logistics | Page 2 | Golden Skate

logistics

Art&Sport

Medalist
Is there anyone (female) attending SA who has already booked a hotel close to the arena in a room with two beds who is willing to share and divvy up the cost over 3 nights? I have found it difficult to book at a hotel close to the arena. I got my tickets late and I'm excited for the opportunity to attend, but having trouble with accommodations.

Let me know, and thanks! :)

Art&Sport

Medalist
Ok, since I needed to book and haven't heard back from anyone, I went ahead and booked at a hotel that is not within walking distance which I preferred.

Have a great time everyone who is going to Skate America this year!

andyjo24

Medalist
Does anyone know how much it would cost approximately to get to/from the Sears Center to Hampton inn?

Also, I was wondering what would be the best way to travel to downtown Chicago from Hoffman Estates? Would Uber/Lyft still be the best way? And how much would it cost?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

blowout1981

Spectator
Not sure if this is the best place to post this but this was an absolutely horrible venue for Skate America. No idea why it's been here once, much less more than that. The staff is uninformed and unfriendly (with the exception of a very nice, older gentleman who was working on the upper deck and whom I met on a walk up there). The food options are pizza or hotdogs. There's virtually nothing within walking distance to eat, forget about anything to do during down time. And they forced us to leave the venue between events, even if we were ticketed for both of them and even though there was pretty much nowhere to go. God. Awful.