Anna Shcherbakova | Page 132 | Golden Skate

Anna Shcherbakova

Vemvane

On the Ice
Good luck to Anna! Her SP is unique and beautiful, and I really hope to see it rewarded the way I feel it should be. She is so delicate and ethereal when skating to this piece, a complete contrast to her fierce Firebird. May she come off the ice smiling!

Vemvane

On the Ice
Finally! That is such a haunting piece of music to skate to, and Anna does such a good job with it. I'm so happy for her, earning a season's best today! May she have a wonderful Firebird tomorrow.

Jontor

Medalist
Country
Sweden
What a wonderful GPF by Anna! She won the free skate and if only that 4F had worked...she might have won!

I'm happy that she finally is starting to get the PCS she deserves. I love both her programs.:luv17:

Azikin

Medalist
What a wonderful GPF by Anna! She won the free skate and if only that 4F had worked...she might have won!

I'm happy that she finally is starting to get the PCS she deserves. I love both her programs.:luv17:

That's almost exactly what I wanted to write.. ;):luv17::love::thank:

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Anna is the "quiet force" of the trio. Her progress doesn't look so rapid as with Aliona's three 3A or "one more quad any new competition" Sasha, but she slowly rises in the ranks. Yesterday, with clean quad flip she could have possibly won. Still she had strongest free program. Her PCS, though often underestimated, are on the same level as Aliona's and I'm glad she is finally starting to receive higher score for it. And her technical skills are only a little behind Sasha. For me she is something like "golden middle way", ideal mix of technique and artistry.

I hope she will keep it and improve it till the olympics.

Lunalovesskating

Moonbear power 🐻
Record Breaker
Anna's performances at the GPF were beautiful. I am so happy she could finally show the full potential of her SP. She is so musical and hits every note. Very beautiful skates.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Congratulations to Anna on winning the free skate and earning that silver medal overall! That was a magnificent Firebird, and that costume change as always appeared to thrill the audience. I get so nervous before she goes for her quads, but she seems to have really stabilised her lutz this year, and I'm so excited for her to land the flip. I can't get my head around the fact that she overrotated it! What are these girls made of?

She is also so musical and it shows in this single programme, where she goes from the softer, more lyrical start to the sharper Firebird, and her entire body language transforms with that costume change. She is gentle when the music is gentle, fierce when it is fierce, and exultant when it exults; and she manages to stay on the music and hit the beats. I'm not sure I've seen her off her timing when skating.

I will say, I do feel sad for her that Alexandra always seems to get the firsts - really rough luck there for Anna. But still, she is undeniably pushing the envelope and proving that quads are possible. I loved what Ted said in the commentary on the victory ceremony, that she, and the other two of the 3A, were examples that showed that you can be good and achieve the impossible if you go out there and work hard and believe in yourself. (I am paraphrasing heavily here, I can't remember his exact wording, but it was something along those lines.)

DizzyFrenchie

Record Breaker
Artemisa,
Last year, she had a short program suiting her artistic stage of growth at the beginning of the season, and a free program suiting her artistic level at the end of the season. This year it is the reverse. I bet Daniil Gleichengauz knows her so well that he guesses how she will progress along the season, and creates his choreographies accordingly. And I love it! Did you notice how her interpretation of her short program has already progressed? Given its quality I believe it may be a masterpiece at World — if she's in the team. If she's not, it will really be a waste of talent. Oh, why cannot Russia send four ladies at Worlds?

Decoder

On the Ice
Anna gave the best and most thoughtful answers, she is so clever and bright, and unphased too. Sasha was still too giggle and excited, and Alyona probably tired after having been in meeting with the press for so many hours since her win.

Each Eteri girl is unique and each shows lovely personality. It seems that Anna is strong on literature and thus well organized when speaking (although I don't understand Russian).

Decoder

On the Ice
Artemisa,
Last year, she had a short program suiting her artistic stage of growth at the beginning of the season, and a free program suiting her artistic level at the end of the season. This year it is the reverse. I bet Daniil Gleichengauz knows her so well that he guesses how she will progress along the season, and creates his choreographies accordingly. And I love it! Did you notice how her interpretation of her short program has already progressed? Given its quality I believe it may be a masterpiece at World — if she's in the team. If she's not, it will really be a waste of talent. Oh, why cannot Russia send four ladies at Worlds?

Anna is an artist on ice. It's like reading a poem when I watch her skate!

Azikin

Medalist
Given its quality I believe it may be a masterpiece at World — if she's in the team.

She's one of the 3A girls who are redefining the ladies figure skating and completely dominating the field this season. Hard to image they would leave any of them home.. ;)

Vemvane

On the Ice
Anna is an artist on ice. It's like reading a poem when I watch her skate!

I think you've hit the nail on the head with that description. It puts me in mind of her Perfume SP in particular, which is such a challenging piece of music for her to skate to, and requires a sophisticated, artistic performance from her. Poetry on ice indeed!

Anna's performances at the GPF were beautiful. I am so happy she could finally show the full potential of her SP. She is so musical and hits every note. Very beautiful skates.

She is so musical. Right from the beginning You could see that she always hit the right notes, and especially emphasised the high notes. It is a gift to be able to do that.