think about whether their bronze was really deserving.

Ami and Spencer despite the 9th placement overall showed a good promise and I think they can quickly be improved. I loved Lori-Ann and Thierry's radiant performances. On the other hand I expected too much from another Canadians because her aunt, Isabelle Brasseur is a two time Olympic bronze medalist in pairs.

Anyway, I think the event excited me for sure, so I feel like I can enjoy junior pairs even more next time. :)

Last edited: