Anna Shcherbakova | Page 139 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The unique "Firebird" by Shcherbakova. Anya at the forefront of Russian ballet

The Firebird is a bright and colourful ballet by I.F. Stravinsky on a fairy tale theme, which was written by order of S.P. Diaghilev for "Russian Seasons". The plot of the Firebird is based on Russian fairy tales about Koschey the Immortal, as well as Ivan Tsarevich, the Firebird and the gray wolf. In addition, choreographers add to the ballet performance dances of captive girls from the work of F. Sologub “Night Dances”.

Surprisingly, many interesting facts are associated with the ballet Firebird. So, for example, Igor Stravinsky is the third composer who started writing the ballet score, as the two previous ones, A. Lyadov and N. Cherepnin, could not cope with this order. As a result, Diaghilev was forced to look for a new composer and the choice fell on Stravinsky, Igor Fyodorovich himself noted in his memoirs that this was a very flattering offer, to which he immediately agreed, despite the limited time.
link to Firebird in ballet: https://youtu.be/fzCe7EozFJI

Ballet programs on ice are not surprising for the Tutberidze team (recall, Alina Zagitova's Olympic programs - the Black Swan and Don Quixote, as well as last year's Carmen program), so when I evaluated the music for Anya's free program, it was clear that the coaching staff cope with their task.

In addition, Daniil Gleikhengauz is the son of the Bolshoi ballerina Lyudmila Shalashova, who, unfortunately, passed away last year, so he was accustomed to ballet culture since childhood, and Lyudmila Borisovna’s participation in working with the Khrustalniy skaters was expressed not only in choreographic training of pupils, but also in the study of the characteristic ballet movements and their implementation in the ballet productions of Khrustalniy, so the ballet aesthetics werr always successfully transferred to the ice.

Shcherbakova’s free program combines the music of the French composer Eric Satie performed by Roland Pentinen and pieces from the ballet The Firebird by Igor Stravinsky. We are used to seeing Anya in gentle and lyrical images, so this program became a kind of experiment for the skater, which, at least for me, Anya coped with perfectly.

In addition to beauty and charm, Shcherbakova conquered the fans with incredibly complex program content, which she complicated during the season - Anya performs a cascade of 4 Lutz - 3 Toeloop, 4 Lutz, 4 Flip, two 2 Axels, 3 Lutz - 3 Rittberger, 3 Flip - Euler - 3 Salchow, 3 Lutz, and all this with incredible skating, and even with a surprise in the middle of the program. This surprise is the transformation of the dress, of course, perhaps the best transformation of the season.

If we talk about music for her free program, then for the introductory part of the program, Gnossienne No. 1 by Eric Satie, the famous French composer and pianist, who was one of the ideological inspirers of the French Six, a creative association of young musicians of the 1910-20s in Paris, was chosen different in creative settings, but unanimously striving for novelty and simplicity at the same time, as well as from the entire musical heritage of that time, only two composers remain revered: Sati and Stravinsky.

By the way, Sati and Stravinsky were well acquainted, spoke positively of each other's work and admitted to the significant mutual influence of their music. Consequently, the combination of their musical works within the framework of one program is stylistically quite justified. At the same time, from a purely tactical point of view, Gnossienne No. 1 with its simplicity and leisurelyness (the name itself: Gnossienne No. 1 - Lent translates as "Gnosian No. 1 - Slow") allows Anna to accelerate before the jump without spending too much energy on acting out the numerous musical accents that filled her program at the climax.
link to ballet 'Gnossienne in Blue' performance https://youtu.be/62ib6SmLkGU

Too much has been said about Anya's dress, so I won’t repeat myself, I only note that this is really a great idea, which the costume designer and the skater herself were able to realize 100%.

