Anna Shcherbakova | Page 125 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice

Oh my gosh I just watched her interview!! Anna is such a sweet girl and her english is so good!! I loved the part when she is talking about her costume change and she starts laughing and the crowd starts cheering, that was so cute!! When she is out on the ice she has such a presence that makes you forget how young she is. This interview reminded me that she is only fifteen!! I am glad to see that she is so happy!! Good job at Skate America Anna!!:agree:

E

eterialskater

Anna was heads and shoulders above the competition here. She is that good. A real gem of a skater that combines athleticism and difficulty with musicality and impeccable attention to detail.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Roman Kostomarov, 2006 Olympic Champion, on Anya's skate in Las Vegas:

The free program of Anna Shcherbakova is a historical event in figure skating. Doing two quadruple lutz jumps in an official competition - it's something incredible. Our girls are doing great, it's nice to watch them grow. Especially the skaters in the Eteri Tutberidze group."

Ilya Averbuch called the FS programme "fantastic" and said he hoped it will help her be successful this season.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Shcherbakova’s first senior victory: two dresses in one program, two quadruple jumps, an attack on Trusova’s record

Anna Shcherbakova won at Skate America - the opening stage of the Grand Prix series.

A victory that was not in doubt even after a short program incident - where Anya fell during the steps sequence and dropped outside the top 3.

In general, the short program for Shcherbakova in her first senior season turned into a problematic challenge: a month ago she received unexpectedly low marks at the Lombardia Trophy - you remember the reaction of the figure skater and coach-choreographer Daniil Gleikhengauz.

Free program is a completely different story, with which Shcherbakova copes well.

No, on Skate America, too, it was not without errors - small under rotations on the Rittberger and Salchow in cascades. But these are trifles that Anya can ignore, having a transcendental technical base in her free program - second in the world after Aleksandra Trusova. Those little errors, which, perhaps, weren't enough for a world record in free program score - 1.5-2 points lost for each.

With two quadruple Lutz's (she was the first in the history of female skating to perform them in one program), Trusova’s current record (163.78) looks as vulnerable as possible - precisely regarding Shcherbakova's score. And Anya's advantage over her rivals in Las Vegas was overwhelming: about 12 points from Tuktamysheva with triksels, almost 20 points from Tennell, even more than everyone else. Only for the technique.

It's funny that the main impression on the American audience (appreciate the audience reaction!) was not made by Shcherbakova’s ultra-jumps, but by her dress transformation as genial as simple, that was invented by Eteri Tutberidze in the off-season. It’s even strange that cool special effects with costumes are so rarely used on ice - from the stands it looks even brighter and more magical than on screen.

The outstanding skating run of Anna Shcherbakova and the delight of Alexey Yagudin are here: link to clip

“The dress transformation is the idea of ​​my coach. I'm glad everyone likes it. I myself like that when I change my dress, the audience shouts: "Wow!"
Anya worked out the mechanics of the transformation during training for a long time, as a full-fledged technical element.

But nevertheless, the main sensation from Shcherbakova’s program is its ultralight skating, airy jumps and saturation of the technical base. True, the apparent simplicity of her quads (you watched them over dozens of times too?) is deceiving. Anya long and painfully added them to her program - before Las Vegas, 4 out of 6 attempts ended in failure.

Shcherbakova and Tutberidze risked the inclusion in the free program of a second quadruple Lutz in a cascade, only for the second time in competitions - the first attempt at last year's Grand Prix Final ended in a fall and the program crumbled to smithereens.

Now - a great skating run and the second highest free program score in history.

Another mega-complication from the Tutberidze team for the new season - after the triple Axels of Kostornaya and the quad quads of Trusova. A signal from Eteri that junior skating is different from senior not only in choreography and images.

Are you also looking forward to Internationaux de France and the full premiere of Zagitova "Cleopatra"?
-----
From: https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/allresp/2610442.html

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Offical FFKKR interview by Tat'yana Flade from Skate America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05W70lSsFg

Small transcript:

Anna Shcherbakova: “In general, I am satisfied, especially with my free program. But there are many more things we will work on ”

Russian figure skater Anna Shcherbakova shared her impressions of her victory at the Skate America Grand Prix stage in Las Vegas.

" This is a great experience for me. I really looked forward to performing at these competitions, after all, the first significant senior tournament for me. In general, I am satisfied, especially, of course, with my free program, I was able to held it together. But there are many more things that we will work on."

" It is very interesting to compete with adults, but I tried to think only about my routines, and not about my rivals."

- In the short program, not everything worked out. How did you recompose yourself afterwards?

" I tried to think less about my mistakes in the short and tune in more to the free. My trainers helped me a lot with this proper attitude."

" I’m nervous every time, but I can’t say that I’ve been more nervous here, maybe I’ve just been a little neat and didn’t track any moments. Now I will be much more attentive to these things, I'll try to never make such mistakes again."

- The next stage in China. How do you prepare for this start?

" I think for this start we won’t especially change the technical components, but we will work on programs, on all elements, and perfect everything to show clean skating,” said Shcherbakova.
-----
From: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1079344022.html

fairyring

Rinkside
I’m glad that Anna got the chance to see some of Las Vegas! She (and so many of her competitors) are too young to play the slots, but those pictures are very cute!

moonstruck

On the Ice
Congratulations to the amazing Anna on winning her senior GP debut!! :yahoo: Super late in posting this, because I was there and had to wait until I got home to use my computer lol, but she was phenomenal! She sells her free skate super well, and the way she moves across the ice looks so fast and smooth in real life, my mom said it looked as if she was flying. I'm happy for her victory, and that I got to see such a wonderful performance :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
There has also been an interview with Anna from day 1, where she talked about her mistake in the short program, trying to explian what caused it, about competing in a different time zone after 24 hours of travel and the like. Cannot find it back, believe it was on sport24.ru?

So she recomposed herself with the help of her trainers and competed for what she is worth on day 2, which for such a young and still inexperienced (on the senior scene) skater is quite a feat.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
To all of the Negative Nancys, 'experts' complaining about "quads killing fs", selectively blind 'fans' that "just don't see the WOW effect in her programmes", Anya says: Eat this! :biggrin: (stats on ISU Skate America video views)

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
To all of the Negative Nancys, 'experts' complaining about "quads killing fs", selectively blind 'fans' that "just don't see the WOW effect in her programmes", Anya says: Eat this! :biggrin: (stats on ISU video views)

They're killing figure skating so much so that everyone tunes in JUST to watch those girls. lmao.

macy

Record Breaker
not sure if it's in the interviews already mentioned here, but i saw in her interview for the Olympic Channel she says her looks up to Mao Asada, and there is a developing resemblance between their skating for sure! they both have this floaty lightness.

Decoder

On the Ice
not sure if it's in the interviews already mentioned here, but i saw in her interview for the Olympic Channel she says her looks up to Mao Asada, and there is a developing resemblance between their skating for sure! they both have this floaty lightness.

Anna said something similar before (don't remember exactly when and where).