Anna Shcherbakova | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
That works better :)
Also I saw that this thread was the last ladies one posted in and then I looked and I was like "oh yeah, it's tars, not surprised" :laugh2: we know you well!

tars

Record Breaker
If you stop video on the last frame, it presents text book head-neck-shoulders-back line. :love:

I can't wait to see more of her! Do you guys think, they're gonna push hard towards Junior Nats (22.01.2018) or play it cautiously with some minor tournaments in the spring? :think:
I'm pretty sure she's not 100% yet and I don't think she has many chances in nats without quads vs super successful group colleagues anyway. :confused2:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
If you stop video on the last frame, it presents text book head-neck-shoulders-back line. :love:

I can't wait to see more of her! Do you guys think, they're gonna push hard towards Junior Nats (22.01.2018) or play it cautiously with some minor tournaments in the spring? :think:
I don't think she has many chances in nats without quads vs super successful group colleagues anyway.
I really don't care if she has any legitimate chances to do well, I just want to see her skate :sad21:

Legitimately, I think that with a clean skate she could win even without quads but considering the momentum others have gained from JGP, I think she in reality might only place about 4th. But a 4th placement is still worth competing for, right? Actually, I'd be kind of curious about the kind of PCS they would give her FS if she actually somehow has been able to upgrade her transitional content somewhat - Trusova for instance stepped hers up a ton during the transition from pre-junior to junior season and I don't see why Shcherbakova couldn't do the same thing. In fact, what has Shcherbakova been working on during her recovery period? Last time she got injured, she really got back stronger than ever and I really really would love for that to happen again.

And if it so happened to be that Shcherbakova would be healthy enough in time for the junior nationals and had a wonderful skate, would junior worlds actually be out of question? Yes, that's me getting way ahead of myself, but let's say she actually goes ahead and wins Russian junior nationals - Would she be actually able to go to jr. Worlds in that case? Before this season, all I truly wished for her was that she could perform her free skate to a large international audience(GPF or jr. Worlds). Even if that doesn't happen this season, I really hope that she would keep the program for the next season as well and accomplish that. Because proper applause and recognition is something she deserves.

Realistically though, I don't want her to rush into competing before she's not ready even though the wait is so painful. This track is what I feel like while waiting.

tars

Record Breaker
Broken hand is different though - I imagine she could have even done many jumping excercises off the ice.
With complicated leg fracture she's experienced, you can't do much really. I can only imagine hard work of doctors and Anna's pain and patience she faced since then. :hopelessness:
The girl is my tiny personal skating hero and I want her to shine brightly next season, safely and fully healed. Nobody on the international circuit is going to know her and boom:

Hear my silent prayer,
Heed my quiet call,
When the dark and blue surround you,
Step into my sigh…
:love::love::love:

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Broken hand is different though - I imagine she could have even done many jumping excercises off the ice.
With complicated leg fracture she's experienced, you can't do much really. I can only imagine hard work of doctors and Anna's pain and patience she faced since then. :hopelessness:
The girl is my tiny personal skating hero and I want her to shine brightly next season, safely and fully healed. Nobody on the international circuit is going to know her and boom:

Hear my silent prayer,
Heed my quiet call,
When the dark and blue surround you,
Step into my sigh…
:love::love::love:
I have often found myself wondering how she is feeling and what she's thinking. How does she feel when her teammates have great success while she cannot compete? I'm sure she is genuinely happy for them. But it still must be very painful for her, which is why it also is very heartbreaking to see her always smiling. I feel like she is the type of a person who wouldn't really show when she's hurting inside. Perhaps that also is why her performing feels so powerful and genuine - It could act as an outlet to help her express emotions she usually might not. And that also is why the part early in the step sequence feels like her saying "I know I should be a good girl with a bright smile... But I just really don't feel like it right now" which makes it very powerful for me. Such a small gesture really brings the emotion out and it truly amazes me how good she is at accomplishing it(Of course, this entire thing is likely just me thinking too much). Even the far more nuanced things like here after the heavy choreo part, the slightest of movements with the left arm to the music right before the jump is just magical. And I just don't understand how all these small things she does work so much better than anyone else's to me. For every single other skater ever I've at most wanted to rewatch a program maybe 10 times and gotten bored of it or just not as interested after I know everything that's going to happen. But I'm probably too embarrassed to admit how many times I've rewatched Anya's free skate performances. It just never gets old for me. In fact, it's very difficult to truly enjoy other skaters' skating when this is the comparison...

On a more upbeat note, both her SP and FS GIFs from VK are fantastic and mostly catch the moments they should:

SP
FS

Hopes and prayers that she's going to have a very healthy and successful 2018-2019 season with the timid dream that she's still going to perform somewhere during this season. Anything more than that would be the most beautiful of dreams coming true.

tars

Record Breaker
- What are your programs about?

- In short program I present cheerful image of an Indian. In free program I play the image of a young girl discovering the world! In the beginning, she hides from the outside world behind her closest friend - her sister, and at first I play with her, being afraid of everything else, but then my sister insists that there is a lot of interesting things in life and you can reveal youself to the other people, I'm doing it, and then, having explored the world, I return to my sister and embrace her. Such a philosophical life-affirming program. Both programs were created by Daniel Markovich Gleyhengauz.

Anna Shcherbakova in the interview with Aleksey Zubakov, 29.10.2016

I've read more detailed, very interesting theories behind FS choreography in this very forum as well... :)

Shayuki

Record Breaker
Anna Shcherbakova in the interview with Aleksey Zubakov, 29.10.2016

I've read more detailed, very interesting theories behind FS choreography in this very forum as well... :)

Heh, a few words on the SP and an entire paragraph on the FS. I have read that as well but I don't think it's quite the entire story, it's much more nuanced than that. Though, I can see the general idea of transformation which it really portrays well.

The SP is lovely but is very basic and she also has always received pretty poor PCS for it in comparison. I really want them to stick with this FS for the next season too even though that'd be using the same program for 3 whole seasons... But it deserves JGP spotlight. Unless they can come up with something even better(Though even then I still think this program deserves JGP spotlight)...

The SP though, I think it's time to replace it with something where she can use more "round" arm positions. They're much more beautiful for her and having to hold her arms and hands all stiff like in the SP's choreo really holds her back in my opinion.

Something in the style of her 2014-2015 SP please~