In my opinion, this is one of the best free programs for women this season. Interesting, beautiful, unusual, technically, there will not be enough epithets to describe the emotions that this production gives us. It is a pity that we can see her on big ice for the last time at the World Championship. It is hoped that Anya will skate it cleaner than ever before and will put a beautiful point to the end of the season.
link to Anna skating https://youtu.be/xoj3xTld4UQ

What program do you remember the most this season?
-----
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/sportwithmari/2734776.html

Vemvane

On the Ice
Anna's skate at the "Road to Victory" show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIx6r_omLGI

It's so interesting to see her perform her old junior programme - it makes me see just how much she has grown, both physically and as a skater. She is not the same charming little girl she was on the JGP in 2018, but has moved beyond this particular rôle. She is still enchanting to watch, but she has gained in grace and elegance over this past season. I'm so glad to have seen her skate this again, and, oh, how magical she is as a performer.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anna is just :love:

Yes, when you compare this with her skating this program last season, when she was already so good, you see her improvement. she really enjoyed her skate yesterday, I hope she will enjoy her skates at worlds the same.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Hi friends! I'm *finally* getting around to posting some of my videos from Skate America... ;)

So here's a really cute moment where Anna got a hug from Rafael Artunian: :love:
https://youtu.be/eck7OurbqQM

And the ladies warming up before practice starts (very Anna-centric):
https://youtu.be/FdySTY2sYWM

I also have clips of her doing run-throughs but they're kind of shaky. If you're interested in seeing them, let me know and I can upload them!

ETA Never mind, I went ahead and uploaded some more: :biggrin:

SP run-through:
https://youtu.be/Mdd42o4Ypsw

Talking to Eteri & Daniil after the SP run-through:
https://youtu.be/FkWiZBJQeOE

FS run-through:
https://youtu.be/8bEZVoIb4_E

Talking to Eteri & Daniil after the FS run-through:
https://youtu.be/whllVpxCOhI

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Thank you for that. She was always so serious during the talks with Eteri after both run-thrus...

As someone has written under one of the videos: The cutest girl in the world :luv17:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
BTW Anna's words from the last week about the worlds cancelled sounded truly sad. I hope she's OK now.

Fluture

Record Breaker
As I have too much time on my hands I decided to translate what the German commentator said about Anna during her SP at the Europeans.

“Strong combination, the best of the entire day – 3Lz+3Lo! What flexibility! (during her layback)
After her skate: The pressure is finally off the shoulders of this young and likable figure skater, 15 years old, Russian, Anna Shcherbakova with a fantastic performance. Her skating is smooth as butter, very gentle, great edges, incredible flexibility, insane positions (in her spins – it is meant as something positive). Outstanding jumps – woah. What more could you possibly want as a figure skating fan? Simply amazing what she showed there. It started with the 2A – as a warm-up, so to say – again and again these spirals, then the flip with the arms above the head – absolutely clean, no ice flying around. Centered, fast spins with amazing positions. It doesn’t get any better. Well, of course, it does, in the small details but this is skating at the highest level, certainly.”

Rest will be found on The Edge because it contains criticism of ladies skating that I do not think is suitable for Anna’s fanfest but I wanted to share this here. I thought you might enjoy. :)

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Once the corona virus becomes more contained, I hope that Nike will do a photo shoot with Anna. I love the ones that they have done with Zhenya (especially the one right after the Olympics), so I can’t wait to see what they will do with Anna’s. Is it too much to hope for Zhenya and Anna to do one together? :laugh:

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Once the corona virus becomes more contained, I hope that Nike will do a photo shoot with Anna. I love the ones that they have done with Zhenya (especially the one right after the Olympics), so I can’t wait to see what they will do with Anna’s. Is it too much to hope for Zhenya and Anna to do one together? :laugh:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker

Little chance of #TeamTutberidzeForProgress wanting to do anything with Medvyedeva. Besides, Anna and Yevgeniya live and train worlds apart and are of different generations. Yevgeniya should be marketed to young adults, while Anna should be marketed to teenagers.

Azikin

Medalist
Yeah, little chance.. though I have those two together as one of my desktop wallpapers (along with Polina).. it feels very nostalgic.. ;)

brakes

On the Ice
Instagram post of Anya's aunt from month ago. :sad21::love:

https://www.facebook.com/alina.gubina.963/posts/1972259816250756
Сколько времени прошло, и вроде я не сентиментальная тетка, а как вспомню этот перелом - за 15 минут до окончания последней тренировки на сборах 2017 в Новогорске, и Юленок ждет Анютика с собранными чемоданами у катка, чтобы этим же вечером улететь на шоу в Японии..
А потом, когда тяжелейший перелом всё не срастался и не срастался, и вот сняли гипс, и ни минуты сомнения у сестры и племянницы, что совсем скоро вернутся на лед, а у меня одна невысказанная в слух мысль: «Лишь бы могла ходить не хромая!»
Наверное, эта программа на всегда останется самой любимой. Восхищаюсь своей сестрой и горжусь племянницей. Потому что вижу этот путь - не ради славы, а потому что по другому не представляют своей жизни. ❤️
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B9CuqS...p92fVlCefeb49tnf8Ujy-XyB7k8J_2CguXurZN4mZg7LU

