Anna Shcherbakova | Page 120 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

tempo

On the Ice
In the summer of 2019, the figure skating community was stirred up by this news: Anna Shcherbakova, in the new season transitioning from juniors to seniors, will perform to the music from the movie "Perfumer. The Story of a Murderer." Many a copy were broken in the attempt to find out whether this was the right choice, but it seems to me that we got the answer. If not at the Open Test Skates, then at Anna’s recent performance in Lombardy, for sure. The short program turned out to be extremely successful, largely due to the performing skills of the skater, but also due to the competent selection of the image, which I'll talk about in this post.

Please replace the "Many a copy were broken" to the correct one "A lot of spears were broken". Just a translation difficulties, wrong context for the Google-translater :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
"BREAKING A LEG, BEAR FOR TALISMAN AND STREET ANIMALS." 7 Facts about Anna Shcherbakova

The current champion of Russia Anna Shcherbakova is in her first senior season and has already entered the history of figure skating. She was the first to perform the quadruple Lutz in senior competitions and won the tournament in Lombardy. This is why she is my hero of the week. Here are 7 facts about this young athlete.

I came to the sport following my sister

Anya started figure skating at 3.5 years old. Her parents brought her to classes, because Inna was already engaged in the sport.

Shcherbakova fell into the group with Oksana Bulycheva and Yuliya Krasinskaya of the Khrustalniy branch of Sambo-70, thanks to them Anna fell in love with figure skating.

But as the figure skater herself admits, she began to take training seriously only when she joined the group of Eteri Tutberidze in 2013. After a year of training under her guidance, the athlete jumped all the triple jumps and now realised that figure skating was not just entertainment, but her favourite occupation.

I didn’t ride for two months due to an injury

Despite her young age, dramatic events have already happened in Anna's sports life. In April 2017, Daniil Gleikhengauz posted a video on Instagram where Anna jumps a quad Toeloop solo and in a cascade, it made a splash, and Shcherbakova was predicted for success at junior competitions. However, her debut had to be postponed.

During a training, during the execution of a complex cascade with a triple Rittberger, Anna fell and broke her leg. The recovery period was difficult, primarily in moral terms. But thanks to the support of the team, the skater coped with this difficult stage in her life, she even came on crutches to watch the training.

“After the injury, it was hard to train and jump,” told the athlete. "I was supported by my family, coaches, they called from the federation - to find out how I was. It was very nice. There was no feeling that I was alone. Figure skating is a way of life for me. I can’t imagine what would have happened if I couldn't skate. My every day is associated with this sport. There was never any thought of leaving it, even during an injury. I never thought I didn't want it or that I don't need it.

Having recovered, Shcherbakova became only stronger and began to train not only the quad Toeloop, but also the quad Lutz.

Champion of Russia

In December 2018, Anna sensationally managed to win the Russian championship. Few could have imagined that it was 14-year-old Shcherbakova who, after the short program, ranked fifth, would beat the more titled rivals and win. Brilliantly fulfilling her free program, which had everything - "ultra-si" elements and crystal clear skating, she left behind Alina Zagitova and Yevgeniya Medvyedeva, as well as her group friends - Aleksandra Trusova and Alyona Kostornaya.

Entering the History of Figure Skating

In her first senior season, Anna became the first skater in history who managed in ISU senior competitions to perform the most difficult element - the quadruple Lutz. This happened at the very first tournament where Shcherbakova participated after leaving the juniors - Lombardia Trophy in Bergamo. The Lutz - one of the most valuable jumps in figure skating - performed by Shcherbakova received 14.03 points (base value - 11.5). This allowed Anna to win her debut senior start, collecting a total of 218.2 points.

Mascot Teddy Bear

Figure skating is very popular in Japan, which is why skaters love to be in this country. Anna is no exception. After the shows in which she participated, fans bombarded her with gifts, Shcherbakova had to sort though them for three to four hours. Although the skater herself says that this is a very pleasant activity.

One of these gifts was a plush napkin holder - a bear cub. Daniil Gleickhengauz - the choreographer of the group - always has this bear in his hands during Anna’s performances. According to the skater, the toy can already be called its talisman.

Admires Mao Asada

Among the skaters who inspire Anna Shcherbakova, Mao Asada is highlighted. The Japanese athlete has already completed her career, but has remained in the hearts of figure skating enthusiasts. “I am pleased to review her performances, admire her ability to combine feminine plasticity with complex elements,” Shcherbakova noted in an interview. In fact, we can say that the work of Asada influenced Anna. Indeed, her skating also combines the most sophisticated technique and spectacular gentle skating.

Of the male figure skaters in technique and skating, Shcherbakova highlights Nathan Chen, and also supports Boyan Dzyn.

Picked up animals from the street

After returning home from training, Anna’s furry friends are waiting for her. Boni the dog is a mutt, who ran to the Shcherbakovs at the family's dacha and remained with them. He is large, white and fluffy, similar to a Samoyed husky.
In addition, there is a Maine Coon Shayni cat, with a complex character, as Anna says.

And also a kitten, which was taken from the street, he survived an illness and is practically blind, but very active, he is nicknamed Shipa - from the word 'hiss'. This summer a cat named Mafia appeared in the household.
-----
From: https://zen.yandex.ru/media/teamrus...-ob-anne-scerbakovoi-5d81e42e9c944600ae82df69

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
Less than a week left until we finally see Anna at Skate America. :yahoo: I can't wait. I hope everything goes well and the jetlag won't bother her too much.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Less than a week left until we finally see Anna at Skate America. :yahoo: I can't wait. I hope everything goes well and the jetlag won't bother her too much.

Yessss go Anna!!! Skate your little heart out!! Hopefully she will get better scores this time. I am still upset about her last competition. She deserves better:( Get the gold from your first GP little fire bird!!:hap10:

skatergurl7

On the Ice
So excited! Will she be planning 2 quads? If she can do one I don’t see why she can’t add another, unless it’s still inconsistent

ecr1221

Rinkside
So excited! Will she be planning 2 quads? If she can do one I don’t see why she can’t add another, unless it’s still inconsistent

It's probably a stamina issue. For example, Sasha originally had the Salchow, but then started doing Lutz and Toe since she didnt have the stamina to do all 3 in a program, and those were worth more.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just letting you know that the title of this thread has been changed slightly because, when I was watching the Ice Star yesterday, I discovered that there is another Anna Shcherbakova competing in Junior Ice Dance.

Anna Stanislavovna Shcherbakova (Singles Skater): https://fskate.ru/skaters/3177.html

Anna Mikhailovna Shcherbakova (Ice Dancer with Evgeni Gurov): https://fskate.ru/skaters/4773.html

So, to avoid confusion, the same approach will be taken as we took when we discovered that there were 2 skaters competing called Anastasia Gubanova: adding the initial of the patronym to the thread title.

Hope this clears everything up

CaroLiza_fan

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker

I suppose Mafia wants to accompany Anya at the next competition? :biggrin:

Speaking of which...I am very excited for Anya's senior GP debut, and can't believe it is here already! 14 months ago we were anxiously waiting for Anya's international debut, delayed one year due to her broken leg :sad21:, and we were not sure how everything will turn out. And now she won her first challenger, is jumping quads, is making her senior GP debut this weekend and is one of the main contenders for the Russian team this year. Amazing Anya :love:

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Anya has reached LV; accompanied by Eteri, Daniil and her dad - hope this 'support group' will guarantee a win ;)