2016 JGP Czech Skate Mens FS | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2016 JGP Czech Skate Mens FS

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Aliev's first quad was 4t<+2t, and the 3a sequence was 3a+1lo<<+3s<. He got only 8.1 points for the quad combo vs. 11.73 points for the solo rotated quad. He got 9.64 for the solo 3a, and only 0.8 more was added for the URd loop and 3s.

I noticed last year that Aliev works himself into a sweat with his free skates. It's even worse when he has tough competition, which he didn't think he had for this one.

Alexei's 4lo attempt (which he fell on) was DG, but all his other jumps were good, including a 3z+3lo near the end of the program. He spoke with Ted (the on-camera voice) after the competition and said he was mad at himself for blowing the 4lo and said he intends to land it at his next event (which at this point is the same one Aliev is scheduled for). If he does land it, Aliev will indeed have tough competition.

Alexei is a much improved skater since last year, when he was wild and uncontrolled. His jumps are huge and he lands them with ease, and he is a natural performer who relates to his music and gets right into character. I enjoyed both his programs, especially because he chose music NOT on the 100 Most Common Pieces Chosen for Competitions List.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
I'm not sure the comment means anything
it does mean nothing

I know that someone saying something on Insta etc shouldnt affect the appreciation for skating but in this case I cant really be neutral.
+ I find him wooden:devil:
Happy for his fans tho

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
Aliev's first quad was 4t<+2t, and the 3a sequence was 3a+1lo<<+3s<. He got only 8.1 points for the quad combo vs. 11.73 points for the solo rotated quad. He got 9.64 for the solo 3a, and only 0.8 more was added for the URd loop and 3s.

I noticed last year that Aliev works himself into a sweat with his free skates. It's even worse when he has tough competition, which he didn't think he had for this one.

Alexei's 4lo attempt (which he fell on) was DG, but all his other jumps were good, including a 3z+3lo near the end of the program. He spoke with Ted (the on-camera voice) after the competition and said he was mad at himself for blowing the 4lo and said he intends to land it at his next event (which at this point is the same one Aliev is scheduled for). If he does land it, Aliev will indeed have tough competition.

Alexei is a much improved skater since last year, when he was wild and uncontrolled. His jumps are huge and he lands them with ease, and he is a natural performer who relates to his music and gets right into character. I enjoyed both his programs, especially because he chose music NOT on the 100 Most Common Pieces Chosen for Competitions List.

Dima is much better artistically, and it's not only my point of view, judges gives him higher PCS, and honestly he could have been world junior champion last year with a clean long. (and that's his major weakness, consistency)

Alexei's 4lo is like Rika's 3A: good for them to try those difficult elements at this stage, it will be very useful for their future but now definitely a risky move because you can't pretend to land a clean 4lo in every competition, and if you fall on that jumps at GPF or Worlds your chances to win gold are gone

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don't see that Dima is better artistically: he gets the higher PCS scores because he has the reputation, having won silver at last year's JGPF, and was first going into the FS at JW 2016 (he unfortunately bombed the FS and placed 6th). Alexei's skating was too wild and undisciplined last season, so he didn't place high enough (3rd) at US Jr. Nationals to make the team for JW. Alexei is a relative unknown and was scored accordingly in PCS.

As of right now, Aliev, Kraznozhon and Vincent Zhou are all scheduled to skate in Estonia. Now THAT should be an interesting competition---if it happens.

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
I don't see that Dima is better artistically

Last year SP was beautifully choreographed and he has a mature style (uncommon for a junior athlete), even the SP this year is good but not that good i would say, and the FS as i said before not great at the moment but maybe that was just pressure.

I think he deserves those 8 for interpretation at least in the SP.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
For one thing, Juniors rarely get 8s in the JGP. At the Ostrava event, only McNamara/Carpenter got 8s, but they are the exception, not the rule. Even at JW, the few 8s were given only to the top 3 teams in ice dance. For all other disciplines, PCS scores topped out in the 7s.

I believe Alexei deserved at least a 7 in the SP for his interpretation, but of course as a neophyte, he did not even get that--only 6.75, but that was the highest IN mark except for Dmitri's 7.43. Maybe Dima gets 8s in home competitions, but not in the JGP.

I see on the SP protocol that Dmitri did get one 8.00 in IN from the Korean judge. That same judge gave Alexei an 8.00 in IN and also 8.00 in PE and 8.00 in CO.

On the FS protocol, the Korean judge gave Dmitri 8s in all the PCS. I think Dima has a fan in Korea!!

helene1967

Rinkside
huh ? there are still 5 JGP events left......
what about Samarin, Zhou, Jun-Hwan who still about to skate.
We will see how they skate.
For now:
If one of the Men will win two Events (or one will have places 1 and 4 or lower) - places 1+3 of Savosin mean guaranteed Final.
Aliev and Krasnoxhon are strong enough to earn the Final. Of course, if they will skate good at their next Events.
I think Shimada has chance if he wins next event.
It is almost impossible. Shimada's bronze at 1st Event was a big surpize. Most probably he will not earn a medal at his next Event.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Shimada's next event is in Estonia, where according to the current schedule he will meet Aliev, Krasnozhon and Zhou. Given that Aliev and Krasnozhon outscored him by 45-35 points, there is NO WAY Shimada has any chance of winning that event. We will see how Zhou does this week in Yokohama.