Google translate:
How much time has passed, and I seem to be not a sentimental aunt, but as I recall this turning point - 15 minutes before the end of the last training session at the training camp of 2017 in Novogorsk, and Yulenok waits for Anyutik with collected suitcases at the ice rink to fly to the show in Japan that very evening. .
And then, when the most severe fracture did not grow together and did not grow together, and then the plaster was removed, and not a minute did my sister and niece doubt that they would return to the ice very soon, and I had one thought that was unspoken: “If only I could walk without limping ! "
Probably, this program will always remain the most beloved. I admire my sister and am proud of my niece. Because I see this path - not for the sake of glory, but because in another they do not represent their life. ❤️
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B9CuqS...p92fVlCefeb49tnf8Ujy-XyB7k8J_2CguXurZN4mZg7LU

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Exclusive ELLE: skater Anna Shcherbakova - about her dreams, fears and overcoming

A large interview with one of the most promising Russian athletes

The doping scandal made serious adjustments to the plans of the Russian team. The suspension from international starts for four years could ruin more than one sports career. But soon the worldwide coronavirus pandemic intervened in the training and preparation plan for important competitions. How do athletes experience this difficult time? For example, the Russian figure skater Anna Shcherbakova, who won the European Championship Silver medal in January, set a record at the Skate America Grand Prix stage in Las Vegas in October and scored many other victories, was one of the main contenders for the single figure skating medal. The girl recovered from a severe leg injury two years ago, and was ready for the most difficult Toeloops and Flips, but now she has to wait. ELLE talked with Anya about her dreams, fears, becoming an athlete and the secrets of confidence.

- How did your path in figure skating begin?

ANNA SHCHERBAKOVA: At three and a half years old, they brought me to the ice after my older sister. When I first went to the rink, I really liked it. And this joy from ice, speed and sliding is with me now. I was never forced or told "you need to go to training." Inside, there has always been this interest in the new.

- Was there something in childhood that scared you? Training is not the same as going to Gorky Park to skate.

" Not. The only thing I was afraid on the ice was the resurfacing machine. When it came, I quickly ran away from the rink (laughs). "

- And when did you switch to training jumps on ice?

" I've always liked jumping. It is interesting to try new elements. I have no fear of entering some kind of jump. Of course, a second fear “suddenly” may appear, and then you go into a jump and you calm down. You think about your movements and forget about everything else. "

- Do you remember the moment when you already realised that figure skating will become something very important in your life?

" Yes, awareness of this appeared when, at nine, I moved to the group with Eteri Georgiyevna. It was a more serious group where athletes trained who achieved results. I looked at them and saw how much work was needed. And Eteri Georgiyevna, she is not only training, she is constantly talking to you - and my attitude to the matter has become more conscious over time. In her group, I began to do triple jumps and then began to realise that this was no longer just a hobby. Now, I do not just come and do what I like, I have set tasks for training, I have to fulfill them, achieve results, strive for my goal. "

- The training process consists of attempts and errors. Tell me how you feel and do when you do not succeed.

" Of course, when something doesn’t work out, it’s hard. Unsuccessful trainings happen to everyone, but it is important to focus on what needs to be done to correct this mistake, and not act on your emotions. I always think: “What to do tomorrow, so that this does not happen again? What to fix? Where exactly were my mistakes? ” But even when I had injuries, there was never a desire to quit. On the contrary - the desire to fix everything faster in order to return to the ice faster. "

- How did your injury and recovery affect your attitude to how you performed before and now?

" There are minor injuries, this is normal for professional sports. But with a broken leg it was very difficult, so I even came to training, sat at the side, watched everyone skate, because I could not just sit at home without ice. Then I definitely understood that I can’t live without training.

After the injury, I constantly mentally returned and replayed an unsuccessful jump in my head, worried that I was wasting a lot of time instead of progressing. After a while, of course, you begin to rethink your workouts.

The recovery period was also difficult, because it seemed that "here, I went on the ice, now everything will be fine." And then you understand that everything needs to be started anew, everything is different.
At the competitions, there was a feeling that I missed something in training, that everyone trained, but I didn’t, so now I'm weaker.

It took me a lot of time to prove to myself that I had nevertheless returned to a high level and that I am competing again on a par with everyone. Now I see that this moment has helped me become more confident in competitions. "

- How do you prepare yourself for an important competition?

" The biggest secret is simply to work a lot in order to feel maximum confident in your abilities. The greatest confidence comes when you understand that when I do it every time in training, so when I go out on the ice and just do the same thing. If every day you perform this set of elements in training confidently , then it will be easier to get it together in competitions. And before the start, it is important to tune in correctly. I warm up, communicate with coaches and listen to music, so as not to be distracted by hearing outsiders - because competition can already be underway. "

- Tell me, when do you feel at your best?

" When I deliver a good skating run in competition. It is at the same time the greatest joy, pride and relief. When you have given your maximum, you get into the final pose - and you feel that you have shown everything that you worked on for so long. This is even a greater surge of emotions than when I stand on a pedestal with a medal: it is at the moment when my program ends that very pleasant tiredness sets in. Perhaps this is bliss. "

- There is such a stereotype that athletes generally have no life other than sports and training. How do you spend your free time?

" Most of my free time, of course, now is taken up by learning. Time completely free from training and classes is one day off per week. I love to cook, knit toys, but most of all I like to spend time with my pets. My favorite series is Sherlock. And from films I like to watch comedies, it helps to distract me from daily work and cheers me up. Sometimes I listen to music, the latest items in my playlist are Imagine Dragons and Sia. "

- Tell me about your style?

" Sporty, probably! Since we train every day, so we wear sportswea a lot. If suddenly some kind of jacket appeared in which you can train, which no one else in the group has, then this is very cool! (laughs). As you can see from my Instagram, I also love running shoes in everyday life. Today I am in Air Max 2090. They remind me of the air itself: transparent materials, unusual futuristic design and very lightweight. The model is not yet on sale, and it is always nice when people in the subject note what kind of sneakers you're wearing today. But for official events I pick up something more elegant, for example, a dress and heels, which I’m just learning to walk in and not stumble on. "

- Do you have a favorite mascot that you always carry with you?

" I can’t say that this is really my talisman, but it so happens that I always carry the napkin holder that was presented to me in Japan ... "

- Napkin holder ?!

" Yes, I take it with me everywhere in training and to competitions. Recently I made friends with a girl from Japan, who sends me parcels with various souvenirs, bears, dressed in dresses from my programs, which her mother has sewn herself. And she also makes jewelry to put on my napkin holder, matching my dresses and programs. And for every competition I put them the ear of my napkin holder. "

- Do you have a dream?

" There is a lot in sport - but it is rather a goal. I set myself the tasks for each workout, for example, a good skating run and work on some element. The task may be for a week. There are more global goals for the year. Of course, there is a dream to compete at the Olympics and do it well. "

- Do you want to win?

" Of course! Any athlete wants to win. Everyone says about the Olympics that this is a special start, so I really want to compete there too. "

- And besides figure skating, is there any global dream? Or some big goal?

" First of all, get a good education and find my place in life. In the future, I would like to be able to help stray animals. I greatly respect the people who do this. "

- Do you think that figure skating has changed since the time you started, and now - especially in women?

" Of course, yes, it has changed a lot. In principle, no sport stands still. In figure skating, everything is changing very rapidly, and what was good before is not good enough now.

And now the turning point is when the athletes began to show quadruple jumps in competitions. Everyone is at the limit of their abilities. You need to learn something new and strive to show it in competitions, to develop and move on forwards. "
-----
From: https://www.elle.ru/celebrities/int...review_token=bffae89c24aba04959c577b469e0eb4c

Nice photos!

Anna is a (the new?) Nike girl after all, and is subtly plugging her new, not yet released to the public, sneakers.